Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Jebus I'm nervous....

Who cares about the Adelaide game? Sure we need a bit of form going into the finals but once the national anthem starts up on Friday week the boys will give it everything they've got regardless of the result this Saturday. I am so nervous about the first final now I can barely contain myself. Is anyone else nervous? After the year we have had we know we can match it with 6 of the other teams in the finals race, we have a great chance to do something special. Should I be getting excited? I don't know, is 97 going to happen all over again and I am going to fall flat on my face? I don't know. Feel's like I am in love all over again. If the Crows beat us on Saturday St.Kilda will have to play them over there in an Elimination final. I like that idea, I'm worried about the Saints, they've been playing ok. I am also more worried about North than the Hawks. Imagine when the siren sounds for the first quarter this Friday week. Geez we've been waiting along time to be in this position. Are we capable of something special?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jebus I'm nervous....

I was only thinking the same thing this morning. I am so nervous already, and we are still 9 days away from the game.

I am going to Adelaide this weekend, but it seems like such an anti climax. I can't stop thinking about the Hawthorn game. At least I can go to Adelaide and have a few beers, knowing that the result does not have any real menaning.

Bring on next Friday (or even Monday morning, when we have our tickets in our hands)
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry, your def not the only nervous one going around.. haha.

I have not been to a bulldogs final, I too am going to the game in Adelaide but more interested in visiting friends over there.. the game is gunna be good im sure but win, lose or draw we face Hawks that one day (in the first week) of September.

I will be shaking in my boots as i hand over money for what is going to be by far the biggest crowd i will sit in at the MCG..(except the Roos/Cats prelim i went to in 199...4 i think..so far back i cant remember it).

Post Thanks / Like

Its a funny feeling this year as the last 5 or so games to me have been strange as all I can think of is the first final. Never have we been in such a position. (one of the reasons I hate a final 8 system)

I must admit, the anticipation is unbelievable and if there was ever a final I wanted to win (other than Prelim and GF), this is the one. I know too many Hawks supporters and the way they are so arrogant about their team and the excuses you hear, why they lost the round 10 clash, just makes me feel I want us to come out and really give it to them.

Bring it on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good part about finals seating is that you're likely surrounded by your own kind - so if you get smashed, at least you won't feel the heat until you trudge to the Cricketers post siren.

It's come around quick - my perspective is that at the start of the year, 3rd was off the radar by some margin (I was going to be happy with another elimination final) so go in with an open mind. We might get pasted, but if our midfield can play to their best and we take our chances (and hope Buddy kicks his usual more points than goals) then we're a chance for a week off.

Just don't count on it

Oh, and love for the Homer 'Jebus' reference, too funny
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

To quote Dennis Denuto from the movie The Castle "I'm shittin myself Darryl"

phroosh Guest

Yup, I'm nervous. I've only been to losing finals, (I live in Adelaide) so I'm actually thinking of skipping the first final, and then fronting up to our second one, (which is hopefully a prelim..).

Especially if it's a Friday night game, which will be tough to get to from here.

And if we somehow end up playing Adelaide in a prelim, "nervous" will be replaced by "suicide watch".

Post Thanks / Like

If we lose then win, we'll get Geelong in the prelim. If we win and then win we'll see them Grand Final Day, assuming they win against North. It's as simple as that and on Grand Final day dreams come true.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best i have felt since 85 i think our backline will be hard against it but they are a resilliant group so i think they will equip themselves well
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    This is the best i have felt since 85 i think our backline will be hard against it but they are a resilliant group so i think they will equip themselves well
    We haven't had a decent backline since 1985. The 1992 team was mising Peter Foster who would have made the difference against Geelong. The 1997 backline was ok, but very short, no one over 190cm, and the 1998 backline, well what can I say with Smith on that dud Robran. I would be happier of course if Williams was in, but of the players available, Wight must play next week. I am surprised he isnot playing today.

So, nervous, yes, with an uncertain backline for next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We haven't had a decent backline since 1985. The 1992 team was mising Peter Foster who would have made the difference against Geelong. The 1997 backline was ok, but very short, no one over 190cm, and the 1998 backline, well what can I say with Smith on that dud Robran. I would be happier of course if Williams was in, but of the players available, Wight must play next week. I am surprised he isnot playing today.

So, nervous, yes, with an uncertain backline for next week.
    Will he come in for Hargrave?