Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geelong

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong

Geelong get pumped by Collingwood. The aura is breaking down that Geelong are a sure bet for the premiership, especially over the last month where they have won but look far from convincing. We could be on top of the ladder after this weekend and with Geelong's vulnerability all of a sudden it becomes anyones race.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geelong

Yip, good they lost, bad it was to Collingwood. We are going to hear nothing else all week, Collingwood going to win the Premiership blah blah...

Post Thanks / Like

Errr raincheck top of the ladder, the Hawks have the Demons this weekend.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    the Hawks have the Demons this weekend.
    Maybe another upset in the making especially after the Hawks President Kennett mentioning that Melbourne should relocate to Brisbane...can this inspire Melbourne to get up and win? Highly unlikely...but you just never know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Maybe another upset in the making especially after the Hawks President Kennett mentioning that Melbourne should relocate to Brisbane...can this inspire Melbourne to get up and win? Highly unlikely...but you just never know!
    I'm not too sure Alistair Clarkson would be too thrilled with his president giving the opposition ammunition a few day before they clash. I'd like to see the Hawks lose one in the next fortnight, prefer next week tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong are bored. They will be right come the business end. They have been up for 18months,losing a few and finishing 4th wouldnt hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Geelong are bored. They will be right come the business end. They have been up for 18months,losing a few and finishing 4th wouldnt hurt
    But 13 goals! That's a hiding and I don't think Geelong will be right at all. They are not playing as fluid a footy as what they did last year and they look to crack under pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

2nd loss in 29 games for Geelong..nothing to get worried about for them.

It had to happen somewhere, and it happened to be against a side they made look good.

Collingwood arent anywhere near top 4 material this year..remember they lost to Hawthorn by 70 odd points..let them win a few h&a games here n there, they wont do anything in the finals..they are the least-worrying side for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Thommo had a little smirk on his face last night, more a positive loss than a negative one, now he can go in and blast them and tell them they arent invincible, the loss they needed and he knew it.
    A big one to lose and a big loss, perfect for Thommo to get through to any big heads (Mooney?)
    Yes i agree even last night the commontators were on about Collingwood getting top 4, my god we win 8 and they still dont mention us.
    Dont think i want to read papers but i am sure if i look somewhere in the classifieds on Monday will be able to read how Nth lost on Sunday if we win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    2nd loss in 29 games for Geelong..nothing to get worried about for them.

It had to happen somewhere, and it happened to be against a side they made look good.

Collingwood arent anywhere near top 4 material this year..remember they lost to Hawthorn by 70 odd points..let them win a few h&a games here n there, they wont do anything in the finals..they are the least-worrying side for me.
    Not worried about Collingwood either, but 13 goals is bizarre. Maybe 2, 3 or 4 goals, but Geelong just bled and bled all night. First time I have seen that for a while. I did not see a smirk on Bombers face either. I reckon this has been more bad than good for Geelong. It has proved to everyone that they are not invincible, opposition teams who are genuine top 4 contenders will play Geelong with some confidence now. I know it's only one loss, but it's a bad one IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Missed the game last night as I was out having a few birthday drinks. When I heard that Collingwood had won (from a Collingwood supporting mate) I didn't believe it. My guess is that although Rocca and Cloke both had good games, Geelong really struggle to shut down the marking small forwards, and play makers like your Didaks, Davis' and Medhursts.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually attended last night (got to heckle 2 teams at once, fun stuff).

Good atmosphere, but one thing perplexed me... Geelong didn't seem to play with any natural instinct at all. So many time they could have run the ball up the flanks with man on play, and delived into F50. They ignored these opportunities & kicked the ball to contests in the corridor. Played around with it in defence whcih caused a number of turnovers.

Not saying Collingwood took the Hawk's gameplan on zoning, but they always had somebody in the middle of the ground to either defend or link on the rebound.

The Geelong aura has faded, as they played not so much poorly as they did without spirit. A loss is ok when the young blokes are attempting to win, but there was a lack of the "playing for each other" mantra that took them (and teams like Sydney) to deep finals action.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood-will destroy the value of this win by loosing to a crap team later in the year.

Geelong- missing Egan and Ottens. Problem is one won't be back any time soon. Will be better by the end of the year but aren't unbeatable. Wondering about Mooney and Hawkins.

Rach Guest

About time they lost. It was getting kind of boring with them winning all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Collingwood-will destroy the value of this win by loosing to a crap team later in the year.

Geelong- missing Egan and Ottens. Problem is one won't be back any time soon. Will be better by the end of the year but aren't unbeatable. Wondering about Mooney and Hawkins.
    Also played with no Chapman, hes been in good form..