Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Murphy's Report - Are we worried?

I thought it was an old fashion shirt front, not much it in. Hope he gets a reprimand, but something tells me its going to be a week with early plee.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Murphy's Report - Are we worried?

Yeah i watched it a few times , kept elbow down and didnt leave ground, a year ago wouldnt have been a report but who knows, another reason for AFL to try and stop us.

Post Thanks / Like

His problem is his gone past the ball.

As Ledge said, a couple of years ago it was just a free kick, this year, who knows.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Gone. 1 week max hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought that he would have a 5 year clean record. so gets discount for that and guilty plea, he may get away with a reprimand.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

personally I do not thin that there was much in it, should be just a reprimand IMO, but knowing the tribunal he will probobly get suspended, which is a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing in it but id the Port guy got weeks than Murphy will get 2 and maybe be reduced to 1 for a guilty plea.

Post Thanks / Like

The blood nose and Ellis heading off the ground hurts from an impact perspective, which seems to influence the AFL's penalties in these situations. He's in trouble, but he shouldn't be. Burgoyne getting 3 weeks was a joke, I was right with Mark Williams' ranting on the issue (he cracks me up)

Ellis actually contributed to the blow by turning at the last second to face the ball & Murph, if he continued in his original direction it would've been a standard hip & shoulder. I'm hoping the tribunal realises that and considers leniency.

Post Thanks / Like

Ran past the ball, hit him in the head, other player left field under blood rule....

They will class it as in play and intentional.

Gone. 3 weeks. 2 for his good record. Maybe this will change to 2 and 1, but I need to look at the points.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Ran past the ball, hit him in the head, other player left field under blood rule....

They will class it as in play and intentional.

Gone. 3 weeks. 2 for his good record. Maybe this will change to 2 and 1, but I need to look at the points.
    Hate to say it, but I think that's what we're looking at. Murph's good record will hopefully see the 2 to 1 option instead of 3 to 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think he'll go for 3 but with early guilty plea and good record..1, 2 at most

Post Thanks / Like

The Burton and Waters incidents from this weekend are worse. Might be more lenient on us.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Sunday Footy Show where they spent a bit of time discussing the three incidents.

Their concensus was:

Burton - in real trouble and will go for plenty
    Waters - might have a defense in that it wasn't front on and he didn't really deviate from his line at the ball but after the Burgoyne one he will most likely miss a couple.

Murphy - almost all said he'll get off. Ellis was upright rather than had his head over the ball which was the whole purpose of the rule in the first place.

There is no rule that says you have to play the ball. It is perfectly legal to shephard - it's even legal to run past the ball to shephard.

Murphy hardly lined him up from 10 metres away, he took about 1 step towards him.

Ellis contributed to the high contact by buckling at the knees just before impact.

High contact - free kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought it was an old fashion shirt front, not much it in. Hope he gets a reprimand, but something tells me its going to be a week with early plee.
    I tend to agree but it won't be an easy one to argue around. His record should speak volumes for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think he should get off. The conduct was not reckless, it was accidental (as far as hitting him high).

Who knows what the tribunal will do.