Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turned The TV off

We left just before 3 quarter time, arrived at Jolimont station and even saw a Hawks fan there - my brother said 'thought you'd hang around' his reply was 'seen it all before'

A little random

Been a member my entire adult life, will continue to be, and will continue to leave games at 3 qtr time if we're 10 goals down. No shame in it for mine, power to you if you feel compelled to stick it out to the bitter end, just don't attack others for doing something different.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    To all of you that left early, you show no character whatsoever. Weak as PISS. If our team shows no spirit at least our supporters can.

I've never left a game early in my life.
    Congratulations.
    I left at the 22 minute mark of the last when Franklin took a mark 40 out because I couldn't bare to watch that ****wit kick another (he missed). I'm not sure what's weak about leaving early. Do you stick through a crap movie to the end, never change the channel midway through a TV show or turn up and stay till the end of the support band, never leaving to buy a drink even if they suck?

Different people react differently. I'm not sure leaving early is a sign of weakness, frustration perhaps, disappointment for sure. Anyway, apparently you went hard, many of us went home...early.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Congratulations.
    I left at the 22 minute mark of the last when Franklin took a mark 40 out because I couldn't bare to watch that ****wit kick another (he missed). I'm not sure what's weak about leaving early. Do you stick through a crap movie to the end, never change the channel midway through a TV show or turn up and stay till the end of the support band, never leaving to buy a drink even if they suck?
    Different people react differently. I'm not sure leaving early is a sign of weakness, frustration perhaps, disappointment for sure. Anyway, apparently you went hard, many of us went home...early.

It does not matter....these are things that you have not had (hopefully) a life long affiliation with ......get to the game and Friday and stay till the end......

Post Thanks / Like

It does not matter....these are things that you have not had (hopefully) a life long affiliation with ......get to the game and Friday and stay till the end......
    I don't know, I've been watching TV for a while, anyway, here's hoping they give everyone a reason to stay.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the game early and got my hopes and entire weekend shattered by that pathetic effort. Give me 1 good reason to stay til the end of that display and I will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Because you're a member and a f@#$in' supporter that's why. Have a look at what they've achieved this year. Pull your collective heads in and stick with 'em. We're not blessed with superstars like some other teams, but I wake up each morning and think i'm f@#$in' lucky to be a bulldogs supporter.

Apologies for the language but sometimes only certain words will do.
    Look at what they have done this year. Exactly the same as last year. Started off strongly and finished off $hit house. If they're only going to play half a year they can expect their membership to drop again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by namdarb View Post
    Look at what they have done this year. Exactly the same as last year. Started off strongly and finished off $hit house. If they're only going to play half a year they can expect their membership to drop again next year.
    Last year we limped through the first half - winning 9 of 16. We were just barely going and certainly not playing that well. This year has been very different...this year has also brought hope as the side running around is a lot younger/inexperienced than last years group.

I always stay to the end. Fine. I never (rarely) abuse the umpires. I never (rarely) bag the opposition. Other people respond and act differently which is their prerogative...If people want to leave early, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter - it just means they react differently to frustration. I will never understand people who leave before about the 10-15 min mark of the last quarter - you never know! - but whatever.

That said, if you are talking about not rejoining as a member after the club finished third on the basis of 'lack on on-field effort', then that is a joke and you are not a supporter of the club. When the club folds/gets relocated to outer-Siberia it is you who will be to blame. You want to have a club to support? Pay your membership.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That said, if you are talking about not rejoining as a member after the club finished third on the basis of 'lack on on-field effort', then that is a joke and you are not a supporter of the club. When the club folds/gets relocated to outer-Siberia it is you who will be to blame. You want to have a club to support? Pay your membership.
    Yes agree MJP..........not too many Golf club members who have a bad day on the course come back to the club house and threaten not to rejoin the club.

Supporters have to get out of the mentality that the footy membership isnot just a ticket to go to matches, but rather a membership of a community of like minded people who support their club through thick and thin. At the end of the day, it only costs about the same as a cup of coffee per week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Last year we limped through the first half - winning 9 of 16. We were just barely going and certainly not playing that well. This year has been very different...this year has also brought hope as the side running around is a lot younger/inexperienced than last years group.

I always stay to the end. Fine. I never (rarely) abuse the umpires. I never (rarely) bag the opposition. Other people respond and act differently which is their prerogative...If people want to leave early, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter - it just means they react differently to frustration. I will never understand people who leave before about the 10-15 min mark of the last quarter - you never know! - but whatever.

Common sense respect the fact people react differently and its their choice. I can honestly say that this has been the first game that I have left early on my own accord. The 1st was because my Grand Father had a heart attack and I had to leave. (Not sure if that lacks character.)

I am still filthy on the efforts but footy is a funny game and it can be turned around. I look forward to calling up Ticketmaster on Monday and reserving my ticket once again and handing over my hard earned to attend our next game. There is nothing we can do now about last Fridays game except move on and prepare for our next challenge, Sydney.

And people that hold the club to ransom with memberships well I don't even think it is worth while even comenting on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnascray View Post
    What's a Hathorn supporter doing on this forum?
    Mate.....Im a full member and I have been a doggies supporter since I was a kid and have gone to about 66% of games in Melbourne since 1975.........The only reason that the percentage is so low is that I played footy myself on a Saturday Afternoon for 15 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Got to the game early and got my hopes and entire weekend shattered by that pathetic effort. Give me 1 good reason to stay til the end of that display and I will.
    Because you are part of the team and teams succeed with solidarity.....not capitulation during tough times!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tough times for 54 years. People are slowly getting sick of this. Whenever we look like a good year is on the cards they fall over when the heat is applied.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 07-09-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Lord (or Chris)

Just give me one Grand Final before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Even a Port Power-type pantsing against Geelong, I'll take it and thank you for it and rest easy.

Even wretched Melbourne gave their supporters a recent one. Even the bloody Saints!

Give me strength to make it through this weeks semi final without bitterness towards my swans supporting friends.

Amen

Post Thanks / Like

Because you are part of the team and teams succeed with solidarity.....not capitulation during tough times!!!!!!!!!
    So I should have left at the start of the 2nd quarter along with about 20 of our players?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnascray View Post
    It made absolutely no difference except that I didn't have to catch a train full of Hawthorn supporters home.
    I left at three-quarter time and still magaged to cop a trainfull of Hawks supporters.
    One lady in particular, raving on at TWO IN THE MORNING that "Buddy was robbed of a goal" OVER AND OVER. Then got started on Hodge and his lack of possesions, ut "what he did with them was good".
    I muttered under my breath at her to shut up, then loudly proclaimed, "Yeah well get over it, we were robbed of a TEAM".

Ergh, horrid people.