Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading

What about Justin Koschitzke ???

a) Do you think St.Kilda will look to trade him?

b) If yes, do we have a shot at him?

c) Will he fill the void at Centre Half Back / Forward?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    What about Justin Koschitzke ???

a) Do you think St.Kilda will look to trade him?

b) If yes, do we have a shot at him?

c) Will he fill the void at Centre Half Back / Forward?
    a) I think it's possible the Saints will look to trade him. Although I think it will be more of a 'I need to leave' from Kosi then 'we need to trade him' from the Saints.

b) Yes, we do have a shot.

c) No he can't fill the void the CHB or CHF or FF. He's a ruckman that is a capable forward. We already have one called Minson. Kosi is a better forward then Minson but what do we do with Minson and Hudson? Drop them to the VFL? Seems a waste.

Kosi would have been a good trade for us last year if we didn't get Huddo. Although Huddo solves more of our problems then Kosi would so it turned out alright for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it very hard to believe any bulldog supporter can even think about trading big mitch it would need to be a very good deal for us to even consider this i think our best trading tool will be ray who could be an option for fremantle or port probably giving the best deal

Post Thanks / Like

The Saints wont trade Kosi IMO. RL loves him and he is a popular player amongst the group. I just dont think its an option. I think the best way to trade is just keep an eye out for an opportunity and dont try to force anything. If you see a guy going cheap that is clearly a quality player then you grab him. If nothing eventuates then you just stay out of it. What we did with Aker and Hudson then Welsh at the draft table were great examples.

This season I think our strength lies in Minson and Street. If a club is desperate enough for a ruckmen then we might be able to swindle someone. Wouldn't trade Minson unless someone was offering well above price though. We could well get something for Street at seasons end if he keeps up his vfl form. It wont be much but its better than nothing.

I dont see many other likely trades although its a long way off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    UNTOUCHABLE
    Cooney
    Griffen
    Johnson
    Gilbee
    Murphy
    Lake
    Ward
    Higgins
    Williams ( I still have faith)
    West ( ditto)
    J.Grant (untried)

ALMOST UNTOUCHABLE
    Gia
    Everitt

UNTRADEABLE {and worth keeping}
    Aker
    Hudson
    Welsh

RETAIN FOR COMPETITIVE SPIRIT AND CLUB HEALTH BUT CONSIDER SERIOUS OFFERS
    Minson
    Hahn
    Cross and / or Boyd

ON THE TABLE
    Rest of list.

I know this might seem a bit harsh and I know people will come out swinging.
    I think the major pivotal player for us is Tom Williams. If he's fit and firing, Shaggy, Everitt and Morris are great assets in defence. But none of them are able to replace him. Shaggy's not tall or strong enough and Morris isn't tall or attacking enough. Everitt doesn't have the build or height. So if Williams comes through, we've got a great backline as all those players are great as flankers or back pockets. But if he doesn't, we're exposed. We might need to trade some of our 2nd string defenders to A. cover him or B. invest in the future.
    Any thoughts?
    I think that list is essentially correct, however I would take Higgins out of the untouchable list; he is a talented midfielder/forward that gets injured too much. I would move him into the "Almost Untouchable" area, which I would rename "Unlikely unless exceptional trade was offered". I think he is similiar to Hill in this regard, obviously talented and has a big future, but is still a fair few rugs below "untouchable". Gia, as a leader of the club should be moved into the "Retain for competetive spirit etc." group, while Cross should be moved into the untouchables area. Players like him with a great work ethic, leadership capabilities, bravery and the ability to play consistently well are too rare, and even though I understand the group he is in is represents his high standing, I don't think we would seriously onsider any offers for him unless they involved Matthew Pavlich or the equilavent. I would also put Dylan Addison into the competitive spirit group.

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    biggin
    I'm sorry but this has got to be the worst attempt at spelling "begin" that I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a trade scenario..

Street & Tiller for a new pair of shoelaces for Aker & Cooney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post

What kind of shoelaces?

(have you been watching that Will Ferrel basketball movie or something?)

Post Thanks / Like

Bright Yellow & Orange would suit them both haha

Yeah ive seen Semi-Pro recently, great movie.

Now that trade seems fair...who do you think will supply us with the shoe laces?

Post Thanks / Like

Bright Yellow & Orange would suit them both haha

Yeah ive seen Semi-Pro recently, great movie.

Now that trade seems fair...who do you think will supply us with the shoe laces?
    I'd say Freo but if we trade with Freo we'll probably get their top pick in the draft as well somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd trade Aker before Tiller if the past 4 games in anything to go by. Don't be so harsh on the younger guys like Tiller. Or would you have traded Cross and Boyd at 20 years old as well? And who are we going to play if Hudson strains his back again or Minson pulls a hammy playing the Sax? Some people *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beuts2Blame View Post
    I'd trade Aker before Tiller if the past 4 games in anything to go by. Don't be so harsh on the younger guys like Tiller. Or would you have traded Cross and Boyd at 20 years old as well? And who are we going to play if Hudson strains his back again or Minson pulls a hammy playing the Sax? Some people *sigh*
    Going on last week's week performance of the guy in question and having never seen you play, I would still pick you.

Post Thanks / Like

If Brown were to say no to the lions and we were to make a play for him what do you think we would need to offer. Keeping in mind it will have to be quality for quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Jarrad Grant, Mitch Hahn and a 2nd round pick in the '08 draft.

But...Brown's goin nowhere.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! The lions would want more..

Theyd ask for Cross, Cooney, Griffin, Grant, Williams & First 3 Picks...

Post Thanks / Like

If they're baulking at coughing up a 5-year deal, even they'd have to realise there's a definable limit on Brown's value.

They'd get a stud key forward prospect in the making...a productive AFL forward with size/strength who's also a Qld boy...and a 2nd round pick in a period where the value of draft picks in general is heightened.

What's not to like?
    BORDERLINE FLYING