Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  87
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dockers V Bulldogs - Round 7, 27/4/24 Optus Stadium, Perth 7:30PM AEST

We missed Libba tonight. We will get the clearance stat back for us. Hopefully Jamarra will be ready to go next week.

As I mentioned before very impressed with how Darcy has gone. I don't think we should be too hard on Gallagher still young and early in his career and also got rising star nomination. The experience will do him good.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Treacy. Who?????

Takes 5 contested marks. The most he has ever taken in a game. Next best on the ground had 2. He killed us. Three goals and big marks that mattered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We probably didn't expect Darcy to be this good this early. We've been on the same page with this but we would have been better getting Grundy and making Tim play forward/second ruck.

But it does make you wonder why we haven't actually put Naughton back. Jones is almost superhuman but FFS get the guy some help.

We're really caught between a rock and a hard place with this list now. Do we back Bevo in to rebuild/refresh with instruction to really shake up the list, or so we go for a new coach who probably then doesn't make any significant list changes?

I'm not sure what the answer is but the club needs to get it right otherwise we're royally screwed with Tasmania fast approaching.
    Agreed with all the above. Naughton works his ass off but it is a crowded space in F50 with a combination of 2 of Darcy/Marra/Lobb/English up there at any given time.

Bevo cops a lot of criticism, some of it quite fair. But man this group of players is so hard to love.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Agreed with all the above. Naughton works his ass off but it is a crowded space in F50 with a combination of 2 of Darcy/Marra/Lobb/English up there at any given time.

Bevo cops a lot of criticism, some of it quite fair. But man this group of players is so hard to love.
    I want this group turned over. I can’t love them. Time and time again…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine actually following a team when the game was in the balance late and you actually trusted them to fight it out. That would be good wouldn't it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    How do you explain Geelong's permant position at the top of the ladder?

Current coaches. Winning %.

Scott 69%

Daylight

Clarkson 57%
    Lyon 57%
    Longmire 63%
    Hardwick 56%
    Hinkley 59%
    B. Scott 50%
    Simpson 52%
    Bevo 56%
    Fagan 56%
    Goodwin 58%
    Like I said he is a very good coach. That we agree on. But he is not a genius. Two flags in 13 years with lists that good is not what I consider successful. Sure he is good at H&A but the continued hype praised on Scott after a loss from our team is completely over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Bevo is a master motivator/culture guy. Loves the players. Players love him.

It’s his group. The character of the team is a reflection of his coaching.

He should have been sacked ages ago.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

On a completely unrelated topic but does Burgoyne sound like Terry Wallace. Everytime he speaks I need to do a double take.

10. Likes SonofScray, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nat Fyfe will be 33 when finals roll around and the last time he touched it 37 times was five mother loving years ago.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You guys are crazy. Freo are good.

Kick straight in q3 and it?s a different story.

I get the frustration but don?t get the criticism.
    Agree that we could have won, and Freo are okay (they did get belted by West Coast last week so they're not that great), but it's the same old story of losing the close battles, every time. If we don't blow teams away we don't seem to know how to win.

Three minutes to go and we're a goal down, time to take some risks and bust a gut to provide options but instead we see players running the ball out of bounds...

We're a decent team this year but I feel like psychologically we're the equivalent of a rebuilding side, and need to win a few close ones to gain some belief.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Like I said he is a very good coach. That we agree on. But he is not a genius. Two flags in 13 years with lists that good is not what I consider successful. Sure he is good at H&A but the continued hype praised on Scott after a loss from our team is completely over the top.
    It might not just be him.

But Geelong have not bottomed out once. They keep reinveting the list and have the ability to continously compete at the pointy end. They made the prelim in 2004. I think they have missed the finals like three times in the last 20 years.

Four flags. 13 top four finishes. It is absolutely incredible.

Scott Era. 13 seasons. Two flags. Eight top four finishes. He finishes top four 62% of the time. Only missed the finals twice.

Geelong almost finishes top four in two out of every three seasons in the Scott era. Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Bevo is a master motivator/culture guy. Loves the players. Players love him.

It’s his group. The character of the team is a reflection of his coaching.

He should have been sacked ages ago.
    You're probably right, and the time to do it was last year. But these players really rub me up the wrong way and have done since the 20 minute mark of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF.

Bevo has tried to change the game plan and personnel in 2024 - games like tonight are more of a reflection on the players for mine.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Agree that we could have won, and Freo are okay (they did get belted by West Coast last week so they're not that great), but it's the same old story of losing the close battles, every time. If we don't blow teams away we don't seem to know how to win.

Three minutes to go and we're a goal down, time to take some risks and bust a gut to provide options but instead we see players running the ball out of bounds...

We're a decent team this year but I feel like psychologically we're the equivalent of a rebuilding side, and need to win a few close ones to gain some belief.
    Agree, use the ****ing corridor, and take some risks. The game was there to be won.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the highlights. Khamis horrific defending cost us two goals in the first quarter. In the second quarter he cost us another. when his opponent gets off the leash. In the third quarter he concedes another two goals from horrific defending. In the last quarter he concedes another goal when he doesn't even compete with his player on the lead.

Khamis goals conceded

Q1 - 2
    Q2 - 1
    Q3 - 2
    Q4 -1

Total 6

Even playing Gardner you don't concede four of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Even playing Gardner you don't concede four of those.
    Not so sure on that. Competes better 1-1 but the opposition want the ball in his hands.