Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  35
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Ha! Saw that and thought the same. “How’s Dunks liking this? Essendon are playing well.”
    Omg if Essendon make finals and win one we won’t here the end of it for 20 years , I think I will follow the storm when that happens.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Omg if Essendon make finals and win one we won’t here the end of it for 20 years , I think I will follow the storm when that happens.
    Bombers to finish fourth, play GWS in the first final, get spanked, then play us the week after and get pantsed at the MCG with weightman kicking 7. 5 from free kicks.

Straight sets, let the streak continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Dunkley will probably request a trade. Again.
    I guess that depends on where his friend's cousin's barista has moved to.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes Sedat, bulldogsthru&thru, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Ha! Saw that and thought the same. ?How?s Dunks liking this? Essendon are playing well.?
    Dunks is a good player. But if he was influenced to leave because he was spending time at half-forward and moments in the ruck, well...welcome to the new normal. Patrick Cripps did some ruck work for Carlton last week and he's a lot more critical to the blues than Dunks was to us (or is to Brisbane).

I still like to think his reasons were honorable (cold, hard cash!!!) but you never know.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

6. Likes Sedat, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Dunks is a good player. But if he was influenced to leave because he was spending time at half-forward and moments in the ruck, well...welcome to the new normal. Patrick Cripps did some ruck work for Carlton last week and he's a lot more critical to the blues than Dunks was to us (or is to Brisbane).

I still like to think his reasons were honorable (cold, hard cash!!!) but you never know.
    Cash for sure - in my opinion
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Stringer, never change.

Nails a goal 50m out on the boundary in the first quarter… a seriously seriously good goal….

30m out pretty much directly in front and misses to the near side…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Our loss to Essendon probably needs to be reanalysed, in light of the fact that they only had one mulligan all season to date (against Port) and have been highly competitive in every other match this season. What they did to hold firm against Collingwood's onslaught 5 mins before half time, and then honestly be the better team for most of the 2nd half, was impressive.

We were definitely crap on that Friday night but perhaps not as crap as we all thought straight after.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Our loss to Essendon probably needs to be reanalysed, in light of the fact that they only had one mulligan all season to date (against Port) and have been highly competitive in every other match this season. What they did to hold firm against Collingwood's onslaught 5 mins before half time, and then honestly be the better team for most of the 2nd half, was impressive.

We were definitely crap on that Friday night but perhaps not as crap as we all thought straight after.
    For me it was less about the performance and more about that we lost to Essendon which is the worst loss we can have from a moral standpoint and it makes me the most sad. If we can't be genuinely good we have to at least beat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop being rationale.

Post Thanks / Like

I think expected score has us beating Essendon and Geelong and sitting in 4th place going into this week.

It has us above Geelong who would have lost to us and Adelaide had things gone 'as per the probabilities'...As they say, good teams kick goals.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think expected score has us beating Essendon and Geelong and sitting in 4th place going into this week.

It has us above Geelong who would have lost to us and Adelaide had things gone 'as per the probabilities'...As they say, good teams kick goals.
    You know it does.

It also has Weightmans goal kicking as a over average and VDM and JUH as well below average.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I guess that depends on where his friend's cousin's barista has moved to.
    Don't forget his friend's cousin's barista's family, and where they're located. They've been a wonderful support to him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

They also kicked 15.6 that night. They kicked them from everythwhere. Straight kicking and some dubious umpiring kept them in the game early. We also had a couple of chances to put some serious scoreboard pressure on them and failed due to our own innacuracy or some terrible decisions going inside 50m.

They blew us away late, which was the dissapointing thing.

16. Likes mjp, merantau, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow these two teams are bad, how is Port in the 8?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The out and out butt kissing of Ross Lyon on the broadcast (both Fox and ch7) has been nauseating.

Some of Sweet's follow up work has been pretty good tonight. With the help of Dixon they've been able to work a wounded Marshall over a little bit.
    Last edited by jeemak; 27-04-2024 at 01:26 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.