Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    For some reason the St Kilda supporters always bring up how much they hate Chris Grant.
    Wonder why they have it in for him?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably cos they know Harvey's Brownlow should have been his.

Post Thanks / Like

It may seem a strange nomination but Eagles supporters are extremely difficult. I cannot call them the 'worst', in the sense that they are obnoxious or rude or aggressive or especially hostile to the Doggies. They are none of those things, generally speaking, but they are insufferably superior. You probably have to attend matches at Subiaco to understand. I nominate them as the worst supporters because when you go to Subiaco you are not going to a football match. You are attending the modern equivalent of the circus games at the Colosseum in ancient Rome. Eagles fans are the true believers, and opposition teams are the ritual lambs to the slaughter. It is simply expected that the Eagles will win, and if you support another team you are a curiosity, barely tolerated, and you are reminded of how much of a minority you are. You are expected to be silent. In fact, the footy doesn't matter. Many Eagles supporters are there for the social occasion, and to be seen. Particularly pubescent bunnies showing lots of flesh for their heroes to see. It's also true that people take knitting to the footy- I've seen it for myself. What matters is your attendance. It's like going to church on a Sunday so you can feel 'good' for the rest of the week, and your identity is affirmed. This doesn't happen so much at the games I've attended in Victoria, since there is usually a numerical balance between supporters of both sides.
    Luckily Eagles supporters are quite sedate, and can be gracious and sporting, but their numerical superiority, if combined with feral behaviour, could get really ugly. Maybe it's because they know they overwhelm the opposition that they keep things in check. If that's the case then credit where it is due I suppose.
    Fremantle are a different kettle of fish altogether. Genuinely strange people, with that far-off look in their eyes, like visionary artists, or psych patients, but nothing to worry about.

WA Dogs- Sons of the Far West

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trevnosh View Post
    or psych patients, but nothing to worry about.

WA Dogs- Sons of the Far West
    Getting a bit too close to home for my liking there. I'm not sure that long term Bulldog supporting isn't closely akin to a psych disorder. Yes... but a wonderful madness.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide supporters trashed the statue of a deceased legend of the game.

Enough said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Adelaide supporters trashed the statue of a deceased legend of the game.

Enough said.

I didnt mind that so much. I'd have done the same thing if the circumstances were reversed.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I didnt mind that so much. I'd have done the same thing if the circumstances were reversed.
    Not a chance. EJ isn't just the heart and soul of Victorian Football, he's a legend of the game. Deserves better. End of story