Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 5, 2024 vs Essendon

Duursma's first arrow.

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Duursma's first arrow.
    He kicked two from outside 50m. The fist one from an acute angle. Some kicking. It is like a dagger through the heart when we missed some from direclty in front like Marra's first opportunity of the last quarter.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Second quarter, Naughton streaming towards fifty and Marra screaming for the ball deep in his wrong pocket, instead of looping around and presenting a short and opening up some space behind him.

It just felt to me the team wasn't working together and it was going to be a shit night. Marra played well, but that bit of his game got me.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment I saw JOD selected. Nothing against him at all. Just team balance looked off for the team we were up against
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Second quarter, Naughton streaming towards fifty and Marra screaming for the ball deep in his wrong pocket, instead of looping around and presenting a short and opening up some space behind him.

It just felt to me the team wasn't working together and it was going to be a shit night. Marra played well, but that bit of his game got me.
    Can not agree here. Leading to a guy that over bounces is very difficult. Naughton butchered that moment absolute amatuer and devoid of any footy iq.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The game was over but Libba getting decked by Stringer and on all fours in pain. Our spiritual leader. Nobody did a damn thing. It told you everything you suspected of this group - soulless, weak, defeated.
    Bloody good point. I?m so numb to the disappointment I didn?t notice this but you are spot on.

A disgraced scumbag of our club decks our vice captain and not one player did a thing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Can not agree here. Leading to a guy that over bounces is very difficult. Naughton butchered that moment absolute amatuer and devoid of any footy iq.
    Weightman was in the perfect spot for a short hit up and was asking for it and Naughton stuffed it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

The minute Essendon lost to port and the media piled it on the bombers. Everyone in the footy world knew it was coming except our coach.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The minute Essendon lost to port and the media piled it on the bombers. Everyone in the footy world knew it was coming except our coach.
    Ledge and the players and the bloody players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bramble diabolical handball error in the 2nd qtr when he had 5 players running alongside him and 1-on-1's in F50. We were still in front at the time.

Just a horrible error.
    To that point I was confident that eventually we?d get our noses in front by a comfortable margin and weight of numbers would win the day for us. Thought we?d emphatically punish that turnover and cash in on some good running football. Then it was, hang on, we?re not good enough.

There was a moment in the first or second, where their ruck streamed out the front of the contest and pumped the city inside 50. A scene we see too regularly. I thought if that big dumb shit can do it to us, anyone can. We?re cooked.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

We were 14 points down at 3/4 time. Felt like that flattered us, but it was immensely doable. Collingwood in the past two seasons have made an art form of pinching those ones where they haven’t played well. They intensify the pace of the match, run harder in waves, take risks in the corridor.

A point was scored by the Bombres. Still doable. But we moved the ball out at a snails pace. Slow, stagnant, chipping it around. No urgency, no risk taking, no sense we were going to storm home over the top of them. We were the anti-Collingwood. I knew we’d lose from that moment.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post