Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Percentage

Post Thanks / Like

Percentage

Is it just me or is anyone else a bit ah whatever about how much we win by, I didn't seem to care tonight at the game after I worked out that we had the game wrapped up. The 3rd quarter was fantastic to watch but after that I was a bit indifferent. We have a 2 point buffer from everyone below us and that won't change unless Richmond challenges for our spot or there is another draw. Does percentage mean anything or are big wins like tonight just used as incentive for next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Percentage

I love seeing big wins because we have never been a big winning margin side...

I dont like seeing us sitting inside the 8 with a % between 95 and 99 while everyone else is 102-130..

So bring on more beltings and keep that % up for as long as we can

Post Thanks / Like

Draw has made it less likely to be important but i want as big a win a possible each weak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else a bit ah whatever about how much we win by, I didn't seem to care tonight at the game after I worked out that we had the game wrapped up. The 3rd quarter was fantastic to watch but after that I was a bit indifferent. We have a 2 point buffer from everyone below us and that won't change unless Richmond challenges for our spot or there is another draw. Does percentage mean anything or are big wins like tonight just used as incentive for next week?
    Or worse still, we notch up another draw to bring us back to the pack.

A healthy percentage is a good insurance policy.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still worried about our percentage because of the confidence it can bring the players.
    After the 3rd qtr I just wanted to make sure we won by at least 60 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Given that there are so few draws in AFL footy it has almost made the concept of percentage meaningless this season. We'll either be 2 points ahead or below some other team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Or worse still, we notch up another draw to bring us back to the pack.

A healthy percentage is a good insurance policy.
    Very good point, I still keep cheering for goals in the last.

Post Thanks / Like

Draw by our closest rival below us, Sydney, makes percentage important again.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney and North you would think will both be in the finals so yes percentage is very important again.

Mind you we should have no troubles beating the Swans for percentage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Sydney and North you would think will both be in the finals so yes percentage is very important again.

Mind you we should have no troubles beating the Swans for percentage.
    The Swans are typically the best team when it comes to percentage because they play low scoring football, we will have lots of trouble beating the Swans for percentage if it comes down to that

The dome on a Sunday is cursed now, Bombers and Port to draw next week.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I think that percentage is important even when it does not effect the ladder. if our percentage is good, not only does it mean we are winning, it means we are winning by alot and that is graet for a tems confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I stand corrected. Today's result puts the Roos and the Swans in the mix with us. Bring on big wins!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Geez I stand corrected. Today's result puts the Roos and the Swans in the mix with us. Bring on big wins!
    Yep, said the same thing just 40 mins ago when the delayed game finished down here.

Post Thanks / Like

Our percentage only counts now with teams with a draw - Swans, North & Richmond.

We are on top of those teams with a handy buffer, both in percentage and points.

The Swans are close to us, but not a side that really blows sides away, so i wouldn't think their percentage will get that high.

Hawthorns percentage is virtually the same as ours, Geelongs is healthier, but both don't bother us with points won.

AFTER ROUND 6

3 - BULLDOGS - 139.10 - 22
    5 - SYDNEY - 124.35 - 14
    6 - NORTH - 104.48 - 14
    10 - RICHMOND - 99.53 - 10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Our percentage only counts now with teams with a draw - Swans, North & Richmond.

We are on top of those teams with a handy buffer, both in percentage and points.

The Swans are close to us, but not a side that really blows sides away, so i wouldn't think their percentage will get that high.

Hawthorns percentage is virtually the same as ours, Geelongs is healthier, but both don't bother us with points won.

AFTER ROUND 6

3 - BULLDOGS - 139.10 - 22
    5 - SYDNEY - 124.35 - 14
    6 - NORTH - 104.48 - 14
    10 - RICHMOND - 99.53 - 10
    The Swans are actually one club that can increase their percentage at a faster rate than anyone else because they restrict the scoring of their opponenets so much. They get a similar uplift in percentage from a 50 point win that we would get from an 80 point win. We have an OK buffer at the moment, but Sydney could eat into this quickly if they consistently continue to restrict their opponents to less than 10 goals a game.