Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

If games only went for 25mins, would Cody Weightman be the best small forward of all time???

What is it with Weightman and first q goals. Well, first half goals, but first q in particular.

#1 - What a weapon - out of the gates, causing havoc.
    #2 - What a flop...is there any point in him running out for the 2nd half?

Something is very right and very wrong with his game right now.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If games only went for 25mins, would Cody Weightman be the best small forward of all time???

Teams lock down and it opens up opportunity for the other forwards?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If games only went for 25mins, would Cody Weightman be the best small forward of all time???

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Teams lock down and it opens up opportunity for the other forwards?
    So - the hypothesis is that in the first quarter they don't know who he is...but then he kicks a couple and they have a chat along the following lines:

Coach: "Anyone playing on that blonde kid down there...not sure what number he is?"
    Player: "I had him for a bit...hasn't had much impact though..."
    Coach: "OK. Pretty sure he's number 3. That's how many goals he has as well."
    Player: "Really? Wow. Didn't realise. I'll get on it!!".

The oppo know who he is. I refuse to accept they just don't pay attention until 'later' in the game...This has got to be Cody related.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I think like a lot of our players he's still immature and needs to develop consistency in his concentration and effort.

But to Comrade's post, if defenders are slightly off a talent like Cody can rip them apart in minutes. Irrespective of the best laid plans.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He definitely needs to work on staying involved for the entire game, but there probably isn't a more difficult position to do that than small forward. Still, 3 possessions after quarter time and only 1 in the second half isn't good enough considering we had enough of the ball going inside 50.

On the bright side though he certainly made the most of his opportunities early and that's the main thing for a small forward where it can be feast or famine.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think like a lot of our players he's still immature and needs to develop consistency in his concentration and effort.

But to Comrade's post, if defenders are slightly off a talent like Cody can rip them apart in minutes. Irrespective of the best laid plans.
    Stocker had a complete brain fart in the first quarter when Cody marked in miles of space, he wasn't going to make that mistake twice.