Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: INs and Outs for Semi v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    If Hudson fitness isn't going to allow us to play Minson up forward for at least 60% of the game then we might as well play Skipper as well.

There are plenty of cases for and against playing Ward. Pies seemed to do alright with their kids yesterday and we are better off in the long run blooding him now.
    Take your pick on who he replaces from Ray, Higgins, Harbrow and a few others.
    I'm with ya there Ernie. Minson needs to be up forward, we lack confidence going forward and the easiest way to fix that is to put a big bloke up there to give the small guys a chance. It takes out the zone/flood issue and creates a 50/50 chance. At least it's the best option until you can get your game going. There's nothing worse than seeing us handball the ball and chip backwards constantly trying to find an opening. You just can't do it when they put pressure on you and make you backpedal.

Ward is still light but best on ground for Willy in the wet in a losing VFL final is a good sign. Ray and Eagleton were absolute rubbish the other night and i think you will all agree there lack of skill on either side of their body combined with their lack of ability to withstand pressure brought them undone. Higgins also made some bad skill errors and didn't really provide any defensive pressure either, and Harbrow is really struggling without any big guys for him to rove to in the forward line. The moment Minson goes forward he starts getting his hands on the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He isn't strong enough or have enough endurance to play in the midfield just yet so has spent 90% of his time in Bulldog's colours in the forwardline.

So I ask once again who's spot does he take?
    Eagleton. Harbrow. Higgins. Have all been little value. We've been very poor and we need to shake things up and get some fresh blood in.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Ray, Higgins and Callan
    In: Ward, Tiller and Everitt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Eagleton. Harbrow. Higgins. Have all been little value. We've been very poor and we need to shake things up and get some fresh blood in.
    Yet against Adelaide, Eagleton was one of our best.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Ward
    Out: Harbrow

If Harbrow cannot stick a tackle against the Hawks, what hope does he have against Sydney? And he simply does not find enough of the ball at this stage of his career (forget the junktime possessions he racked up late against Hawthorn). Ward is super courageous and will add some steel to the midfield rotations.

I'd also like to see Eagle sacrificed but I don't think it will happen. Would be happy to see Everitt take his place on the wing.

Willy players only had a 5 day break so it will be difficult to forshadow wholesale changes as a result. Good to see Wood making a claim for senior selection with a string of good performances for Willy.

Ray needs to be kept against Sydney IMO - his running power will be important against a side like Sydney and he cannot possibly butcher the ball as badly again. He was very good in a negating role O'Keefe last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yet against Adelaide, Eagleton was one of our best.
    In the first half on Friday night Eagleton had 8 possessions. I reckon atleast 3 or 4 of these were ineffective. This really isn't good enough for a player who's only role is to receive the ball from his team-mates, run and carry it and deliver it to his team-mates. It's not like he is made responsible for his opponent or anything.

His game against Adelaide was good, but was all predictable in a game where he was allowed to run around as pleased.

Post Thanks / Like

In the first half on Friday night Eagleton had 8 possessions. I reckon atleast 3 or 4 of these were ineffective. This really isn't good enough for a player who's only role is to receive the ball from his team-mates, run and carry it and deliver it to his team-mates. It's not like he is made responsible for his opponent or anything.

His game against Adelaide was good, but was all predictable in a game where he was allowed to run around as pleased.
    Mantis, I agree his position should be in jeopardy this week, but will they drop him?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    In: Ward
    Out: Harbrow

If Harbrow cannot stick a tackle against the Hawks, what hope does he have against Sydney? And he simply does not find enough of the ball at this stage of his career (forget the junktime possessions he racked up late against Hawthorn). Ward is super courageous and will add some steel to the midfield rotations.

I'd also like to see Eagle sacrificed but I don't think it will happen. Would be happy to see Everitt take his place on the wing.
    You've lost me with that one.

How could you possibly keep Higgins in the team ahead of Harbrow. While understanding of your thought processes I am stumped to see what Higgins will offer.

We also need to add a defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Mantis, I agree his position should be in jeopardy this week, but will they drop him?
    No they won't. They haven't got the balls to do so. They will take the easy or safe option like they always do and drop Harbrow and Callan and probably Ray.

Post Thanks / Like

B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
    HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cam Wight, Lindsay Gilbee
    C:, Ryan Griffen, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
    HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
    F: Jason Akermanis, Wayde Skipper, Scott Welsh
    Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Giansiracusa
    I/C: Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Will Minson, Farren Ray
    EMG: Andrejs Everitt, Stephen Tiller, Shaun Higgins

In: Cam Wight, Wayde Skipper
    Out: Shaun Higgins, Nathan Eagleton

Post Thanks / Like

Cam Wight will match-up on whom?

Sydney started with Goodes, Hall, Moore, Buchanan and O'Keefe up forward on Saturday night. Would he pick up any of these?

Post Thanks / Like

Cam Wight will match-up on whom?

Sydney started with Goodes, Hall, Moore, Buchanan and O'Keefe up forward on Saturday night. Would he pick up any of these?
    Goodes?

or resting ruckman if they try and stretch us.

Post Thanks / Like

This should of been the team last week IMO. It's too late to add Wight against a small Sydney forward line. I like the idea of Skipper at CHF at least it gives us something although there must be question marks over his fitness. If we are bringing in Wight just to play him in the hope of winning against Sydney fair enough but who would his match up be the following week against Geelong? Just don't see a spot for him this week or next.

In: Skipper, Tiller
    Out: Higgins, Harbrow

Tiller's pretty ordinary but at least he gives us some options and decent attack on the ball while Skipper gives us a forward option or allows Minson to stay forward while he shares ruck duties with Hudson.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodes?

Yeah maybe on both accounts.

One thing for sure is that Sydney will try and open up there forwardline and let Hall and Goodes go to work. We have to find a way to clog up there space and I don't think we can allow Morris to play on either of these 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodes?

I would not put Wight on Goodes. I would bring in Tiller and put him on O'Keefe and Have Morris on Goodes if he was forward.