Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 6 vs StKilda 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    1. We are so Jekyll & Hyde atm can?t be convinced we make top 8 yet.
    2. Need to put Richards more in the midfield rotations every week.
    3. Dureya at 33 looks far from cooked at this point.
    Duryea is very much under rated. He is certainly the leader down back and he is always at Khamis with encouragement and advise.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    *what we are capable of and should be consistently;
    * we can move the ball off half back like a laser to a leading fwd who kicks straight;
    *Treloar is so professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm disappointed you didn't quote me.
    Nets
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I?m interested in some peoples constant calls for Clarke. From what I?ve seen of him this year, he seems to have improved his fitness and game involvement, but still seems a bit off AFL level especially if we want him to play a high half forward role which I don?t think he?s suited for at this point. I?m just not sure who he comes in for.
    I've watched the vfl this year and he still seems a way off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Ritchie Smith (Min Woo Lee?s coach) has been helping with Freo?s goal kicking for a few years.
    Imagine coming across a golf group with English and Lobb in it, two giraffes.
    At Box Hil GC I crossed fairways with Rocket, Aker and Mattie Boyd. Great blokes on a golf course.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are a better team with Garcia in it, maybe Harmes too

2. Dropping players out of form and promoting players in form isn't a bad policy

3. West is rapidly becoming a very, very good HFF
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ed Richards is heir apparent to the Bont - a tallish, big bodied midfielder who can use the ball well and is quick

2. When we play players in natural positions they perform (looking at you Jacko and Dale)

3. It's not jsut a matter of being quick, you also need to be smart and use the ball well - Garcia and West have this in spades

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good was West's flat kick into space in the third where Naughton got a slight block and some distance on his opponent.

It was another sign that West is actually a thinking footballer.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes Dry Rot, macca, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good was West's flat kick into space in the third where Naughton got a slight block and some distance on his opponent.

Yeah that was unreal. It was so clean that it was also the exact moment that the commentary decided to stop talking up St Kilda and start calling the game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes jeemak, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah that was unreal. It was so clean that it was also the exact moment that the commentary decided to stop talking up St Kilda and start calling the game.
    It took them a lot of convincing on the night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. It was sublime. But wasn't it also great to see Naughton actually leadning and also leading in good patterns against the Saints. Rather than just asking for it to be kicked long.

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Im watching the replay now and even when Dale kicked his goal they special comments was how bad saints defending of the mark was… not the fact Dale played on from 60 and drilled a goal on the run from 50 which didn’t look like missing. I was up that end behind the goals… it was a glorious goal which was reminiscent of his 2021 & 2022 season.

Im not gonna lie, every time the say Daisy and the Dale ‘fckn’ Thomas speaks I die a little inside as I forget it’s him and not Daisy Pearce.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Im watching the replay now and even when Dale kicked his goal they special comments was how bad saints defending of the mark was… not the fact Dale played on from 60 and drilled a goal on the run from 50 which didn’t look like missing. I was up that end behind the goals… it was a glorious goal which was reminiscent of his 2021 & 2022 season.

Im not gonna lie, every time the say Daisy and the Dale ‘fckn’ Thomas speaks I die a little inside as I forget it’s him and not Daisy Pearce.
    I actually really like Daisyman, he does this novel thing where he tries to talk about the game and why things are happening in it. Much prefer him that Joel Selwood tripping over his words and getting a free kick for it somehow.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog Joe, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I actually don't mind Dale Thomas as an analyst. Thought he handled BT's loaded question about the Marra/Lobb selection dilemma with a bit of class, despite BT's cringeworthy efforts to put words in his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Everyone on the board who said Richards can only play back has gone very quiet.

2. A kick up the backside can still be an effective coaching technique to get a player back into form.

3. JJ, Doc and Jones are great experience in the back line.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

1 Teams are so even that all it takes is a handful of players to be off 0.1% to lose.

2. If you play a team that has been in the media spotlight all week, you had better bring a finals like intensity or you will lose.

3. Playing 300 games for Port Adelaide doesn't not stop you from being a brain dead moron. The SA fire department dodged a bullet.
    Footscray member since 1980.