Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Woof Supercoach - Who is Who?

K, halfway point of the SC season as well and I'm not sure exactly who is who in our supercoach league! Some people are obvious such as GVGjr and Mantis but others aren't. Would everyone like to share what name they go by in SC and how they see their season so far?

I'm Bubba's Battlers. Sitting in 6th atm which is OK, but would like to move into the four by the end of the season to reflect my league high average score/round of 2094.

I have had Coondog and Crossy since the start of the season and they have obviously been great, especially Coon. I had Aker at the start but traded him out after his first few poor rounds (regretting heaps now). I traded Hill in after round 2 for one good match and some money and then traded him back out. I recently got Gilbs for a lovely low price and he has since started to shine.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Woof Supercoach - Who is Who?

In case you couldn't tell i'm hujsh of the hujshdogs.

And my biggest problem is depth as it makes me waste my trades.

Eg i had Stevens playing and Palmer on the bench. Decided that with Houli on the bench as well i could trade stevens for Cotchin. Then with that cash i traded Simmonds for Cox.

Not a bad trade but I'm running out.

With my second worst performance of the year the Rear Adimirals put me down to 7th.

Post Thanks / Like

Mantis = Mantis Monkey's
    Woof = me
    hujshdogs = hujsh
    The Coon Dogs = TCD
    54since54 = Aker39
    Barklystreetend = sockeye
    FirstDogs = FirstDogs
    NFI = Drunken Bum (I think)
    Bundi dogs = Rory (doesn't post much)
    wimbergsDogs = wimberga

Not sure of the rest.

By the way, how will supercoach and dream teams work when there is a 17th team in the comp?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    By the way, how will supercoach and dream teams work when there is a 17th team in the comp?
    You would like to be playing MoonDoogies when the Bulldogs have a bye, he'd only have 5 players available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Perhaps they could go on average per player instead of total points? Maybe have a few more subs and more salary? Will change the game a lot.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dales.girl38

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the Rear Admirals.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummed out that I missed out on joining the woof league this year. I'm in some random league and doing okay (3rd at an average of 2200+) but it's just not as fun as I imagine it would be with you guys!

I'm nearly all traded out though. I'm playing to win the weekly prize now so I'm just stuffing my team full of the best performed players, not worrying about keeping trades in hand at all.. nearest to my goal so far has been a score of around 2500 but some people keep getting 2650+ and I don't know where I'm going to get the extra points from! Keeping my fingers crossed this weekend as I've just traded Goodes into my team and he may just be the mojo. At least you know he'll never be suspended.

Post Thanks / Like

Lantern, I feel sorry for you.

Im in the Woof league in my first ever Supercoach attempt and am stuck on 16th. Dont know what my average is, but wish you could have my spot!

Now you all know that me on the bottom of the ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm the Rear Admirals.

What is a Rear Admiral anyway Dwight?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I am too awful and ashamed so I am unwilling to say what team is mine.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

good get GVR, i am indeed NFI

I did my team very early initially with an aim of watching some pre season matches checking out form and so forth before making final adjustment just before the season started. All good in theory til i was lying in bed pretty hung over one night(i work nightshift so am allowed to get out of bed at 8pm thanks very much) flicking thru the channels and lo and behold the footy is on and i havent touched my team since about 4 weeks prior. i didnt have a captain for 4-5 weeks i think, not sure but have players that have been injured all yr or havent played, i think i was min2-3 down most weeks especially in defence.
    On the plus side i have all my trades left and was sitting 3rd on the ladder last time i checked, although i think i got lucky a cpl of times hitting sides at the right time.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    good get GVR, i am indeed NFI

I did my team very early initially with an aim of watching some pre season matches checking out form and so forth before making final adjustment just before the season started. All good in theory til i was lying in bed pretty hung over one night(i work nightshift so am allowed to get out of bed at 8pm thanks very much) flicking thru the channels and lo and behold the footy is on and i havent touched my team since about 4 weeks prior. i didnt have a captain for 4-5 weeks i think, not sure but have players that have been injured all yr or havent played, i think i was min2-3 down most weeks especially in defence.
    On the plus side i have all my trades left and was sitting 3rd on the ladder last time i checked, although i think i got lucky a cpl of times hitting sides at the right time.

What kind of work do you do DB?

Post Thanks / Like

was dealing at crown for 5yrs, havin a break from that now and bludging in a call center doing cust care.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    was dealing at crown for 5yrs, havin a break from that now and bludging in a call center doing cust care.

You'd have some fun stories to tell about Crown I bet. Many years ago when they first set up we did a heap of recruiting for them, talk about fussy!