Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you prefer, Hill or Rioli?

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    What picks were Chris Grant and James Hird again? Sorry, but I'm not too impressed with Rioli honestly gives me a Leon Davis/Winston Abraham vibe. I hope I'm wrong though as I'd love another indigenous superstar to watch.
    Chris Grant and James Hird? From an altogether different drafting era...don't even go there with that sort of stuff. If you think the professionalism of the clubs with regards to recruiting hasn't increased 1000 fold then you haven't been watching.

I am curious though - what exactly does Rioli have to do to impress you? He is kicking goals, setting up goals, laying tackles and has slotted into a permanent spot in a top 2 side at just 18 years of age in his first full year in it....who was our last draftee who managed to slot into the side from round 1, let alone stay there and make an impact?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Rioli may turn out to be a Jeff Farmer type 'Wiz'.
    All flash and some incredible games here and there.
    People were talking for years about Farmer as a mid fielder and how great he would be but............

Hill looks like a cross between Long and Winmar. I know that's best case scenario but he's already shown he's exceptional overhead. Especially in contested situations and that's something we REALLY need as a club. As his confidence grows I can see him doing all the things Rioli does but with even more scope as a player. He has the height and spring to play tall and the skills and athleticism to play as a 'small'.

Rioli is definitely ahead now but I love Josh and the way he plays so I'm backing him in.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Ward vs Rioli?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What about Ward vs Rioli?
    What about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What about it?
    Interested in who would be preferred.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Interested in who would be preferred.
    Riloi at this stage is more accomplished, however, Ward is younger and only trains part time due to schooling. Next year will tell us more once Ward has a proper preseason and is able to get his fitness up a few levels.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.