Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  83
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open Season on Aaron Naughton??

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    There is an abundance of journalists who want to cover "breaking news" and the sensationalist stories. There is a lack of journalists who are doing proper deep dive analysis that the people who contribute on this board would appreciate.

The contributors on this board offer a lot more when it comes to actually understanding what is happening within the games when it comes to the Western Bulldogs (and also other teams) compared with all the journalists who are paid full time to cover the game.
    Addressing the OP, and as Sedat said there are 4 million deadshits covering the game, yet they all go with the same topic. Can't these fools think for themselves
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I really liked Bevo's response. Aligned with a lot of what has been said in this thread, by people who have actually watched Aaron play this year.
    I'm actually glad Bevo addressed it. It really did feel like it was 'Topic of the Week' this week...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes jazzadogs, angelopetraglia, Mofra, jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad that we have Naughton moving up the ground. I'd still prefer to have been playing as a defender, but I'm keen to see how it works with him roaming up the ground.

Brutally honest - I think he has pretty ordinary forward instincts - particularly if you compare him to Darcy and Marra who get to the right spots and in particular with Marra, time their leads really well. Getting Naughton up higher, clearing out room for Marra and using Naughton's aerial traits to compete around the ground could help us. Incredibly disappointing that we didn't do this in the Melbourne game to open the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Glad that we have Naughton moving up the ground. I'd still prefer to have been playing as a defender, but I'm keen to see how it works with him roaming up the ground.

Brutally honest - I think he has pretty ordinary forward instincts - particularly if you compare him to Darcy and Marra who get to the right spots and in particular with Marra, time their leads really well. Getting Naughton up higher, clearing out room for Marra and using Naughton's aerial traits to compete around the ground could help us. Incredibly disappointing that we didn't do this in the Melbourne game to open the season.
    WE actually started the game against Melbourne with Naughton sitting on the 50m arc. He kicked the first goal from 45 out. I believe he got a knock and was forced deeper so he didn't have to run much and make May accountable.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    WE actually started the game against Melbourne with Naughton sitting on the 50m arc. He kicked the first goal from 45 out. I believe he got a knock and was forced deeper so he didn't have to run much and make May accountable.
    Geez, I dunno that seems a stretch. I don't remember anything about him being injured, but he was not only a non-factor, but May had 25 possessions and completely ran the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Geez, I dunno that seems a stretch. I don't remember anything about him being injured, but he was not only a non-factor, but May had 25 possessions and completely ran the game.
    Beveridge mentioned during the week after the game he received a knock early, I think Naughton even made an appearance in the rehab group at training.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes bornadog liked this post