Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Madone Guest

2008 Membership No's

A 2 part question:

1- Have we broken our all time membership figures with 28,555 match day members?

and

2- If so, does this count officially thus far for the year?

No hoo haa on the website if we have broken our record. Not yet at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Membership No's

28,751 is our record for matchday members but we have beaten club memberships, we have another post on here called memberships you will find discussions on it in there.

Madone Guest

Thanks Ledge. Wasn't sure what our highest tally was and cbf going back through the multitude of pages. Trying to write an assignment in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    Thanks Ledge. Wasn't sure what our highest tally was and cbf going back through the multitude of pages. Trying to write an assignment in between.
    If it helps for future, use the search function.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out Bulldog website, according to figures we just broke our record, 28,785, not a bad comeback considering previous months worries, hopefully after this years showing it grows heaps more next year.
    But thats right this minute , i have seen it go down at times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I just checked out Bulldog website, according to figures we just broke our record, 28,785
    The AFL deadline for Memberships was June 30th and the Membership amount that we had at that time is the one that is recorded by the AFL. Any additional memberships since then - whilst they make our tally look more attractive aren't counted.

AFL gave an extension of time to the Dogs for upgrades only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    The AFL deadline for Memberships was June 30th and the Membership amount that we had at that time is the one that is recorded by the AFL. Any additional memberships since then - whilst they make our tally look more attractive aren't counted.

AFL gave an extension of time to the Dogs for upgrades only.
    I saw that but now i am confused , so how has it managed to go up if membership finished on June 30.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that but now i am confused , so how has it managed to go up if membership finished on June 30.
    There was a press release on our website some time ago stating that the AFL had given us special permission to continue with our memberships. I don't think they are counted in our end of financial year tally though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    There was a press release on our website some time ago stating that the AFL had given us special permission to continue with our memberships. I don't think they are counted in our end of financial year tally though.
    Now thats even more confusing , one says it was only upgrade so that doesnt increase membership and this one says they okayed membership to go on.
    And if they did ok membership , i can understand AFL having cut off point on june 30 and stating those figures because thats end of the financial year.
    So it also means that after june 30 is next years membership according to tax office.

Also its illegal not to count it in one year or the other, we all know you have to make all earnings shown on tax.
    Also why are they showing it on website if it doesnt count??
    So it has to be counted in next years financial report.
    Thanks for clearing that up you two!
    Im lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

People can still buy memberships after the cut off date, the Dogs have just added them onto the June 30 tally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    People can still buy memberships after the cut off date, the Dogs have just added them onto the June 30 tally.
    So in effect AFL figures are wrong after the 30th of June.

Post Thanks / Like

In the Victory room last night they recorded our membership as being over 30,000 members Whilst fantastic to finally break into 30,000 where did we get the numbers?

Post Thanks / Like

Look on the bulldog website, right hand side, has full members and game day members, if you listened to David Smorgon before the game on the ground he said we had 28700 game day members, I would say they quoted the full members in the victory room which is around 35000.

Post Thanks / Like

banner thanked 30,000 members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    banner thanked 30,000 members.
    Yes as did the score board, just over 30,000.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.