Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our next captain

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I hate co-captians with a passion!
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about co-captains. Why do you hate them so much TCD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I would argue that Harley is inspirational to his team. You want the captain of the team to be able to demonstrate the fundamentals skills required to play good football, I don't mean those skills which come from natural talent such as being a beautiful kick or super quick, I mean those acquired skills such as determination, composure, courage etc. Harley does demonstrate these skills and does set an inspirational example for his team - making him a good captain.
    Yep good answer and fair enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about co-captains. Why do you hate them so much TCD?
    It's a bit like siting on a fence. I was rapt when Rocket made a decision one way or the other re: Darcy/Johnson. To me it's like the coach doesn't know who to make as captain & doesn't want to hurt someone's feelings so he goes for the soft option, just my view, maybe I'm old fashioned.

Post Thanks / Like

i would like to see Rob Murphy, Cooney or Griffen be given the job..
    Gia is not consistant enough, and hes commitment to hard balls can be questioned at times.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Morris for the next captain - hard at it, gives his all, inspirational to team and fans alike, doesn't mind punching above his weight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Passion View Post
    I like Morris for the next captain - hard at it, gives his all, inspirational to team and fans alike, doesn't mind punching above his weight
    Now he reminds me of a Harley-type

Post Thanks / Like

I think Gia, he seems to be a good on-field leader and I think he really wants the job. It's great that we have so many potential captains, and I agree that co-captains are a bad idea...just because they don't get the title of captain doesn't mean that they can't be a leader as well. I think Cross, Boyd, Murphy or Morris would make good vice captains, either one would be deserving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dales.girl38 View Post
    I think Gia, he seems to be a good on-field leader and I think he really wants the job. It's great that we have so many potential captains, and I agree that co-captains are a bad idea...just because they don't get the title of captain doesn't mean that they can't be a leader as well. I think Cross, Boyd, Murphy or Morris would make good vice captains, either one would be deserving.
    Aker backs that theory up. In terms of leadership he is great now that he's not so controversial and he's never been in a leadership group.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great that theres a number of blokes to consider who are all leaders and passionate about the club. Instead of picking the highest rated player (such as Riewoldt at Saints), i think someone with team spirit and great worth ethic. I seem to hear a lot about Gia being a leader around he club, and how Murphy is considered the "spriritual leader". Anyone out of Gia, Murphy, Cross, Boyd, Griffen or Cooney would be an excellent choice, in my opinion.

Although i like the idea of Higgins, not sure about the practicallity. Not much experience, especially finals wise, maybe not as vocal as some of the older guys?

Post Thanks / Like

What about Lake? Just throwing something up there although he has a lot of brain fades but he's getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Crossy, but would really love to see it go to big Brian Lake....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Cooney get the nod. Seeing what he can do carrying an injury and still do a pretty good job and to see what he can do when fully fit is brilliant I think he would be a good choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ageo View Post
    i would like to see Rob Murphy, Cooney or Griffen be given the job..
    Gia is not consistant enough, and hes commitment to hard balls can be questioned at times.
    Rubbish! Gia has a crack 100% of the time and has done for the past 7seasons. Has a bad reputation because of his good looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Rubbish! Gia has a crack 100% of the time and has done for the past 7seasons. Has a bad reputation because of his good looks.
    Definitely not a problem this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Definitely not a problem this year
    Why did he get hit by a car?