Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 5 vs Essendon 2024

1 Darcy is coming on very well
    2 JUH hands are so good he is even taking one handers while holding off opponents. Scary, if only he gets his goal kicking right.
    3 umpires might as well have been wearing red and black.
    4 That ground was a disgrace to play on. I hope both clubs hit the AFL with a please explain and fine them( works both ways)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    2 JUH hands are so good he is even taking one handers while holding off opponents. Scary, if only he gets his goal kicking right.
    4 That ground was a disgrace to play on. I hope both clubs hit the AFL with a please explain and fine them( works both ways)
    It really was horrendously slippery, wasn't it? Docklands has always had it's issues but it was a skating rink last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It really was horrendously slippery, wasn't it? Docklands has always had it's issues but it was a skating rink last night.
    I think we had 3 players come off in the vfl due to ankle issues.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

1. Sam Darcy is a beacon of hope.
    2. Sanders is made of the right stuff, his reaction to being subbed tells me he has the right mix of G and D.
    3. essendon are a far superior team than us, I thought we were around the mark with them.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb's ankle was iced at full time.

It will look like we're making excuses if we address it publicly but I would hope that we're making a lot of noise behind the scenes about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    1. Sam Darcy is a beacon of hope.
    2. Sanders is made of the right stuff, his reaction to being subbed tells me he has the right mix of G and D.
    3. essendon are a far superior team than us, I thought we were around the mark with them.
    Sanders has got it, but 8 possessions in 3/4 for a mid isn’t acceptable.
    I’m glad he was upset he should have been. In saying that all our mids had a horror night, although I thought Treloar gave it a dip all night.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Agree with 1 & 2.

On point 3 right now I?d accept one decent first round pick. I I?m not sure other clubs would offer 2 first rounders after Tim?s lacklustre performance tonight.
    Someone will make him the best CHF in the comp.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the VFL on the livestream and it looked like Clarke ice skated on the turf and then his foot got trapped. He was hurt, luckily it wasn't more nasty. Disgraceful playing surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Dear god no. They looked horrendous last night - VFL quality at best. I?d like to think that as dire as things are we are still the better team overall

10. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really close to that when it happened -yep I think you?re spot on. I thought he was seriously hurt & he was in a lot of pain. Tough player. Very team oriented. Hope he keeps improving and has opportunity at senior level soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Dear god no. They looked horrendous last night - VFL quality at best. I?d like to think that as dire as things are we are still the better team overall
    They aren't super talented, however they are playing with great intensity and Duursma, Gresham and Goldstein have been astute recruits which help balance their list age.
    Not a finals side however will be hard to beat especially on the fast deck at Docklands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Someone will make him the best CHF in the comp.
    He lacks aggression to play ruck not sure putting him in another combative position will work either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They aren't super talented, however they are playing with great intensity and Duursma, Gresham and Goldstein have been astute recruits which help balance their list age.
    Not a finals side however will be hard to beat especially on the fast deck at Docklands.
    A week ago they were being blasted for recruiting these types saying they do not run games out and their desire is questionable.

They have not beaten anyone of note, including us. They make finals it will be a miracle.

Shows how bad we were Friday more than anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolded bit. 2 goes at it. He dragged one in in a marking contest whilst airborne. He failed to hold on to the one where he held the defender off. That said, our most productive forward, doubled his match average of goals and improved his conversion rate for the game to 50 %. No tackles and I've seen glaciers move quicker when it comes to chasing defenders in possession.

Post Thanks / Like

1. When the team's off, it's really off, how often do Bont and Libber have off matches at all let alone in the same game ?
    2. Turnovers in handball chains. It has to be structural. Is it that the players don't separate enough ?
    3. Giving away free kicks in the forward fifty in Q1 killed what little confidence or momentum survived Essendon's ruck dominance. Darcy throwing that Essendon player to the ground giving away 50, that has to be removed from his game.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post