Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next up the Swans

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    That's the spirit, emotions sometimes cloud our views after a loss - once a day or two passes the enthusiasm returns...bring on Friday!
    Mine hasn't.

I just watched the first half again and it was frightenly bad, trying to build up some courage to watch the 3rd str, might skip the last qtr because I ain't real keen on watching the junktime crew stating up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Mine hasn't.

I just watched the first half again and it was frightenly bad, trying to build up some courage to watch the 3rd str, might skip the last qtr because I ain't real keen on watching the junktime crew stating up.
    Ok...try watching those 50m penalties that Buddy gave away to Lake a few times over - the first one where Lake beckoned Buddy towards him and then stepped back over the line then Buddy pushed him over and the other 50 m penalty straight after...that put a little smile on my face. I bypassed the last quarter couldn't watch it.

If that doesn't work add an extra day of mourning - hopefully the enthusiasm returns and if that fails...watch our last two wins against Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BulldogBelle;54904]Ok...try watching those 50m penalties that Buddy gave away to Lake a few times over - the first one where Lake beckoned Buddy towards him and then stepped back over the line then Buddy pushed him over and the other 50 m penalty straight after...that put a little smile on my face.

I loved it - think that if it had been an elimination final and we were out - Lake would have let Buddy have it.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...try watching those 50m penalties that Buddy gave away to Lake a few times over - the first one where Lake beckoned Buddy towards him and then stepped back over the line then Buddy pushed him over and the other 50 m penalty straight after...that put a little smile on my face. I bypassed the last quarter couldn't watch it.

If that doesn't work add an extra day of mourning - hopefully the enthusiasm returns and if that fails...watch our last two wins against Sydney.
    The funny thing about the this bit of play is that after the first 50m penalty we had the ball at CHB. How the hell did the ball end up in the Hawthorn goal square 30sec which resulted in Lake rushing the ball through for another point.

This piece of play made Lake look silly as a footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there again.

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing about the this bit of play is that after the first 50m penalty we had the ball at CHB. How the hell did the ball end up in the Hawthorn goal square 30sec which resulted in Lake rushing the ball through for another point.
    Lake kicked it wide to Morris and Morris back to Lake and by that stage the Hawks had manned up, Lake had nowhere to go retreated back ran around the goal post, Buddy grabbed him and another fifty. How's Buddy lifting up his hand to Lakes face indicating that he had kicked 5 goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake kicked it wide to Morris and Morris back to Lake and by that stage the Hawks had manned up, Lake had nowhere to go retreated back ran around the goal post, Buddy grabbed him and another fifty. How's Buddy lifting up his hand to Lakes face indicating that he had kicked 5 goals.
    So why didn't Lake go direct in the first case? He bolted down to gain an advantage and then kicked it sideways.

I don't mind Buddy, he's arrogant, but he backs it up. He has the same swagger that Carey and Brereton had.

Post Thanks / Like

So why didn't Lake go direct in the first case? He bolted down to gain an advantage and then kicked it sideways.
    Who knows why...Griffen was calling for the ball directly infront. Perhaps he didn't see him.

I don't mind Buddy, he's arrogant, but he backs it up. He has the same swagger that Carey and Brereton had.
    I am Buddy fan, he is a freak to watch - he is good value, except when he turns it on against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows why...Griffen was calling for the ball directly infront. Perhaps he didn't see him.
    It's because Lake is a crayfish, straight from the Craig Ellis school.

I think we found out once and for all that when Lake plays in the back line he plays at FB, no where else.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we found out once and for all that when Lake plays in the back line he plays at FB, no where else.
    I thought we knew that in the first place, have a look at his game against Mooney. I think we all chose to forget that as we matched him up to Roughead (as did the match committee) after the game in Tassie.

Lake has to be at full back, in the goal square, end of story.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought we knew that in the first place, have a look at his game against Mooney. I think we all chose to forget that as we matched him up to Roughead (as did the match committee) after the game in Tassie.

Lake has to be at full back, in the goal square, end of story.
    With the assumption that Roughead would play close to goal, like he usually does. As soon as they isolated Franklin inside 50 Lake should have went to him, if they tried to isolate Roughead swap them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake can play CHB if his opponent isn't leading up time and time again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Lake can play CHB if his opponent isn't leading up time and time again.
    So what the modern day CHF doesn't just stand at CHF with his arms in the air saying, 'Kick to me'.

Please, they all lead up the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

So what the modern day CHF doesn't just stand at CHF with his arms in the air saying, 'Kick to me'.

Please, they all lead up the ground.
    There a few gorillas left that like wrestle a bit more.
    Besides Franklin didn't exactly sit in the square when Lake was on him.
    Lake is sometimes found wanting on leading forwards whether they are playing CHF or FF.
    He look a million bucks when our midfield are winning it more and pressure their inside 50s.
    Its not the biggest problem we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    There a few gorillas left that like wrestle a bit more.
    Besides Franklin didn't exactly sit in the square when Lake was on him.
    Lake is sometimes found wanting on leading forwards whether they are playing CHF or FF.
    He look a million bucks when our midfield are winning it more and pressure their inside 50s.
    Its not the biggest problem we have.
    Far from it, but he is still a worry which shouldn't be the case considering he is pretty experienced now.