Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 5 vs Essendon 2024

1. We are stuffed when Libba and Bont are not firing. Its total stupid that we don't employ tagging or blocking as defense to protect them. Like a Daniel chick, enforcer type role .
    2. The 3rd quarter was truly shocking to watch as our team played selfish footy and then just dropped their bundle making ridicolous skill errors.

3. The afl truly, truly , really hate us. The umpires must have had a bet going on or a directive to help Essendon ascend from the hubris, because all the 50/50 , softest frees went their way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    1. When the team's off, it's really off, how often do Bont and Libber have off matches at all let alone in the same game ?
    2. Turnovers in handball chains. It has to be structural. Is it that the players don't separate enough ?
    3. Giving away free kicks in the forward fifty in Q1 killed what little confidence or momentum survived Essendon's ruck dominance. Darcy throwing that Essendon player to the ground giving away 50, that has to be removed from his game.
    very good observation. They don?t separate enough and have too many in the chain.

Drags those further up the ground into poor positions. Actually prevents the fast ball movement that 35m kicking generates for opponents. Allows opposition to easily lock the play and have a lose spare to capitalise on the turnovers.

Other teams don?t do it our way. So it must be a directive.

3. Likes D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought Essendon's crowd got them going, Umpires still umpire with their ears, this wont change until they have ear plugs.
    We as bulldog supporters have to be ruthless, every free we get we must give "broncs cheers", every tackle we lay must be loud "Ball". Every time we have a player Held/pushed "Holding""in the back" Opposition crowds put pressure on our players, I dont think we are as ruthless. think our 19th man is letting us down.

5. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Can Bar View Post
    Thought Essendon's crowd got them going, Umpires still umpire with their ears, this wont change until they have ear plugs.
    We as bulldog supporters have to be ruthless, every free we get we must give "broncs cheers", every tackle we lay must be loud "Ball". Every time we have a player Held/pushed "Holding""in the back" Opposition crowds put pressure on our players, I dont think we are as ruthless. think our 19th man is letting us down.
    Agree our crowd noise is subpar. There was a time when we would get lesser crowd numbers but make up for it with extra voice. Now I feel we get out-cheered by interstate teams' supporters.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Agree our crowd noise is subpar. There was a time when we would get lesser crowd numbers but make up for it with extra voice. Now I feel we get out-cheered by interstate teams' supporters.
    Our “supporting effort” mirrors the team’s application. If they can’t be stuffed neither can I.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Our “supporting effort” mirrors the team’s application. If they can’t be stuffed neither can I.
    That's understandable, we all get quieter when the team disappoints, but there is something to be said for stoically supporting the team through thick and thin.

At Adelaide Oval I was sitting on the wing with no shortage of Dogs supporters around. It had been a quiet atmosphere for most of the night. When we kicked the goal to put us within a goal of Geelong in the last our little group started a chant and... crickets. Whole bunch of murmurs and folded arms. Boring! That was the moment to be loud.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Chicken and the egg? Bottom line we are the supporters. Our job is to support. Win Lose or draw. I hate losing like everyone else. But pointing fingers never works. We all have to look at ourselves. The only thing we supporters can influence is a game changing / momentum changing free. we are not the best supporters, we should aim to be.

Post Thanks / Like

That's understandable, we all get quieter when the team disappoints, but there is something to be said for stoically supporting the team through thick and thin.

At Adelaide Oval I was sitting on the wing with no shortage of Dogs supporters around. It had been a quiet atmosphere for most of the night. When we kicked the goal to put us within a goal of Geelong in the last our little group started a chant and... crickets. Whole bunch of murmurs and folded arms. Boring! That was the moment to be loud.
    On Friday night on level two on the outer wing on bulldog supporter tried to get the whole Doggy doggy doggy woof woof woof going. Some supporters jumped on board majority did not.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Silly talk. It helps to have something to cheer about. Ive been to plenty of games where we are louder even when the crowd is equal at Marvel. We were loud at moments on Friday but once it was clear we were turning in another West Coast-esque performance people gave up.

This mediocrity is clearly getting to people, watching us have moments where the entire team on the field looks like they don't care. I couldn't even get myself cheering because im just bogged down by watching this nightmare repeat over and over for three years. And now that we have pulled this crap off on a big Friday game, the whole footy world is now wondering the same thing: WTF is going on at the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarnTheScray View Post
    Silly talk. It helps to have something to cheer about. Ive been to plenty of games where we are louder even when the crowd is equal at Marvel. We were loud at moments on Friday but once it was clear we were turning in another West Coast-esque performance people gave up.

This mediocrity is clearly getting to people, watching us have moments where the entire team on the field looks like they don't care. I couldn't even get myself cheering because im just bogged down by watching this nightmare repeat over and over for three years. And now that we have pulled this crap off on a big Friday game, the whole footy world is now wondering the same thing: WTF is going on at the Bulldogs.
    Agree. As a supporter you never feel in watching them. Even when we have control of a game and look like we have another gear to go we can within the space of a few minutes let in 4 - 5 goals. Game over. Years ago we had that grunt and would bury sides. We don't have that in us anymore. We seem to be very timid as a team and that then flows through to the supporters who have no faith in the playing group. We expect the worse now and hope for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Years ago we had that grunt and would bury sides. We don't have that in us anymore. We seem to be very timid as a team and that then flows through to the supporters who have no faith in the playing group. We expect the worse now and hope for the best.
    Re Years ago, I remember yelling my head off all game trying to convince an umpire to pay a free and when they did, laugh my head off knowing the umpire got sucked in. If we go into our shell when a team gets a run on, Fearing a repeat of the Melbourne GF outcome. we are playing into the opposition hands. We have to get angrier and louder until we influence a favourable decision. Wrestle back momemtum as they say.

Post Thanks / Like

1/ Not going to a game we play shit in due to a golf trip is fun.
    2/ Watching said game on the big screen with about 30 drinking males who all know you barrack for the loser isn't fun.
    3/ I shot even par on a tough course after 4hrs sleep and whilst wearing pink leggings and a tutu so the weekend wasn't a total bust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    1/ Not going to a game we play shit in due to a golf trip is fun.
    2/ Watching said game on the big screen with about 30 drinking males who all know you barrack for the loser isn't fun.
    3/ I shot even par on a tough course after 4hrs sleep and whilst wearing pink leggings and a tutu so the weekend wasn't a total bust.
    Upcoming nuptials?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Upcoming nuptials?
    No... just an annual golf trip. We have a fancy dress on the Saturday and this year's theme was ''pink''.