Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  205
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saints V Bulldogs - Round 6, 18/4/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

It was strange last night. I don't think we were at our manic best, tackle count shows we're up big so just maybe the way I viewed it?

The game just seemed easy, we ran with the ball at will, we hit players around the ground and forward targets with ease. Very odd considering the opposition is usually so well drilled around the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It was strange last night. I don't think we were at our manic best, tackle count shows we're up big so just maybe the way I viewed it?

The game just seemed easy, we ran with the ball at will, we hit players around the ground and forward targets with ease. Very odd considering the opposition is usually so well drilled around the ground.
    St Kilda were traffic cones, I wasn't expecting them to field a bag of potatoes last night.

Good win, tempered by that fact. A bit like the game we beat Brisbane last year, people yahoo afterwards and felt relieved after a poor start, but they were so terrible I couldn't feel any real confidence coming out of it.

This win was better and we were better performed though, so take them when they come.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

What was/were the key factor/s last night? 1. We kicked straight. 2. Our field kicking was vastly improved - we hit targets, we kicked to a team mates advantage even if we didn't hit him lace out. 3. English gave a good competition in the ruck and was handy around the ground too. 4. Lobb competed hard and was bringing the ball to ground as well as narking. 5. We got a lot of drive from half backs Dale and JJ. 6. Jones and Buku intercepted well. Infact the entire defence was tight. 7. Richards was very good in the midfield. 8. Treloar and Macrae gave us a lot of drive from the stoppages. 9. Cody was on fire early. 10. Garcia and West really gave a contest in and under.

To sum up: we had a lot od shoulders to the wheel. EVERYONE PLAYED THEIR PART. Well done Dogs.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes bornadog, Scorlibo, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going against the trend here.

I'm not convinced that we played better last night, than we did in the first half last week. The difference was:
    - we kicked straight. Last night at half time 4.3 to 12.4...last week 6.6 to 8.2.
    - saints were utter shite with their pressure, skills, decision making... everything basically.

The end to the Essendon game was unacceptable...but as we showed with the saints last night, you only have to be a little bit off to get torched

6. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I'm not convinced that we played better last night, than we did in the first half last week. The difference was:
    - we kicked straight. Last night at half time 4.3 to 12.4...last week 6.6 to 8.2.
    - saints were utter shite with their pressure, skills, decision making... everything basically.

The end to the Essendon game was unacceptable...but as we showed with the saints last night, you only have to be a little bit off to get torched
    I don’t fully disagree with this. The effort in the second half was unacceptable but we completely cooked them in the first half and were only losing at half time because they got a free kick actually every time they went inside 50.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Excuses are basically unacceptable in the AFL however, we got the Saints last night on the back of being their 3rd game in just 11 days, that had to have some affect on them? At times it did look too easy especially against a Ross Lyon coached team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Excuses are basically unacceptable in the AFL however, we got the Saints last night on the back of being their 3rd game in just 11 days, that had to have some affect on them? At times it did look too easy especially against a Ross Lyon coached team.
    It was our third in 12, wasn't it?

To me their five day break was the big issue, it's not enough to recover and prepare again, and should only really be something that occurs when teams get given marquee games like ANZAC Day.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

bombers got us on the 3rd game in 12 days do we get the same out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2Koly View Post
    bombers got us on the 3rd game in 12 days do we get the same out?
    I mean we blew them away in the 1st quarter. It's not like it was a 2nd half demolition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was our third in 12, wasn't it?

To me their five day break was the big issue, it's not enough to recover and prepare again, and should only really be something that occurs when teams get given marquee games like ANZAC Day.
    You're probably right and i didn't realize we did the 3 in 12, but it was mentioned with the Saints and put to Ross during his presser, but yes the scheduling sometimes is a bit off.

Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right and i didn't realize we did the 3 in 12, but it was mentioned with the Saints and put to Ross during his presser, but yes the scheduling sometimes is a bit off.
    It's fine, we don't get any excuses given to us because our list is absolutely stacked and we should have won ten premierships in the last nine years.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes bornadog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes me laugh. They had only played two games in 11 days until this actual game so the third game hadn’t been played yet , they were also blown out of the water in the first half and Improved in the last qtr, would have thought they would have got worse as the game went on if fatigue was a factor.
    Fact is they had a shocker like we did last week.
    It happens.
    Bring back the biff