Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you want to see on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Palace03 View Post
    Firstly a win, I hate loosing, even in practice matches. It would be good to get an early glimpse of a few draftees, however I hope the guys fighting for their spot on the list get a crack first. I'd love to see Faulkner, Skipper and McCormack really impress and push for selection in Round 1.
    Getting good games from Faulkner and Skipper is vital for a team looking for playing depth throughout the season. These guys are not in our best 22 at them moment but a good display today will do wonders for team selections once the H&A season starts.
    Nothing better for the club is for them to struggle at the selection table because they have so many guys knocking the door down.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Does having the 8 man bench give more of a chance to guys like Lynch to get a run do you think?

I'd really like to see us win the game, injury free, and see some different faces in different places. McMahon, Griffen, Higgins, Faulkner, would be good to see these guys get a bit of a run through the middle. I'd like to see Addison playing off half back, Wight doing well.

I also want Gilbee to kick a few super goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Does having the 8 man bench give more of a chance to guys like Lynch to get a run do you think?

I'd really like to see us win the game, injury free, and see some different faces in different places. McMahon, Griffen, Higgins, Faulkner, would be good to see these guys get a bit of a run through the middle. I'd like to see Addison playing off half back, Wight doing well.

I also want Gilbee to kick a few super goals.
    An 8 man bench really does give an opportunity for a few of the youngsters to get some game time. Harbrow and Everitt should get a lot of minutes on the ground and Pask and McDougall will have a great chance to impress the fans.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Agree about the "no injuries". They're bad at any time, but losing players during this pre-season comp is even worse.

Still as Coon Dog says (and boy are you fired up!) losing is the pits! Expect everyone (both sides) to be rusty. I would like to see Skipper have a really good game and impose himself - he has certainly been a work in progress. Is he looking more solid this pre-season?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see it on Television.

Stupid Foxtel.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    A win would be nice but it's also a chance for a few lesser lights to sparkle. Would love to see second year, second tier and recruits to generate some drive.
    I don't like cycles of mutual citation and quoting yourself is even worse, but I'm pretty happy today about the dogs at least. Got what I wanted out of yesterday.

Dougs and the recruits, showed something and while it's not huge yet it's what we could reasonably expect from them. Few let us down and overall it looked like evidence of the much heralded across the board improvement.

Would be more happy if the AFL site could show highlights or a replay but although a BogPond (intentional) cable customer I get asked to log in and when I click OK it crashes my computer. Not such a good start to the season for them. Hope they have done some intensive preseason training but I supect it will just be in how to not admit to failure.