Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Memo to match Committee

2 points I'd make:

1. Lake is a FB and not a CHB. He gets lost when he is away from the goals and by that I mean his man has a tendency to lose him far too easily. Roughhead made him look silly, but he looked much more comfortable playing on Buddy......hindsight!

2. Lake is arguably our best tall defender. He should be getting the best tall forward. There probably isn't much that Lake (or anyone else) can do about a lace out pass which hits Buddy on the chest, but he more than holds his own in a wrestling/marking contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, However i think Ray should be replaced with Ward as he will be the future. (Ray is the new Sam Power) Also I don't like Aker in the back 6 surly Cam Wight could be a go as he could also be thrown into the ruck which he has done some good thing while playing there.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't disagree with the tone of this thread, but wouldn't Everitt have been playing out of his weight range on Franklin or Roughhead also? He certainly doesn't have the strength to go with either and his form this year hasn't warranted him being picked on performance. I'd love to see him come out next year bigger and stronger and ready to play a KP but I'm not sure it'll help us much this month, nor necessarily him.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If the Midfield is getting done, the backline doesn't have a hope in hell of stopping a forward line as potent as Hawthorn's.

As much as we love to pump up Williams, MJP is right. Franklin still put 5 goals past Williams, which turned out to be about half of Hawthorn's score that day. If Williams had've played we might have lost by 5 goals instead of 8.
    2 of those goals were a bit lucky for Franklin where Williams beat him in the contest and brought the ball to ground. Franklin managed to get the ball back due to a lack of support from our other defenders. In one on one contests Williams more than held his own against Franklin that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Nah all fair points BAD

Tiller had the best VFL form, but Roughead probably would have killed him. Everitt on the other hand, maybe he needs a challenge like that. Would have allowed Lake to go with Franklin from the first bounce.
    The way the rules are written - chopping the arms I mean - a 6' 6" athletic guy who can actually play a bit is undefendable.

Steve Sivagni, Jack Regan, David Dench, wouldn't matter. A big bloke who can jump and catch can't be stopped.

Bruce Doull, Francis Bourke and Steve Kretiuk couldn't play in todays footy, they were all too short. Leo Barry is finished as a fullback (finished altogether?).

In time, every forward will be like Westhoff and every defender like Wight.

Bartlett and his idiot mates are destroying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Wasn't sure why Minson didn't spend more time deep in the forward line last night, though reading the stats this morning this was maybe more a symptom of Hudson's 3 disposals for the night.
    Minson couldn't play FF because Clarkson put Hodge on him. Hodge gave him no respect and set them up beautifully. Even when Minson tried to take him back to the square Hodge didn't go back all the way, that effectively gave them 2 blokes loose - Lewis on the wing and Hodge at HB.

Minson wasn't mobile enough to stop him and never looked like taking a mark to make Hodge be more accountable.

Post Thanks / Like

Granted our midfield problems, but wonder if Wight would have done better on Buddy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Minson couldn't play FF because Clarkson put Hodge on him. Hodge gave him no respect and set them up beautifully. Even when Minson tried to take him back to the square Hodge didn't go back all the way, that effectively gave them 2 blokes loose - Lewis on the wing and Hodge at HB.

Minson wasn't mobile enough to stop him and never looked like taking a mark to make Hodge be more accountable.
    Also becuase Hudson wasn't fit so Minson had to ruck more often than not.