Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you prefer, Hill or Rioli?

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    I want to tell you in 365 days "I'd take Jarod Grant every day of the week".

Hill has a wider range of skills i think, but Rioli seems more deadly around goals.
    Thats the thing I keep thinking - I hope Grant develops because Rioli has been a cant miss talent from day 1

Post Thanks / Like

God those stats are telling.

Media hype in deed. Where is the 'Josh for rising star" push.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Thats the thing I keep thinking - I hope Grant develops because Rioli has been a cant miss talent from day 1
    I'd rather the club be bold and take a guy like Grant to fill our needs than be pussies and take a safe option.

Franklin wasn't a sure thing so Hawthorn's guts paid off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'd rather the club be bold and take a guy like Grant to fill our needs than be pussies and take a safe option.

Franklin wasn't a sure thing so Hawthorn's guts paid off.
    I know exactly what you are saying, and we desperately needed some key forward options on the list, but if Grant is a Tim Walsh like pick then it will always be disappointing for us.

The vibe I got last year was that Grant was the 5th pick because we needed a tall - I hope I am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

The vibe I got last year was that Grant was the 5th pick because we needed a tall - I hope I am wrong.
    I know what you're saying.

Hopefully Grant turns out to be a solid KF, otherwise, it's going to be sour grapes because there have been a few very talented players taken afterwards.

It doesn't help Grant has suffered OP this year, we've been unable to see him perform basically at all. Hopefully he can get over that, build some muscle, have a solid pre-season and show his potential next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hill has far more upside to his game as for Grant he was always going top ten and was a good get for us
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a player so young so comfortable flying for an overhead mark. Almost lackadaisical at times, and never drops it. During the Essendon game it was at the point where we'd kick to him on a one-on-one at halfback/wing because we knew he'd end up with it.

His disposal does need some work but I think we've got a gem on our hands with Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Henderson was one people were hyping up as the best pure KPP in the draft. Clayton thought Grant was better, knowing the Demons would take Morton who Clayton rated highly as well (according to that extensive Age article from a while back)

Post Thanks / Like

But Grant and Rioli have nothing to do with each other. We wouldn't have picked up Rioli if we didn't pick Grant.

Post Thanks / Like

With no disrespect to everyone, Rioli is several classes above young Josh. Josh can be a reasonable AFL player...Junior has the potential to be a superstar.

Pick 10 (or something) compared with pick 50....that is what the difference usually is!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Hill, he's a different type of player and can't be compared to Rioli in the current context. He'll take another year but he'll be a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    But Grant and Rioli have nothing to do with each other. We wouldn't have picked up Rioli if we didn't pick Grant.
    Are you sure about that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    With no disrespect to everyone, Rioli is several classes above young Josh. Josh can be a reasonable AFL player...Junior has the potential to be a superstar.

Pick 10 (or something) compared with pick 50....that is what the difference usually is!
    What picks were Chris Grant and James Hird again? Sorry, but I'm not too impressed with Rioli honestly gives me a Leon Davis/Winston Abraham vibe. I hope I'm wrong though as I'd love another indigenous superstar to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Trent Cotchin has got them all covered.
    In what must be a WOOF first..... I agree with you Jerry, Cotchin looks a very special player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    I hope I'm wrong though as I'd love another indigenous superstar to watch.
    Hill

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.