Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership

I can understand that it is becoming hard for some of our supporters to pay for their memberships. I have a general admission season ticket membership because that is all that I can currently afford. Even if my financial situatuation became worse than it alredy is, I would still find a way to buy a membeship no matter what.

That is why I can not understand why there are these total idiots going around claiming to support our club, that are not in any financial troubles and even turn up to games and buy a ticket, but refuse to buy a membership for some stupid reason. If these people would just use their brain they would realise that buying a membership actually works out cheaper than buying tickets to every game. If it is because these people thought that we were going to go bad at the start of the year, then they need a slap across the face for being stupid. If they really loved this club then they would realise that not buying a membership does not help te club in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

It does amaze me to see Bulldogs supporters lining up for tickets at our home games. Just plain stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between match day members & non match day members?

On the monthly pay deal, I enquired about this, but you can only use a credit card.
    I dont have a credit card, and other organisations can do direct debit from bank accounts, I told them this & hopefully a few others have also so the club will look at altering the pay by the month set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Non-matchday members are those who sign up to things like the long-distance membership, armchair membership, pet membership etc, ie. those who still contribute financially to the club in some way and show their support through a 'membership' that does not include admission to actual matches (thus, 'non matchday').

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Non-matchday members are those who sign up to things like the long-distance membership, armchair membership, pet membership etc, ie. those who still contribute financially to the club in some way and show their support through a 'membership' that does not include admission to actual matches (thus, 'non matchday').
    so in effect it means that non matchday members dont count to the total that are put out being 27,500
    i wonder how many people have downgraded their membership due to financial issues, and then not counted in that 27,500? if the total of ALL members is more than 30,000 and they are financially contirbuting to the club shouldnt they still be counted as members in the total scheme of things (pet memberships aside) i dont see why the AFL & clubs are only worried about match day figures?

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, the actual number/s is meaningless.

We could break all sorts of records & have 40,000, but if half are children, then it doesn't stack up too well dollar wise.

I really think the determining figure should be 'net yeild', which would take into account the TOTAL DOLLARS derived through membership sales.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. Though taking a long term view I'd love it if half of them were children.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    People don't think that much, or listen that much once their mind is made up -- we stunk up the end of last year, so people didn't sign up. If we win the premiership we'll go up to 35,000 next year.

The market KB is talking about is a growing one -- will take three to five years for the trickle to begin and up to ten years to truly see the full results coming in. Success on-field over a sustained period will cement that.

And yes, we have fickle supporters. But that's only because most of our supporters are busy with many other things in life. It's not a bad thing per se.
    As all supporters are

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    As all supporters are
    Hmm.. I'm speaking in relative terms.

I have a feeling that your Collingwoods, Carltons and Richmonds have more one-eyed live, sleep, drink footy types than do the Dogs, who, of course have our share of fanatics, but a large proportion of our followers/supporters (call them what you will) tend to be multi-faceted -- in another post I shamefully generalised an entire segment of our followers as left-leaning, intellectual types, and most of those I know are followers of multiple sports, not just AFL. Before I get shouted down may I just say that every single one of those I know are dyed-in-the-wool long-term members so it's not them whose fault it is our numbers are low.

Also, in a growing market, we have to accept that the level of engagement is also a growing one -- from I don't really have a team, to I sort of like the Dogs because I live in the area and they come to my/my kids' school/kinder/auskick, to the Dogs are my team when anyone asks me, to I watch the Dogs whenever they're on TV, to I try to go to one or two Dogs games a year, to I have a Dogs scarf and jumper, to I'm thinking about a general membership, to I have a general membership, to I have a reserved seat membership and I boo loudly at Richmond, to I have an upgraded full membership and I boo loudly at Richmond and know all the Brownlow winners from Footscray, to I have a lifetime membership on auto-renew and bought memberships for my wife and kids even though she's from Perth and nominally an Eagles fan and doesn't agree with my assertion that red, white and blue is a perfectly acceptable colour scheme for my wardrobe, car and house, and bought pet memberships for my three bulldogs named Chris, EJ and Libba and drive a Leaseplan car and write on WOOF everyday and I have every version of the Dogs jumper ever produced and I pick fights with anyone with a Richmond or Adelaide sticker on their car and I cry everytime someone uses 'Darren', 'Jarman', or 'should've' in a sentence.

Some people may simpy not be as fanatical as some of us.. YET.

Post Thanks / Like

Well after some discusions on the home front I upgraded both my wifes and my membership today throw that in with my Pet Membership and I have spent a lot of money over the last few days. All for a good cause though

Post Thanks / Like

From Bulldogs Website:

"Today is the final day to ensure your membership will count in the Club’s Official Match Day Members total. As at close of business on Friday, the Club’s 2008 total stood at 28,004 – 721 short of last year’s record membership total of 28,725. The Club still has over 4,000 unrenewed members from 2007."

Pretty close to last year now, alot closer than I thought it would be. However, I bet GF allocation is up, which means membership revenue will be way up from last year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From Bulldogs Website:

"Today is the final day to ensure your membership will count in the Club’s Official Match Day Members total. As at close of business on Friday, the Club’s 2008 total stood at 28,004 – 721 short of last year’s record membership total of 28,725. The Club still has over 4,000 unrenewed members from 2007."

Pretty close to last year now, alot closer than I thought it would be. However, I bet GF allocation is up, which means membership revenue will be way up from last year
    So in effect 14% of our members from last year haven't renewed. Staggering figure if you ask me. Last season Campbell Rose was on radio stating our 'churn rate' was amongst the lowest in the league at around 7%.

It would be interesting to see how the churn rate fares at other clubs this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the actual number/s is meaningless.

We could break all sorts of records & have 40,000, but if half are children, then it doesn't stack up too well dollar wise.

I really think the determining figure should be 'net yeild', which would take into account the TOTAL DOLLARS derived through membership sales.
    Not that we don't make money from memberships, we clearly do, though is it really that big of an issue compared with the stadium deal?

It's an issue, not getting away from that, but if we had 20,000 members, and all of them were reserved seat holders (so likely totalling more than 30,000 season ticket holders - I don't know that for sure just guessing) I suggest the AFL wouldn't support us financially any more as the number is too low.

It's not all about perception (as we clearly make some money out of memberships) but I think a fair chunk of it is. We need to keep the numbers up to continually justify the league's support - real money to sustain us will occur when Ian Collins is replaced as manager of the Dome (I ... is hate a too strong a word? I really don't like the guy, and I'm sure most Dogs fans will be with me on that) and they re-negotiate the deal.

I upgraded mine and my brother's membership last Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    So in effect 14% of our members from last year haven't renewed. Staggering figure if you ask me. Last season Campbell Rose was on radio stating our 'churn rate' was amongst the lowest in the league at around 7%.

It would be interesting to see how the churn rate fares at other clubs this season.
    Could the 4000 be the sympathy buyers who are now buying North Memberships?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Could the 4000 be the sympathy buyers who are now buying North Memberships?
    Nah, 500 max I reckon.