Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fight brews over 'Bulldog Hilton'

What about the residents who want the development?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Its up to the bullies to suggest the location, make a submission for a permit, allow for community consultation and for the Council to hear the grievances of the locals, see the submission of the developer and THEN make a decision. The Council can't predict the outcome of this until it happens.

MMM strange that, i have seen councils bend over backwards to find and lure businesses to there area,
    Melton council even did a deal many years ago that wasnt illegal but certainly didnt go to the community to get it passed, when the deal came out the residents were in uproar.

So my point is , the council only follows rules when they suit them.
    Your point about the Bullies doing everything, I bet if Richard Branson was building it they would have offered him anywhere he wanted, passed it and given him the key to the city!
    The council now knows exactly the building being sort to build and what it entails, so why cant it point out places it has for that kind of thing?

The Bulldogs could spend 10 years going up and down with places it wants the place built, why not get rid of all the bullshit and WORK TOGETHER and at least tell the dogs where they would think it would get through.

Personally i think its all coming down to the council trying to get back the million dollars the previous council agreed to because it was never there in the first place.
    And they are using paper work and a few hundred residents to block it.
    Back to spin doctoring.
    I have no doubt that Councils have done less than honurable deals in the past. Brimbank Council is notorious for rezoning the land that Bunnings and a heap of townhouses are built on along the Keilor Melton Highway opposite Watergardens, shortly after the Bunnings owners gave the Council a 1 million dollar "donation". But is that the sort of Council we want?

My anger is at the monkeys employed by the bullies that are managing the project. Why couldn't they organize the permit before the builders ran out of work? The club's silence on the details released by the Council is deafening. All the club has said is that they've been "frustrated". Why? Because they had to follow normal rules and procedures, but didn't?

I'm sure the Council could suggest a location that would probably be OK, but they couldn't guarantee it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    What about the residents who want the development?
    Who are they?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Who are they?
    Presumably the 20,000 who aren't whingers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Presumably the 20,000 who aren't whingers.
    ah the silent majority, that don't live in Edgewater.

Post Thanks / Like

20000 without their headup their backside
    Flemington, Hghpoint and Whitten Oval are all within walking distance to Edgewater.

Edgewater must be its own principality, whats the king or queen's name?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    atl east one of whom is a stupid project manager that doesn't know he needs a building permit to build a 25 million dollar development.

Post Thanks / Like

ah the silent majority, that don't live in Edgewater.
    So you're saying the majority don't want it? Is there any proof that the majority are upset and not just the wingers.

Maybe the majority is indifferent?

Post Thanks / Like

Flemington, Hghpoint and Whitten Oval are all within walking distance to Edgewater.

Edgewater must be its own principality, whats the king or queen's name?

Ern its a new purpose-built Estate that shares no resemblance to Flemington, Highpoint or Footscray.

Ultimately the Dogs are in this mess because they have had stupid people managing the project.

I hope they resolve it but it probably won't be by puttting up the Hilton in Edgewater.

Post Thanks / Like

atl east one of whom is a stupid project manager that doesn't know he needs a building permit to build a 25 million dollar development.
    That project manager only gives a shit when its his area?
    Far worse developments already higlighted but not in the flood plains.

Post Thanks / Like

Ern its a new purpose-built Estate that shares no resemblance to Flemington, Highpoint or Footscray.
    They are bordering all three!
    People that moved there seem like they thought they were bordering Kew, Hawthorn and Camberwell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So you're saying the majority don't want it? Is there any proof that the majority are upset and not just the wingers.

Maybe the majority is indifferent?
    I'm saying that most people who care about the Western Bulldogs want this to go ahead because they don't want to jeopardize the future of the Club. Trouble is they don't live in Edgewater and therefore can't do a hell of a lot about it. I don't think the majority in Edgewater are indifferent, especially if they're nearest to the proposed site. I think its clear that they don't want it.

Post Thanks / Like

That project manager only gives a shit when its his area?
    Far worse developments already higlighted but not in the flood plains.
    No he's just an idiot employed by the Doggies who was too stupid to realize that he had better get his arse into gear and make sure the permits gonna be OK so that the next stage can built by the builders. Thats what he's being paid to do: to ensure that the ALL facets of construction including permits, materials, tradesman happen in a timely manner. If I were the CEO I'd be calling him and saying "Sunshine why the f_k have you got us in to this mess? You are out on your arse as of 5 minutes ago"

Post Thanks / Like

Mayor MacDonald will be out on her arse next election

Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying that most people who care about the Western Bulldogs want this to go ahead because they don't want to jeopardize the future of the Club. Trouble is they don't live in Edgewater and therefore can't do a hell of a lot about it. I don't think the majority in Edgewater are indifferent, especially if they're nearest to the proposed site. I think its clear that they don't want it.
    how is it clear? Apart from a few people who are clearly against it how can you gauge what people want.

It's like going to a feminist group and treating them like they represent all women or going up to Jesse Jackson like he's the leader of all black Americans