Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our next captain

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why did he get hit by a car?
    Ah

Took me a while to get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to go with Boydy, works as hard as anyone, gave everything just to make the list and is a great example to the younger pups about what can be acheived with commitment and hard work. Not all footballers are gifted in the skills department, some just know how and are willing to get the best out of themselves (eg. Danny Frawley, Glen as opposed to Allen Jacovich, Allen had more natural talent but if you are not committed, forget it).

Boydy the Spud Of the West.

cheers,

Jaxs

ps: if not dual captaincy Dale Morris and Boydy

Post Thanks / Like

A hypothetical, if we drafted J Brown would he be our next captain? Carlton did it with Judd or does that just show a distinct lack of culture and leadership at Carlton?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Interesting re Gia. Do you think he is a leader of men? With all respect to Gia, I see him more of an opportunist type player who finishes off well. I cannot recall that type of player captaining a side.
    Nick de Santo but that didn't last.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    What about Lake? Just throwing something up there although he has a lot of brain fades but he's getting better.
    For me lake is the man, Cross second. I think these two guys are able to handle the off field stuff and lead on game day without letting it effect their game.

I think Coon & Griff should just play football just like Ablett.

the dark horse for me would be Tom Williams - they are have huge faith in the man!
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

MikeSheahan Guest

Read this thread this morning and watched the match with this in mind, and I come up with Adam Cooney. The boy is all class, and I think his deputy could be Ryan Griffen. Wouldn't be bad move to appoint these two, extra insurance as I feel the Crows will come sniffing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSheahan View Post
    Read this thread this morning and watched the match with this in mind, and I come up with Adam Cooney. The boy is all class, and I think his deputy could be Ryan Griffen. Wouldn't be bad move to appoint these two, extra insurance as I feel the Crows will come sniffing.
    Will help but, if like Judd, they want to go, then they'll go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSheahan View Post
    Yep I agree, we need to keep these two at the kennel at all costs. Cooney especially is pretty entrenched in Melb now, has opened a business with Lakey and has stated he wants to be a one club player.