Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand Final Registration Info

Received this in the mail today:

PRIORITY 1A MEMBERS
    WESTERNERS, PLAYER SPONSORS, TOP DOGS, PAST PLAYERS & OFFICIALS, LIFE PAST PLAYERS, LIFE MEMBERS, PREMIERSHIP GOLD, PREMIERSHIP SILVER
    As a valued Priority 1A Member we are pleased to offer you guaranteed access to purchase a 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final ticket if the Western Bulldogs are a competing Grand Final team. You will be required to register your intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket via Ticketmaster’s automated phone service or via the internet during an exclusive Priority 1A registration period.
    Scenario One
    If the Western Bulldogs WIN in week 1 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series, the registrations will take place on Thursday 11th September between 8.00am and 12.00pm.

Scenario Two
    If the Western Bulldogs LOSE in week 1 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series and then WIN in week 2 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series the registrations will take place on Thursday 18th September between 8.00am and 12.00pm.

PRIORITY 1B MEMBERS
    FULL BRONZE, FULL CHEERSQUAD, FULL GENERAL ADMISSION
    The Western Bulldogs have organised the following ticketing arrangements for all Priority 1B Members, for the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final if the Western Bulldogs are a competing Grand Final team. You will be required to register your intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket via Ticketmaster’s automated phone service or via the internet.
    Scenario One
    If the Western Bulldogs WIN in week 1 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series, the registrations will take place on Thursday 11th September between 12.00pm and 4.30pm.

Scenario Two
    If the Western Bulldogs LOSE in week 1 2008 AFL Finals Series and then WIN in week 2 2008 AFL Finals Series the registrations will take place on Thursday 18th September between 12.00pm and 4.30pm.

NB – If you posses a Full Cheersquad membership and have successfully secured a ticket through the Cheersquad Grand Final ticket ballot, you are not eligible to register again.

PRIORITY 2 MEMBERS
    ALL REMAINING SEASON TICKET MEMBERS
    The Western Bulldogs , in consultation with the AFL have organised the following ticketing arrangements for all Priority 2 Members, for the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final if the Western Bulldogs are a competing Grand Final team. You will be required to register your intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket via Ticketmaster’s automated phone service or via the internet.
    Scenario One
    If the Western Bulldogs WIN in week 1 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series, the registrations will take place on Thursday 11th September between 5.00pm and 11.00pm.

Scenario Two
    If the Western Bulldogs LOSE in week 1 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series and then WIN in week 2 of the 2008 AFL Finals Series the registrations will take place on Thursday 18th September between 5.00pm and 11.00pm.

Please note any Priority Group 1A or 1B members who do not register in the designated time frame or instead elect to register within the Priority Group 2 time frame, will waive their right to a guaranteed ticket.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL MEMBERS

A non-refundable registration fee of $5 per member will be charged at the time of registration to cover administration costs.

PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED BY CREDIT CARD ONLY (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Diners Club)

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO REGISTER BY TELEPHONE OR INTERNET - there will be no over the counter sales of Grand Final tickets. You will be required to register your intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket via an automated phone service or via the internet.

All registrations will be randomised, so that all members have equal opportunity to obtain a Grand Final ticket. There is no need to panic if you are not able to get through when you first call.
    REGISTERING VIA TELEPHONE – During your allocated time frame you can call Ticketmaster on 1300 799 753to register your interest. It does not matter what time you register within your allocated time frame.

REGISTERING VIA INTERNET – During your allocated time frame log on to www.ticketmaster.com.au and select the Western Bulldogs Grand Final registration icon. If you choose to register via the Ticketmaster website, please ensure you have a My Ticketmaster Account before registering. If you don’t have one already, we recommend logging on to www.ticketmaster.com.au and selecting ‘My Ticketmaster’ to sign-up at least 24hrs prior to registering for Grand Final tickets.
    There will be no option to choose seats, tickets will be allocated on a best available basis from the highest price seating through to the lowest price. When registering, members can elect to accept standing room should these be the only tickets available. This applies to all barcodes registered in the transaction. Members who are mobility impaired and requiring special access i.e. wheelchair and companion card holders should indicate this at the appropriate time during registration. A Ticketmaster representative will then call you to confirm requirements.
    Members wishing to sit together must register as a group in one transaction using one credit card. A limit of eight (8) tickets per transaction applies (i.e. only eight barcodes will be accepted per transaction). You will be required to enter a Member barcode for each ticket you wish to purchase e.g. if purchasing four (4) tickets you will need four (4) Member barcodes. Members should be aware that applications with more than one seat are “one in all in” or “one out all out” – group bookings will not be split.

A supervised random computer ballot based on registrations will be carried out by Ticketmaster should the Western Bulldogs qualify for the Grand Final. For those in Priority Group 1A and 1B, this will determine the order of allocating tickets - registered members in this group are guaranteed a ticket. For Priority Group 2 members, this will decide a) who is successful, and b) the order in which tickets will be allocated.

Should the Western Bulldogs win their Preliminary Final, Ticketmaster will process your registration and debit your credit card within 24 hours of completion of the preliminary final.

Members should be aware that the charge to your credit card will be from the list below depending on category availability at the time of booking:

Seating Category Adult Concession
    Premium $213.00 $145.00
    Prime $185.50 $126.00
    Standard $161.00 $108.00
    Standing/Restricted $142.50 $97.00

Members should have sufficient funds to cover the range of ticket prices below in addition to the $5 non refundable registration fee (per ticket). Prices charged will depend upon availability at time of allocation.

Adult members may only purchase tickets at Adult prices and Junior/Concession members may purchase at the Concession price only. Members wishing to sit together must register at the same time and all tickets will be charged to the one credit card. A maximum of 8 barcodes will be accepted per registration. Members are reminded that applications with more than one seat are “one in all in” or “one out all out” – group bookings will not be split.

If the Western Bulldogs DO make the Grand Final…
    As advised above, members who have registered their intention to buy a Grand Final ticket will have their credit card charged the cost of the ticket once it has been confirmed that the Western Bulldogs will participate in the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final. Priority Group 2 members will only be debited for a Grand Final ticket if they have been successful in the ballot for tickets.

Following the allocation of Grand Final tickets, any rejected credit cards will be followed up the day after the Preliminary Final. This will be either Saturday 20 or Sunday 21 September. Any payments that have not cleared by 5.00pm (EST) on the designated follow up day will be cancelled. These tickets will be reallocated to the member(s) next in the ballot. It is advised that credit card limits and fund availability is checked prior to registration.

All members who register will be given a Ticketmaster account number confirming that your registration has been completed. Please DO NOT ring the club to check if you have been successful in the registration or to check your seating details as we will not be able to help you.

Priority Group 2 members can log on to the Ticketmaster website at www.ticketmaster.com.au and select the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final icon or the Western Bulldogs website at www.westernbulldogs.com.au from 9:00am on Monday 22 September to see if your registration in the ballot was successful by checking for your Ticketmaster account number. Both successful and unsuccessful account numbers will appear on these websites.

Priority Group 1A and 1B members will be advised of their ticket allocation upon collection of tickets.

Unsuccessful registrations will not be charged for Grand Final tickets, although the $5 registration fee (per ticket) will be retained to cover administration costs incurred in the set up.

Grand Final tickets will be available for collection from 12.00pm Monday 22 September from all Ticketmaster outlets including Whitten Oval. Alternatively, the Ticketmaster box office at the MCG (Gate 3) will also be available on Grand Final Day for ticket collections from 8am. Tickets must be collected by the credit card holder who has paid for the tickets who will be required to sign before collection. You will also be required to quote your Ticketmaster account number at the time of collection.

If the Western Bulldogs DO NOT make the Grand Final…
    Ticketmaster will not charge members for tickets; however the $5 registration fee paid at the time of registration is retained to cover administration costs.

for westernbulldogs.com.au
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grand Final Registration Info

I've heard a few people complaining about the $5 fee. What would you prefer, queuing up in the rain, or paying a minimal fee to do it in the comfort of your lounge room.

I got my letters yesterday and couldn't believe my eyes when one of them said that they were a Group 2 member, and not 1B. I then checked the membership ticket, and to my shock it only had member rather than full member on it. (I can't believe I had never noticed it before, although it is not my ticket)

I than checked how much I had been paying each month, and it adds up to the correct amount (which includes social club membership)

I have rang the club this morning, and they are looking in to.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I've heard a few people complaining about the $5 fee. What would you prefer, queuing up in the rain, or paying a minimal fee to do it in the comfort of your lounge room.
    Is it $5 just to queue up for a draw you are most likely to miss out on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    The $5 is 'Administration Costs' associated with registering. I'm happy to pay it to guarantee me GF tickets.
    So let me get this straight. As a regular member, I can guarantee myself access to GF ticket (if we make) for the cost of $5.

I thought that was half the problem? What if all membersdo this?

I bet the internet and phones are jammed in that time period say if we win this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    So let me get this straight. As a regular member, I can guarantee myself access to GF ticket (if we make) for the cost of $5.

I thought that was half the problem? What if all membersdo this?

I bet the internet and phones are jammed in that time period say if we win this week.
    You need to read the info above, or your letter. If you are a prioiity 1A member, then you are guaranteed a GF ticket.

Check to see which one applies to you.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It is ridiculous to pay $5 to be drawn in a ballot. If I get the ticket I could care less

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It is ridiculous to pay $5 to be drawn in a ballot. If I get the ticket I could care less
    Alternative?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Grand Final Registration Info

I've got two issues with this. Firstly, what mention of Foundation Full Members? None.

Reward for loyalty? Nill. Poor form.

Secondly, lets do the maths. If I understand correctly, Ticketmaster stand to collect $5 from every member of the 4 clubs that play in the prelims. No guarantee of a ticket, just $5 to go into a ballot and/or distribution timing list.

Say 30,000 members per club, 4 clubs, $5 per member, hey presto, $600,000.00

That's a nice chunk of change in anyones language. And for what? Collecting names, and doling out tickets to the lucky winners.

Didn't we already pay 100's of dollars to be members? Don't we pay extra for finals tickets anyway? How is it that these tickets are so special?

And to top it off, 2 teams members will pay to go on a list that will never be used.

$$$ into the AFL/Ticketmasters coffers, that's all it is.

NB

Post Thanks / Like

So am I right in understanding that we are in a scenario 2 situation?

Post Thanks / Like

yes we are

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Grand Final Registration Info

A quick troll around the opposition websites today revealed my maths was wrong, but only raised my ire.

Non-refundable rego fees:

Cats: $3.00
    Saints: $3.00
    Hawks: $3.50
    Bulldogs $5.00

What the hell? Where is this money going? Did Collo (Huck, Thaaa) set the prices?

Does anyone know why we're being bent over (again) this way?

Anyone got the email address of someone at the club?

Absolutely disgracefull.

NB

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday 8am-12pm for me..

I didnt realise the rego fees were different, thats bizarre.

Im happy to pay cause its only $5...but why its different to other clubs makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Thursday 8am-12pm for me..

I didnt realise the rego fees were different, thats bizarre.

Im happy to pay cause its only $5...but why its different to other clubs makes no sense.
    Thursday 8am - 12 for me too.

Got a little excited and tried to register early

Next time l will read the form.

Madone Guest

Got the message today that if we win this weekend my G/F tickets will be in the mail.

Go Doggies

Post Thanks / Like

This little SCAM is going to reap somedody a cool $160,000 just to do absolutely nothing IE; do not proccess the application.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 17-09-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Who Gets What