Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs can dare to dream

Quote Originally Posted by namdarb View Post
    I believe hujsh is referring to to the fact that our full back is no longer named Harris.
    Doh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes we are, don't worry about last night. Collingwood beat them by 86 points, so it all means nothing, its what happens on the day.
    I'm not so sure. Geelong have been in sparkling form this past month, they seem to have stepped up a gear. I have not seen the Bulldogs play 4 quarters of football like Geelong have over this period. We came close during the Hawthorn game. We need to improve to match it with Geelong this finals series.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm not so sure. Geelong have been in sparkling form this past month, they seem to have stepped up a gear. I have not seen the Bulldogs play 4 quarters of football like Geelong have over this period. We came close during the Hawthorn game. We need to improve to match it with Geelong this finals series.
    Which I think was always going to happen.

Winning the flag meant they started there pre-season after almsot every other team so were always going to take a little longer to hit top gear. Losing only 1 game through the first 14 games with this in mind shows just what we are up against.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by Mantis
    After watching a bit of Geelong last night it might just be a 'dream'.

I personally wasnt all that impressed with Geelong last night. They were only OK from my POV. They cooked the ball an awful lot, they lairised with it even more, too many times their midfielders didnt lift their eyes and bombed away with guys in much better position waving their arms in the air and they werent very patient bringing the ball out of defence and consequently broke down across half forward a lot, especially in the first half. They relied on good individual performances rather than an even team effort. If they do that against us we'll win by 10 goals

I reckon it was just a stop start performance against a team that was out of form on the night. The Crows were pooh and Freo would have beaten them even if they were in front at 3/4 time.

I'm not saying they arent a good team and in all likelyhood they are the team to beat for the flag but they are still a long way short of premiership form ATM.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite