Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Herald Scum

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Herald Scum

I wouldn't be suprised if Eagleton makes way from someone else in a few weeks. Especially with Ray having spent a few at Willy.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the headline is a little harsh there 1ED.

No doubt the jouno in question was way off beam in his observation & apart from Damien Barrett's hatchet job a week or so back, I think the Herald Sun have been pretty good in their reporting of Bulldogs issues, particularly Mark Stevens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

No doubt the jouno in question was way off beam in his observation & apart from Damien Barrett's hatchet job a week or so back, I think the Herald Sun have been pretty good in their reporting of Bulldogs issues, particularly Mark Stevens.
    World's best job, gets to write articles about the team he passionately supports.

Post Thanks / Like

I to agree with the outdated and miss informed ratings. What do you expect when they probably only watch the TV.

let them go and keep writing up the Cats & Hawks, IMO I'd be quite happy to keep the Lid on it.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Fair enough if your a Herald reader TCD, I'm an Age reader, Mark Stevens I like as I stated in favourite journos thread. I'm not going to get into any lengthy diatribe regarding the pros and cons of the articles from each paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahn's having a super season and from what I've observed, most people have taken note of this. When reading upon our sudden improvement and good form this year, Hahn is consistently one of the names mentioned along with Murphy & Cooney. It's nice to see him recognized because he's been fantastic this season and will be a huge boost come Finals. We're a much better side with Hahn playing well.

It's odd however, that he didn't feature in the bests.

Nevertheless, if somebody asked who our three most improved players were then Cooney, Murphy & Hahn would win hands down. Adam's in contention for a Brownlow at this stage of the season, whilst Murphy has been brilliant and deadly. Hahn as mentioned above has added so much to our squad, it's a pleasure to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One error
    Correction 2 errors. Off the top of my head. How about the Deledio mark in the 3rd quarter.
    As I said fwd of the centre is where I prefer him to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Correction 2 errors. Off the top of my head. How about the Deledio mark in the 3rd quarter.
    As I said fwd of the centre is where I prefer him to be.
    I was actually talking about the Swans game. But hey, two errors in seven games bit harsh on him

I agree forward of centre is a better position for him, but I think he is playing well this season and doggies supporters are not acknowledging it. He has averaged over 20 disposals per game , with 26 on the week end, yet very few on this board gave him a vote.

Post Thanks / Like

He has averaged over 20 disposals per game , with 26 on the week end, yet very few on this board gave him a vote.
    There were alot of good players on the weekend. I gave him 1 then changed it and gave it to Callan. Guido did play very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Gia was magnificent on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually talking about the Swans game. But hey, two errors in seven games bit harsh on him

I agree forward of centre is a better position for him, but I think he is playing well this season and doggies supporters are not acknowledging it. He has averaged over 20 disposals per game , with 26 on the week end, yet very few on this board gave him a vote.
    He is playing well this season and deserves his spot in the team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Gia was magnificent on Sunday.
    Won us the game with his start to the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    He is playing well this season and deserves his spot in the team
    His spot in the team has never been in doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

No one said he isnt playing well, was just pointed out he is not good in the backline because he is more a ball carrier, attacker, reciever and goal kicker, he is not a defender.
    The errors he has made in the backline are not errors a true backman makes and dont look good.
    He looks out of his position when he plays there and gets caught out.
    Not questioning his efforts or whether he is playing well.
    Anyone who has been to the games have seen it.