Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week - any changes?

I think we have a number of players available for next week. If so how many changes would they make?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next week - any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blogger View Post
    I think we have a number of players available for next week. If so how many changes would they make?
    According to one of the online papers there will be 4 more players available that were not present today -

"Eade expected to have Ryan Hargrave, Nathan Eagleton, Dale Morris and Peter Street back in his lineup for next weekend."

Here is the article

Dogs dine out in Canberra on Swans

I would think a few changes would be made just to give everyone a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    According to one of the online papers there will be 4 more players available that were not present today -

"Eade expected to have Ryan Hargrave, Nathan Eagleton, Dale Morris and Peter Street back in his lineup for next weekend."

Here is the article

Dogs dine out in Canberra on Swans

I would think a few changes would be made just to give everyone a go.
    I’d also like to see Hill & Andrejs.

Harbrow & Lynch for those boys.

Probably 3 of those playing above – For Skipper, Dmac perhaps Wight if injured?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle, Morris and Street maybe, but has Shaggie done any real track work yet that would suggest he is ready for the contest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Eagle, Morris and Street maybe, but has Shaggie done any real track work yet that would suggest he is ready for the contest?
    I know what you are saying about Shaggy but Robbins hadn't really done anything either and performed in typically Robbins fashion.
    My guess it will be Morris and Eagleton back into the team.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    I’d also like to see Hill & Andrejs.

Harbrow & Lynch for those boys.

Probably 3 of those playing above – For Skipper, Dmac perhaps Wight if injured?
    If Hughes is available I'd like to see him get a game as well. He's looked good a few times in the intra club games and it could be a great chance to see how he performs in what should be a big game for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Aker against the Lions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know what you are saying about Shaggy but Robbins hadn't really done anything either and performed in typically Robbins fashion.
    My guess it will be Morris and Eagleton back into the team.
    I agree Morris and Eagle (maybe Street) but on the other point, Robbins wasn't coming back from a major ankle op.

Post Thanks / Like

Given that the extreme heat policy was invoked for the Swans match, there were 8 players on the bench. This will be reduced to 6 for the Lions match (unless it's very hot again), so 2 players will drop out automatically. If Morris, Street & Eagleton come in, then which 5 will drop out?

Street - Skipper
    Morris - McCormack
    Eagleton - Baird
    Tough decision, maybe Pask & Montgomery.

I wouldn't like to be the one to make the final cut. Good position to be in tho.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Given that the extreme heat policy was invoked for the Swans match, there were 8 players on the bench. This will be reduced to 6 for the Lions match (unless it's very hot again), so 2 players will drop out automatically. If Morris, Street & Eagleton come in, then which 5 will drop out?

Street - Skipper
    Morris - McCormack
    Eagleton - Baird
    Tough decision, maybe Pask & Montgomery.

I wouldn't like to be the one to make the final cut. Good position to be in tho.
    What you have suggested looks pretty good to me. My only reservation will be if any of the young recruiuts come up a bit sore and its decided to not risk injury. As you say a healthy possie to be in, and plenty more to come back, so even more hard decisions to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to keep developing Baird, I would like to see him have some game time. I would prefer to drop Pask as he is a rookie any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think we need to keep developing Baird, I would like to see him have some game time. I would prefer to drop Pask as he is a rookie any way.
    I agree re: Baird. I paid a lot of attention to his games late last year and think he has enough potential and enough weapons to be a handy player. His marking hands are as good as anyone's at the club, he is unbelievable. He can't play defence that became evident, but he needs to top level game time to see just what we have.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    I agree re: Baird. I paid a lot of attention to his games late last year and think he has enough potential and enough weapons to be a handy player. His marking hands are as good as anyone's at the club, he is unbelievable. He can't play defence that became evident, but he needs to top level game time to see just what we have.
    Is he a player without a true position though? To me he is a classic tallish type who can't play a KP and isn't skilled enough or have enough pace to play a season on a flank or in a pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blogger View Post
    Its a very important game for the club so I would look at replacing the rookies with as many senior players that are available but I just wouldn't take any undue risks with any of the senior guys. If they are not right lets stick with the youngsters.
    Morris is an absolute must if he is available though. We need to assemble a backline while Harris is not available.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is he a player without a true position though? To me he is a classic tallish type who can't play a KP and isn't skilled enough or have enough pace to play a season on a flank or in a pocket.
    Are you suggesting Baird is the new K-Mac?