Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  51

View Poll Results: Are you pro or anti the Bevolution

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro the Bevolution

    26 86.67%
  • Anti the Bevolution

    4 13.33%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Here we are 10 rounds in and we are 5 wins and 5 losses. So much conjecture has happened about Luke Beveridge this year.

    The talk has been about 'evolution' this year. Bevo has alluded to it when under pressure from the media for poor results. Our President has as well.

    We have seen inexperienced players such as; Sanders, Gallagher, Darcy, Freijah, Garcia, Cleary, Khamis, O'Donnell get games ahead of Macrae, Daniel, Keath, Gardner, Dale and Lobb.

    We have seen moves such as Richards to the midfield when most of us would have preferred him at half back. Then we have seen Bevo stuck with Vanders, West and recently Garcia as small forwards despite the obvious fact they are not natural small forwards. It is not Bevo's fault we haven't recruited small/medium forwards. Or is it?

    Given our results of 22/23 what were we to do? Do we continue playing our regulars who failed to get us to finals or find new players and make a change?

    So, how do you sit? Are you pro the Bevolution or anti the Bevolution?
    Last edited by The Doctor; 19-05-2024 at 06:18 PM.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

  2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Sanders, Gallagher, Darcy, Freijah, Garcia, Cleary, Khamis, O'Donnell
    I like to get more games into Cleary, Busslinger, Arty, Clarke and Poulter

    I am not convinced Khamis is going to be a good 1-1 defender. McNeil can't kick straight. Not sure what to do with Scott other than depth. Either we play him more and on the wing, but there are a few players ahead of him.


    We need to start playing some of these kids to see where they are or move them on.

    Almost halfway through the season, with 14 games left. We need to win at least 12 games in total to stay in the 8. So that is 7/14 , but realistic, would need at least 15 wins to be top 4 chance.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Keep it going. Starting with Buss this week. And Sanders back ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I like to get more games into Cleary, Busslinger, Arty, Clarke and Poulter

    I am not convinced Khamis is going to be a good 1-1 defender. McNeil can't kick straight. Not sure what to do with Scott other than depth. Either we play him more and on the wing, but there are a few players ahead of him.


    We need to start playing some of these kids to see where they are or move them on.

    Almost halfway through the season, with 14 games left. We need to win at least 12 games in total to stay in the 8. So that is 7/14 , but realistic, would need at least 15 wins to be top 4 chance.
    12 games won't make finals.

    13 to make finals which requires 8 from 13 or 15 for any chance of top 4 needs 10 of 13.

    We just need to build momentum, but giving games to the younger brigade really makes it hard to make finals.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Time for change.

    Gia or Hansen at the top of my list.

    He's had a good run Bevo.

    However I'd wait till the end of the year. This year is a 10-14 year.

    And i reserve the right to change my mind as I'm laid up with covid.

    Edit: To answer the OP properly i'll all for playing the kids and tanking this season for the next coach to come in with a high draft pick. Wait. Oh, yeah for Baz.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 19-05-2024 at 06:36 PM.

  7. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    5,979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Time for change. Let him see the year and let’s hope he goes easily (which he probably won’t)
    The players need to be rejuvenated by a game plan that has more than plan A.
    I like Hansen and think he could be the guy.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    5,979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Time for change.

    Gia or Hansen at the top of my list.

    He's had a good run Bevo.

    However I'd wait till the end of the year. This year is a 10-14 year.

    And i reserve the right to change my mind as I'm laid up with covid.
    Feel better soon. I had it 3 weeks ago…not good
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Time for change.

    Gia or Hansen at the top of my list.

    He's had a good run Bevo.

    However I'd wait till the end of the year. This year is a 10-14 year.

    And i reserve the right to change my mind as I'm laid up with covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Time for change. Let him see the year and let’s hope he goes easily (which he probably won’t)
    The players need to be rejuvenated by a game plan that has more than plan A.
    I like Hansen and think he could be the guy.
    The post is about changing up our players not a coaching change.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Feel better soon. I had it 3 weeks ago…not good
    Cheers DG. First time for me unbelievably.

    It is fkn awful. Never knew a human body could sweat so much.

    Get your boosters folks, i was blase.

    Yes my whole post was just about getting sympathy... Because.. Well.. I'm a man, and isolation sucks!

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The post is about changing up our players not a coaching change.
    Oh, it says Bevolution.

    Yes to players. (where was my get well? Youre on the list) Loving the kids.

    Moderators can you change my vote to a yes please.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Time for change.

    Gia or Hansen at the top of my list.

    He's had a good run Bevo.

    However I'd wait till the end of the year. This year is a 10-14 year.

    And i reserve the right to change my mind as I'm laid up with covid.
    Hope it's not too serious a case, and you get well soon.

    Lots of it going around right now. I was staggered to be only one of three people wearing a mask on MEL-SYD-MEL flights last week. Everyone I know who has travelled the past month or two has either gotten a rotten virus or COVID as a result of flying, and given I had been ill a few times these past months I figured I wouldn't risk it.

    Anyway, to the topic at hand. He's earned the right to try and turn it around if the club has agreed we need to reset prior to going again, which I think it has.

    Whether that's right, I don't know, but if we are going to back him we have to do it wholeheartedly. I guess we also need to be working on a contingency if things don't look like improving as the season progresses.

    But part of the deal is we have to keep introducing players and getting experience into those we think might be ready to develop their craft at the senior level. We need to figure out if Bedendo can play, and Busslinger needs blooding. It won't be a good look if we leave Sanders in the twos for much longer. There needs to be change and if that's not at the coaching level then it has to be in the playing group.
    Last edited by jeemak; 19-05-2024 at 07:12 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

  14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hope it's not too serious a case, and you get well soon.

    Lots of it going around right now. I was staggered to be only one of three people wearing a mask on MEL-SYD-MEL flights last week. Everyone I know who has travelled the past month or two has either gotten a rotten virus or COVID as a result of flying, and given I had been ill a few times these past months I figured I wouldn't risk it.

    Anyway, to the topic at hand. He's earned the right to try and turn it around if the club has agreed we need to reset prior to going again, which I think it has.

    Whether that's right, I don't know, but if we are going to back him we have to do it wholeheartedly. I guess we also need to be working on a contingency if things don't look like improving as the season progresses.
    Thanks Jee. Was a bit dicey the last two nights almost went the ED but temp down and sats normal.

    Feeling semi normal again.

    Apologies Doc i wont hijack your thread anymore.

    Send flowers to GG care of GVGjrs tent.

    And yes we are pretending its gone.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Cheers DG. First time for me unbelievably.

    It is fkn awful. Never knew a human body could sweat so much.

    Get your boosters folks, i was blase.

    Yes my whole post was just about getting sympathy... Because.. Well.. I'm a man, and isolation sucks!
    Get well mate.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  18. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    8,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Glad to hear you're now on the mend GG, that sounded nasty.

  19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    62,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Bevolution. Are you yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thanks Jee. Was a bit dicey the last two nights almost went the ED but temp down and sats normal.

    Feeling semi normal again.

    Apologies Doc i wont hijack your thread anymore.

    Send flowers to GG care of GVGjrs tent.

    And yes we are pretending its gone.
    Hope all is well
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •