• Wight

3 8.57%
  • Lynch

4 11.43%
  • Eagleton (retired)

5 14.29%
  • Street (possibly traded)

9 25.71%
  • (Rookie) Shaw/Mulligan (Specify in text)

0 0%
  • Bring Back Bartlett

3 8.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 22 - The season proper over, whose career ends

BUMP.

I think we need 6 selections.

Name your six.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch, Street, O'Shea, West and McDougall all certainties to go. Others under the pump include Wight, Skipper and Eagleton depending if they are out of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Lynch, Street, O'Shea, West and McDougall all certainties to go. Others under the pump include Wight, Skipper and Eagleton depending if they are out of contract.
    Skipper just re-signed Eagleton must go would keep wight
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    West doesn't count because he's on the veterans list.

Macdougall, Street, Wight, Lynch, O'Shea.

Ray will go but we will probably pick up a player for him so that cancels each other out.

If we must have 6 Eagleton would be next in line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    BUMP.

I think we need 6 selections.

Name your six.
    McDougall
    Street
    Lynch
    O'Shea (Rookie)
    Eagleton

Number 6 is tricky.

If Ray is traded for a pick, then well and good.

If not, Cameron Wight might be the one. He'll need to watch trade week very very closely.

Post Thanks / Like

Doogs
    West
    Street
    Ray
    Eagleton
    Wight
    O'Shea (rookied)

We may cut even deeper and I wouldn't be surprised to see some unexpected names thrown up at trade time either - perhaps for picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Doogs
    West
    Street
    Ray
    Eagleton
    Wight
    O'Shea (rookied)

We may cut even deeper and I wouldn't be surprised to see some unexpected names thrown up at trade time either - perhaps for picks.
    It all depends on contract situations but McDougall, West, Lynch and O'Shea are either gone or close to going. Eagleton and Street could depend on their contracts but I think Street is out of contract.
    I think Wight will survive and Ray will be trade material and wouldn't be delisted as such.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Tiller anyone?
    YES - keep him, his finals effort shows merit and there are those out there that have not performed and I think this kid will make it if Eade will just let him settle in a set position as with a few other young kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Esranit View Post
    YES - keep him, his finals effort shows merit and there are those out there that have not performed and I think this kid will make it if Eade will just let him settle in a set position as with a few other young kids
    I know Clayton says it every year, but he did say he took Steve a year early knowing full-well his development would be slower (i.e. suddenly playing on men) because he believed he would go top 10 the following year.

I think Tiller is already miles in front of Skipper and Wight who have had twice as long as him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen enough of O'Shea or Lynch to make a call on them but if Friday night showed me one thing it's that Eags should be let go, whether traded or delisted. We have a heap of young guys on the list who should be given an opportunity next year and I think while Eagleton has some good footy left in him he is essentially standing in the way of someone else's development. He's not a Johnson whose standing in the club mandates another year minumum or an Akermanis who we brought in fairly recently (I wouldn't be adverse to trading Aker if he could help get through a deal that would help us but I think he's probably too old for anyone else to want him).

Unfortunately I think Westy will be asked to walk. Street is gone. Wight is 50/50 but I'd let him go. Ray will most likely be used as a trade option. I honestly don't think we have enough that other teams will want to trade for or that in the crunch we will be willing to trade to pull off the kind of big trade we probably need, especially with our first pick committed to Cordy (most likely).
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    The thing that scares me though is a lot of the players will be young guys, Higgins, Everitt, Williams, Hill, Harbrow, Ward, Addison, Callan etc are not guys with a lot of experience...we're really going to be fielding a pretty young side.
    It would scare me if they were Gwilt, McQualter, Clinton Jones, Raph Clarke, Jaryd Allen and Robert Eddy. But our youth actually showed they are AFL quality during their careers to date, and more importantly in the heat of finals. Our best players in the finals were a mixture of 25-27 year olds (Cross, Lake, Morris, Hargy, etc..) and the under 22's (led by Griffen, and most of your list above including Tiller). That leads me to be comfortable with the quality of the majority of our list for the next 3-4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    I think Tiller is already miles in front of Skipper and Wight who have had twice as long as him.
    On pure intensity I agree. He was playing Werribee reserves at the start of last year, and still needs to put on some kgs but is realistically our most improved player over the last season and a half (apologies to Harbrow & Hill).