Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shorty View Post
    That's weird. Exactly the same as B Belle -- Richo and Chad Cornes.
    Yes, out of all the players to choose from we pick the same ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Richo for me by so far it isnt funny, interesting to see how his popularity has grown with oposition supporters over the last few years, would have to be one of the most popular players outside of his own club i would have thought.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Brett Kirk - a brilliant leader, and a very courageous and unsung footballer who always gets his hands on it when it counts.

Richo - hard not to like him, I even completely excuse his occasional tantrum - if you'd had the delivery he has had, and played for the rabble that Richmond have been over 12+ years you'd be on the edge also

McLeod - just an awesome footballer, moves like a wildcat (leopard, jaguar), glides over the ground and always seems to have time and space

McLeod is the one for me. Just superb. Even when he is down, he can turn things around so quickly and inspire everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also got a wierd admiration for Tim Notting, even though he's really just Mitch Hahn in another jumper. Tough, uncompromising and a booming kick that could land anywhere. Maybe that explains it, the Mitch Hahn thing.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Richo!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    A hypothetical, if we drafted J Brown would he be our next captain? Carlton did it with Judd or does that just show a distinct lack of culture and leadership at Carlton?
    With Carlton, a bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For us, if Brown was comng next year for example (and we are just playing devils or heavens advocate here) I'd imagine not, unless Johnson decided to step aside. I was personally rapt when Johnson was made captain; as big a fan as I was of both Grant & Darce, I always thought Johnson had the passion and respect to get it done. His speach to the troops at 3 qtr time vs Fremantle a few weeks ago is testament to this (clearly I have no idea what he said, but we had that last qtr following it)

Say Johnson wasn't captain for some reason other than Brown's arrival, it would be a very interesting one. Who are we looking at next in the current group? Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa? Maybe even Higgins or Cooney? I'd probably go Brown, with all respect to those mentioned, they'd all do a fine job.

Does being the Western Bulldogs help entice a western Victorian lad back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhnbtlr View Post
    With Carlton, a bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For us, if Brown was comng next year for example (and we are just playing devils or heavens advocate here) I'd imagine not, unless Johnson decided to step aside. I was personally rapt when Johnson was made captain; as big a fan as I was of both Grant & Darce, I always thought Johnson had the passion and respect to get it done. His speach to the troops at 3 qtr time vs Fremantle a few weeks ago is testament to this (clearly I have no idea what he said, but we had that last qtr following it)

Say Johnson wasn't captain for some reason other than Brown's arrival, it would be a very interesting one. Who are we looking at next in the current group? Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa? Maybe even Higgins or Cooney? I'd probably go Brown, with all respect to those mentioned, they'd all do a fine job.

How did this end up on this thread? I was replying to 1eyedog's post on the 'Our Next Captain' thread. Weird.

Post Thanks / Like

How did this end up on this thread? I was replying to 1eyedog's post on the 'Our Next Captain' thread. Weird.

Dunno but it's a good post.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It wasnt so much that the speech but I was more impressed that, even though he was having a dirty day, he hit his first two contests of that quarter hard and wasnt ever going to lose them. First was a contested mark that he goaled from and the second was a desperate lunge to keep the ball in the forward line leading to another goal. That's what a leader does.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Hawkins and Jarrod Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kempino View Post
    Tom Hawkins and Jarrod Roughead
    You're crap with names.

It's Doug Hawkins and Jordan Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

I have that strange affliction where I can't stand opposition players... until they pull on a Dogs guernsey... Aker is a great example...

Also works in reverse... I used to like Jordan McMahon and Browny...and Terry Wallet, for that matter

Post Thanks / Like

I quite like Sam Lonergan from the Bombers, don't know why he stands out for me, I just like the way he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Luke Hodge, Cambell Brown, Johnathon Brown, Max Rooke, Andrew Mcleoud.
    Was huge fans of Riccuito and Voss. (Hated Buckley and Hird)

The list goes on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kempino View Post
    Tom Hawkins
    I saw him in the supermarket the other day. And Tom Harley camped in my parents camping park on the coast over Easter. I always seem to run into Geelong players. Damn.