Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  47
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Footy Show

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Footy Show

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I was thinking more about the night when Napoleon Dynamite was umpiring and we had the celebrity opponent.
    Oh yes, You're hot Ando!!!!!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Caught this article today, why would they put this dude on TV?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p51r9j.html

Ch9 really need to move away from putting old uneducated and racist/sexist dickheads on television, I mean it's really not that hard in 2019 to find people who won't say anti-Semitic and other types of racist or sexist things on TV...…...
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Ch9 really need to move away from putting old uneducated and racist/sexist dickheads on television, I mean it's really not that hard in 2019 to find people who won't say anti-Semitic and other types of racist or sexist things on TV...…...
    Thought you were talking about Newman till I clicked on link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Thought you were talking about Newman till I clicked on link.
    Me too, so I didn't until your comment. Let's say Ch9 black ban for this. His son KO's teammates and still got a gig on Ch7. Now both should be enough to not get an invite back to the studios, but senior could lament his language on national tv, while junior who had engaged in serious acts of violence keeps getting promoted at Ch7. It's hard not feel like the networks don't bare about the theoretical moral stance they should have. I mean Carey's many assaults, mistreatment of women and being a witness for a gangland figure during the gangland war isn't relevant. Upon reflection, I don't watch any of the footy shows anymore and not watching other games any more. Which I liked doing. I can't read afl media because it's just a dickhead potting Tom Boyd or Bevo and newspapers much the same. Without woof, I doubt I would even discuss or read footy stuff anymore.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

And I notice that they've gone with the old hold all answer “We apologise for any offence it may have caused.” being the same as "If I have caused anyone distress (ie it's your fault but I'm such a great bloke it's me who is apologising) then I apologise"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post