Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson

Post Thanks / Like

Hudson

How good was the big fella last night? Don't know his numbers against Cox but for mine he appeared to out-point him live. As TD made mention in his votes that hasn't happened to Cox for a while and to beat the premier big man in the competition is a real ace up his sleeve I reckon. Huddo is very competitive in both the centre bounces and throw ins, is strong in the air around the ground, is mobile (moved very well forward and back last night to help out), links up well with our mids and doesn't mind getting his knees dirty for the hard ball. I think he is a fabulous pick up and can't believe how good a player he is for the amount of games he has played. I think he has only played 60 odd games and started at the Crows at 27 years of age is this correct? He is not quite in the Scott Wynd class but I believe he's good for quite a few years yet. Does anyone know why he was such a late bloomer? We have been blessed with quality ruckmen over the years and with Will able to take spells on the ball to relieve Huddo good bye Peter Street.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 27-04-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hudson

He has been huge, just huge...

He has provided so much more than just a tap ruckman. He wins his own ball, his second efforts are amazing, he is as hard as they come and does his bit over the park.

Admittedly, Cox was on one leg, but Huddo has been awesome all year, not just last night.

Post Thanks / Like

unless i am wrong, he was old when he was drafted. i have a feeling he was in the coon draft

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ok. The record says last night was game 61. He hails from Mt. Gravatt (Qld) and then went to Werribee and then to Adelaide. How did we miss him at Werribee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah ok. The record says last night was game 61. He hails from Mt. Gravatt (Qld) and then went to Werribee and then to Adelaide. How did we miss him at Werribee?
    Think we wanted him the year he was drafted but Adelaide pinched him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Think we wanted him the year he was drafted but Adelaide pinched him
    Adelaide pinched nothing, he wasn't rated by Rhode and his gang. Pick 18? for Peter Street says enough.
    Those that watched Werribee around the time knew he was alright.

Post Thanks / Like

How did we miss him at Werribee?

Cause we had a s illy coach at the time.

You win some, you lose some, but hey in the end we got our man.

I also thought we should have got Dale Morris the year before we did, if i remember right we picked up Jimmy Condos instead. But its worked out very very well with Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a Western Suburbs boy originally, from Hoppers Crossing. Moved to Queensland as a teenager.

Post Thanks / Like

Hudson has been brilliant. Second and third efforts at the stoppages are fantastic. His big body helps the mids to clear the footy. Just love seeing the Number 15 being worn by a competitive player again. Hope you are reading this Sam Power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    He's a Western Suburbs boy originally, from Hoppers Crossing. Moved to Queensland as a teenager.
    Interesting, so he has come full-circle. Good for us and good for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Hudson has been brilliant. Second and third efforts at the stoppages are fantastic. His big body helps the mids to clear the footy. Just love seeing the Number 15 being worn by a competitive player again. Hope you are reading this Sam Power.
    Too right, I still miss the big fella.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that Streeter is playing the house down at Williamstown - do we still keep him in case Minson or Hudson get an injury? Also what about Skipper - we seem to struggle to find a position for him - too short for the ruck and not agile enough for FF. Still loved his game against the Saints in 2007.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    I hear that Streeter is playing the house down at Williamstown - do we still keep him in case Minson or Hudson get an injury? Also what about Skipper - we seem to struggle to find a position for him - too short for the ruck and not agile enough for FF. Still loved his game against the Saints in 2007.
    We have to keep Street in until we develop a YOUNG ruckman. Minson is Young, but we need to keep developing for the future. Some one around 20 years old, like Mulligan needs to be developed, but in the meantime we need a backup like Street.

Agree with your comments about Skipper, so not sure what the plans are for him. He may have to wait for an injury to another player before he gets a go.

Post Thanks / Like

I never realised how important a player Hudson is to the team, i knew he was solid at Adelaide, but not this good.

Alot of people were saying, he's just a plodder, nowhere in White's Cox's class, but what he brings to our structure is probably more important, for quite a long time, we are winning clearances, he doesn't just tap the ball and hang out the sides and wait for the midifled, he's straight back in there if the ball gets loose or goes to the oppositon.

He is grouse.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't reckon Street will be happy playing at Willy all this year and potentially all next year. Barring no injury and good form from Minson and Hudson, I reckon Street may think of nominating for the draft.