Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hard Ball Get Guest

Re: Who leads our defence?

I think it has to be Harris in the future.
    He needs to find his confidence obviously but under guidence from Grant and a few others I think he could turn into a pretty good leader.

Post Thanks / Like

I could see a bloke like Wight doing it. He has a great attack on the ball, very competitive. Grant will probably play a little bit down back this year, mainly dropping back to fill holes rather than dominating at CHB. Grant can help out a lot though, getting players to focus and in the right spots.

Gilbee is another one who is really like a general down back.

Harris has the potential to do something, but he really needs to work at his concentration on confidence. He's still a vital player for us, but I thought he fell back a bit last year, which was disappointing considering how well he started the year.

Post Thanks / Like

after today - and the brian harris supergoal i am not so sure

is it Doogs?
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    after today - and the brian harris supergoal i am not so sure

is it Doogs?
    If Doogs can hit the target more often, then it could very well be him. I like his attack on the ball, his attack on the man can be weaker sometimes, and he kicks very well. Today he was excellent but didn't hit many targets when roaming CHB, if he hits them he'll be the new general.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Give us a break. He's played one game for us against a half baked Swans' team. Leadership requires a great deal more than that! (mental awareness and toughness, instructing and teaching ability, sacrifice, fearlessness, ability to read the play, ability to spot opposition weaknesses and plan accordingly to take advantage of, rear and peripheral vision.....)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metal View Post
    Give us a break. He's played one game for us against a half baked Swans' team. Leadership requires a great deal more than that! (mental awareness and toughness, instructing and teaching ability, sacrifice, fearlessness, ability to read the play, ability to spot opposition weaknesses and plan accordingly to take advantage of, rear and peripheral vision.....)

I think some are too keen to jump onto the McDougall bandwagon. While it was a good display and one that should give him some more confidence it was as you say against a depleted side. Lets see how he goes over the next couple of weeks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Harris was brilliant today.If anyone questions his leadership abilities I think they are mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thats Golden! View Post
    I thought Harris was brilliant today.If anyone questions his leadership abilities I think they are mistaken.
    Leadership is shown in many ways, example is one of them. Although Harris seemed to play a little more in the 05/early 06 style (his better style) I still think he needs to show a bit more discipline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Although Harris seemed to play a little more in the 05/early 06 style (his better style) I still think he needs to show a bit more discipline.
    Yeah, I agree with that Harris still has that two match suspension to serve in Rnds 1 & 2 if he can get the discipline side of things settled he will be the better for it. IMO he just lacks something at the moment.