• Wight

3 8.57%
  • Lynch

4 11.43%
  • Eagleton (retired)

5 14.29%
  • Street (possibly traded)

9 25.71%
  • (Rookie) Shaw/Mulligan (Specify in text)

0 0%
  • Bring Back Bartlett

3 8.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 22 - The season proper over, whose career ends

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Tiller anyone?
    Not for me. Has improvement left. Afterall he was taken a year early. Good size and movement, just needs to take the first option. Needs to be used forward and more attacking.

Hold.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We still have a finals series and we are involved at 3 levels. This could make or break a few.

As it currently stands, my thoughts;

Mcdougall - delisted
    Lynch - delisted
    O'Shea - delisted
    Wight - delisted
    West - retired
    I pretty much agree with this although I think O'Shea will not be completely lost to the club.
    It also comes down to Wight or Skipper and depending on the trade period might determine of one or both of them are moved on. I think they would be more likely to stick with Wight than Skipper.

I wonder if Street will want to stay on for another season as a back-up
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I pretty much agree with this although I think O'Shea will not be completely lost to the club.
    It also comes down to Wight or Skipper and depending on the trade period might determine of one or both of them are moved on. I think they would be more likely to stick with Wight than Skipper.

I wonder if Street will want to stay on for another season as a back-up
    I think a young kid could produce the same level of performance as Street so I'd rather not keep him

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bit of a chat to some of the guys on the weekend and I am of the belief that we are looking at 5 (possibly 6) changes and I believe that we have a draft smokey well and truly in our sight.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bit of a chat to some of the guys on the weekend and I am of the belief that we are looking at 5 (possibly 6) changes and I believe that we have a draft smokey well and truly in our sight.
    That's good, will be interesting to see who we pick up. Especially as it is Clayton's last draft with us. Thanks for the info GVG as always much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Doogs
    Lynch
    Skipper
    O'Shea (Rookie)
    West (retired) and/or Street traded for a pick

As best as i can get to making up 5 or 6.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised so many have written off Lynch so early and in particular those who suggest he has a bad attitude.
    From what i can recall, the coaching staff have actually implied quite the opposite and when he was recruited there were big wraps with regard to his matureness etc.

Also, hasn't he been injured for just about the whole season with some kind of hamstring/back related injury that the club only recently disclosed to the general public?

Personally, I was really impressed with him last preseason and would be quite disappointed if he was cut from the list so soon. IMO he has shown far more than Stack, just hasn't been able to get his body right. Suprised nobody has mention stack as a possibilty either.

Am I the only one who fails to see his potential?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    I'm surprised so many have written off Lynch so early and in particular those who suggest he has a bad attitude.
    From what i can recall, the coaching staff have actually implied quite the opposite and when he was recruited there were big wraps with regard to his matureness etc.

Also, hasn't he been injured for just about the whole season with some kind of hamstring/back related injury that the club only recently disclosed to the general public?

Personally, I was really impressed with him last preseason and would be quite disappointed if he was cut from the list so soon. IMO he has shown far more than Stack, just hasn't been able to get his body right. Suprised nobody has mention stack as a possibilty either.

Am I the only one who fails to see his potential?
    You have failed to be told the real story in regards to Lynch.

Post Thanks / Like

Care to enlighten me.

PM perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Doogs
    Skipper
    Lynch
    Street
    O'shea on rookie list
    must keep Cam Wight
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We still have a finals series and we are involved at 3 levels. This could make or break a few.

As it currently stands, my thoughts;

Mcdougall - delisted
    Lynch - delisted
    O'Shea - delisted
    Wight - delisted
    West - retired

Undecided on Eagle and Skipper at the moment.

In a year where it is a strong draft and the last one in some time to be uncompromised an extra pick or two at the expense of those who are struggling may be the way to go.
    Interesting that you have Wight being moved on and Skipper staying Doc. I'm almost convinced it will be the other way.

Would have thought that Wight has probably shown more than Skipper, and still has more upside than him too.

Post Thanks / Like

As a team we have been crying out for more height in defense and attack for years.
    Skipper's had 8 years on the list. Wight's had 6. Tillers had 4.
    Despite our obvious need for talls none of them can hold down a senior spot.
    In a word. GONE. All of them.
    Delisted or traded.

Eagleton should go but won't want to.
    West should give his knee a proper rest over summer and play another year (maybe more).
    Street will be desperate to be traded but it's kind of good having him in the wings if we need him.
    There's no one else to turn to if Will or Hudson go down or need a rest.
    Lynch. Mmmm. Another chance I think.
    O'Shea on to rookie list. (great idea)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    As a team we have been crying out for more height in defense and attack for years.
    Skipper's had 8 years on the list. Wight's had 6. Tillers had 4.
    Despite our obvious need for talls none of them can hold down a senior spot.
    In a word. GONE. All of them.
    Delisted or traded.

Eagleton should go but won't want to.
    West should give his knee a proper rest over summer and play another year (maybe more).
    Street will be desperate to be traded but it's kind of good having him in the wings if we need him.
    There's no one else to turn to if Will or Hudson go down or need a rest.
    Lynch. Mmmm. Another chance I think.
    O'Shea on to rookie list. (great idea)
    Unfortunately Skips year has been ruined by injury - the coaching staff have to decide if there is a role for him when fit or not and make the call. Wight is really at the crossroads and the finals may decide his career.

Tiller is very close to the most improved player on the list in the past 18 months and is certain to be retained, I acknowledge he still needs to improve more if he is going to be a regular senior player.

Eagle has more than his share of doubters amongst our fans, but he has taken on a smaller role (bench player) this year and been a solid contributor - he's played like every senior game for the past 4 seasons. Whilst he is closer to the end than the start I think its a bit premature to expect this to be his last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Interesting that you have Wight being moved on and Skipper staying Doc. I'm almost convinced it will be the other way.

Would have thought that Wight has probably shown more than Skipper, and still has more upside than him too.
    You may be right.

From my observations I think Skip is a better footballer. His fate may well be linked with whatever may happen to Street as I doubt both will go.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the change in the draft age and the addition of the GC, I think we need 6 picks this year.

Delist:

- McDougall (well, he has retired anyway).
    - O'Shea (try and rookie list I guess, but is he ever going to be a strong every week contributor).
    - Wight (see O'Shea without the rookie list option. Has some talent, but not a 22 week AFL player).
    - Street (Not sure what value he is adding now. He is a backup only and nearing 30).
    - Lynch (Passed by too many others. Small, light framed and lacking in commitment).
    - Skipper (Like Wight, has never been able to nail a spot. Too small to play in the position he has the most aptitude for (ruck) which is a shame for him I guess).

West can make his own decision. We should back him in if he wants to go again - he has had two bad years injury wise (1996 and 2008) in his career...that said, he is not going to get any better so I would understand if he was encouraged to retire.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.