Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

View Poll Results: Tonight, I care about...

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • How we play (gamestyle)

8 26.67%
  • My perception of the effort the players are putting in (easy goals, missed tackles etc).

16 53.33%
  • What positions the players play in.

2 6.67%
  • What the outcome is.

11 36.67%
  • Something else??? Please specify!!

1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tonight I care about...

Im hoping to see Garcia/West given time in at centre bounces.

Other than that a win would be bloody nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Outcome - I can’t see us winning if we don’t bring the effort & urgency at the contest that’s been missing lately, so outcome covers it.

Will take note the use of our bigs - wondering if Lobb will play a lot of ruck tonight…..
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Game-style for me.

With the amount of crap we've copped this week, I have no doubt the players will come out and scrap. Even if they aren't in for Bevo; Bont, Naughton, Jones and co. are far too proud as individuals to lay down and cop it.

I want to see our 'brand' on show. The Gold Coast game felt on our terms, nothing else has this year. I want to see that all the pre-season work and the time our coaches spend trying to embed strategy actually gets through to this group. Ross Lyon and St Kilda are probably the perfect side to test it out against in the regard.

If effort isn't there this week, you might as well close the doors, but if we're actually going to do something this year it needs to extend past that into a style of footy that looks like 'us'.

Post Thanks / Like

Effort has to be there. If we lose and there is effort then we are just shit and that's OK.

Legit if we bring the effort though we won't lose because we are a better side and I still believe that.

We can win and still be shit though but if we win well then maybe there is still a flicker.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Effort and outcome.

Outcome just to give the relentless media coverage off our back. Any other team doesn?t get this level of scrutiny. I see some other BS report that we may be in danger of losing Bont. Another crap article based on one person?s disillusioned opinion. But all this does have a psychological impact on all involved at the club (players, coaches, management, supporter) whether there is any base to it or not. The media obviously want to drive Bevo out and are doing their utmost to do so by perceiving there is disharmony within our 4 walls.

Whilst one win won?t stop this it does deflect it for another week. So hopefully we come out all guns blazing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Effort and outcome.

Outcome just to give the relentless media coverage off our back. Any other team doesn?t get this level of scrutiny. I see some other BS report that we may be in danger of losing Bont. Another crap article based on one person?s disillusioned opinion. But all this does have a psychological impact on all involved at the club (players, coaches, management, supporter) whether there is any base to it or not. The media obviously want to drive Bevo out and are doing their utmost to do so by perceiving there is disharmony within our 4 walls.

Whilst one win won?t stop this it does deflect it for another week. So hopefully we come out all guns blazing
    Where's the Bont report coming from?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Where's the Bont report coming from?
    Will Faulkner from Fox sports. Never heard of him. Irrelevant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Will Faulkner from Fox sports. Never heard of him. Irrelevant
    It's not Falukner. He is a jurno who transcribed a mid week fox TV show, of other herald sun jurno's.

As brought to light by Herald Sun journalist Scott Gullan on Fox Footy?s Midweek Tackle, the Bulldogs captain has been ?sitting back? on the idea of re-signing with the club beyond 2025.

?I feel like we tiptoed around the status of the captain, Marcus Bontempelli ? he hasn?t been a big talking point so far, where do you think he stands in the clubs melee?? asked Midweek Tackle host and fellow Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark.

video link below

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tha...3fc34027507161
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks jeemak, whythelongface thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine we prioritised signing Bontempelli over Smith, JUH and English this year. The media would go completely apeshit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I could have selected a couple of options there but effort is the main one and typically that takes care of a few other things.
    Go Dogs
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Get the result. Good teams just find a way to win.

Four points. That?s what we need above anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Honestly all I care about is a win. Nothing else matters.

I don't care how; I don't care who - just win.
    I could not have said it better, definitely a line in the sand game.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I could have selected a couple of options there but effort is the main one and typically that takes care of a few other things.
    Go Dogs
    Well, lucky for you I configured the poll so you could choose multiple options!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Thanks bulldogfan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty fascinated by the comments so far.

Some people in the "I don't care how it looks, just win" camp. Others in the "just pass the eye test, results be damned" group.

I have to admit, I'm in the "just play better" group...playing "better" is something to work on and you can aspire to something...winning is an outcome of a number of things (one of which MIGHT be playing "better").

The club is certainly in the gun in the press right now. I suspect unless they win AND play well then that wont change in the coming weeks. They can smell blood and they're going to try and spill it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Winning breeds confidence. You need to start spinning the fly wheel as slow as that is. Create some momentum.