Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saints V Bulldogs - Round 6, 18/4/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Why can't we do that consistently?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Chef it's time you came out and said you were wrong about Naughton.
    We've all been telling you....

It's a good q.... Motivating this group must be infuriating

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Not if you’re a master of motivation and narratives with excellent relationships.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A big win I didn’t coming. A few cheapies late against but a great win.

7. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The terms turncoat and narc spring to mind haha.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Apparently Ameet called out unfair media treatment of Beveridge prior to the game in an interview, by a particular few journalists. Was anyone around for that?

He also apparently reiterated Beveridge will be coaching until the end of 2025 as per his contract.

Big apricots to say that and back the coach in those terms - especially prior to the game.

At which point does the club reach out and suggest media stakeholders lay off as the hyperventilated coverage is actually bad for the mental health of its employees.

I've never seen anything like what I'm seeing with Beveridge now, particularly for a premiership coach that has had two positive seasons on the ledger after a grand final appearance.

What we're seeing in the AFL ecosystem with our coach is bullying, and the AFL is in part accountable for it. To have him portrayed as a bumbling fool for days until some decent minded journalists came out to provide a balanced view was beyond unfair. I get it's a tough industry, and I've worked in tough industries, but that was over the top.

The AFL needs to step up and pull its media partners into line, because the hysteria is over the top and its impacting their operational stakeholders and customers at the same time unnecessarily.
    Well said, You should send this to the club and afl house. It was beyond a joke the coverage this week, I'd love to know just how many article and segments on the footy shows were put out last week.

10. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Ameet called out unfair media treatment of Beveridge prior to the game in an interview, by a particular few journalists. Was anyone around for that?

He also apparently reiterated Beveridge will be coaching until the end of 2025 as per his contract.

Big apricots to say that and back the coach in those terms - especially prior to the game.

At which point does the club reach out and suggest media stakeholders lay off as the hyperventilated coverage is actually bad for the mental health of its employees.

I've never seen anything like what I'm seeing with Beveridge now, particularly for a premiership coach that has had two positive seasons on the ledger after a grand final appearance.

What we're seeing in the AFL ecosystem with our coach is bullying, and the AFL is in part accountable for it. To have him portrayed as a bumbling fool for days until some decent minded journalists came out to provide a balanced view was beyond unfair. I get it's a tough industry, and I've worked in tough industries, but that was over the top.

The AFL needs to step up and pull its media partners into line, because the hysteria is over the top and its impacting their operational stakeholders and customers at the same time unnecessarily.
    I think many fans were also over the top
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip, jeemak, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Pressure acts

Macrae 23
    JJ 22
    Harmes 20
    Bont 20
    Richards 18
    Garcia 17

I thought that both Garcia and Harmes, in particular when the game was there to be one early, were great with their pressure. Kudos also to Macrae who was awesome tonight in a number of different facets.
    So excuse me for my ignorance but what do they call pressure acts and they put up a graph saying things like one side has 170% pressure and the other side has dropped off on pressure how is that measured ? Seems another American thing the AFL wants to bring in
    Bring back the biff

14. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So excuse me for my ignorance but what do they call pressure acts and they put up a graph saying things like one side has 170% pressure and the other side has dropped off on pressure how is that measured ? Seems another American thing the AFL wants to bring in
    These are what Pressure Acts are:

Pressure Act (Corralling): The lowest form of pressure a player can apply, where they are simply occupying space in front of the ball carrier to prevent them moving forward, or have a run at them, but not quickly enough to record ‘closing’ pressure.

Pressure Act (Chasing)
    : Where a player applies pressure from behind an opponent by chasing. They must be gaining ground or applying pressure significant enough to hurry the ball carrier to dispose of the ball. If the chasing player is on the verge of making physical contact from behind, then closing pressure will be imminent.

Pressure Act (Implied): Reducing an opponent’s decision making time without physical contact ‘via corralling, closing space or chasing from behind’.

Pressure Act (Closing): A higher degree of pressure than corralling, where the pressure player is on the verge of making contact with the ball carrier (either from in front or the side) as he disposals of the ball. The key point of difference between this and corralling is that there will be imminent contact and the pressure player is forcing the ball carrier to dispose of it immediately.

Pressure Act (Physical):
    Applying direct physical contact to a player in the act of disposing of the ball or effecting a tackle that prevents an effective disposal from the ball carrier.

This is what pressure points are:

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2.

16. Thanks ledge, Uninformed thanked for this post
    Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The terms turncoat and narc spring to mind haha.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    These are what Pressure Acts are:

Pressure Act (Corralling): The lowest form of pressure a player can apply, where they are simply occupying space in front of the ball carrier to prevent them moving forward, or have a run at them, but not quickly enough to record ‘closing’ pressure.

Pressure Act (Chasing)
    : Where a player applies pressure from behind an opponent by chasing. They must be gaining ground or applying pressure significant enough to hurry the ball carrier to dispose of the ball. If the chasing player is on the verge of making physical contact from behind, then closing pressure will be imminent.

Pressure Act (Implied): Reducing an opponent’s decision making time without physical contact ‘via corralling, closing space or chasing from behind’.

Pressure Act (Closing): A higher degree of pressure than corralling, where the pressure player is on the verge of making contact with the ball carrier (either from in front or the side) as he disposals of the ball. The key point of difference between this and corralling is that there will be imminent contact and the pressure player is forcing the ball carrier to dispose of it immediately.

Pressure Act (Physical):
    Applying direct physical contact to a player in the act of disposing of the ball or effecting a tackle that prevents an effective disposal from the ball carrier.

This is what pressure points are:

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2.
    Wow how many stats blokes are doing that , you must have one for each act !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I guess when you allegedly physically assault one of them, question one of their wives, and unload on another for two minutes in a presser they're going to be queuing for their pound of flesh.
    They all started it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

That will be the key now. Can't just be a one off. Need to go to Perth next week and get the win. Freo have been solid but are very beatable.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

22. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They all started it.
    Nothing wrong with asking Damo to keep that energy when he sees him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

24. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Bain?s was steadfast in his support of Bevo, and not in the ?full and unconditional support of the board? way, more of a ?get stuffed SOS, he?s staying? sort of way.

Agree re: media. The prepared, cookie cutter news cycle is boring at the best of times, but when there is a clear personal agenda driving it and the venom is apparent, it?s a real problem for the industry as a whole. It?s malicious. It?s poor content. The ones I?ve seen, the critiques have been crap. Thousands of things to have a crack at and they rely on the stories that get prescribed onto people regardless of what?s actually happening.

Good on Bains for sticking up for him.
    Yeah, I agree and all but a couple of weeks ago Luke Darcy basically said Kane Cornes had no friends etc so his media mates came for Darcy and the club, then we lost to Essendon and even those who have been 'kinda' supportive of our 2024 hopes (in particular David King) were forced to be critical...

Until there is a resolution on the JUH, English and Smith contracts AND the senior side puts together a good 6-8 weeks we are one poor result away from being a news story...I WISH it wasn't so but it is.

Hawthorn and North had no expectations so they are 'SAFE'.
    Essendon are playing better and Scott's in his second year.
    Richmond have a first year coach and have won 3 flags inside the last 10-years.
    St Kilda have a second year coach who took them to the finals in their first.
    Melbourne are under pressure due to 'culture' (aka drug issues) but until last week had been winning.
    Geelong are undefeated.
    Collingwood won the bloody thing last year.
    Carlton made a prelim last year and are winning. Fortuitously but winning nonetheless.

West Coast are foul but they are in Perth and no-one in the Melbourne media really cares about the interstate sides anyway.

It's gonna be US until we make it not us.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.