HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
    F: Josh Hill, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
    Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
    I/C: Jarrod Harbrow, Shaun Higgins, Daniel Giansiracusa, Stephen Tiller
    EMG: Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray, Callan Ward

In: Tiller
    Out: Farren Ray
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: INs and Outs for Semi v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Ray was twice as good against Hawthorn as Tiller was in his last 3-4 matches this season (and that's saying something). Has the match commitee forgotten how shocking Tiller was against Sydney and North late in the season?

Ray's shocker at least involved him getting a lot of the ball and trying to be constructive for the team - Tiller's 3-4 shockers in a row were all less than 10 possession specials. And at 191 cms, I don't see how he will add all that much 'height' to our backline. On the plus side he is a very strong tackler, which we were desperately lacking last week.

Looks like Ray is now lost to the club. I for one will be disappointed if this transpires as expected. We are now painfully short of running power in our midfield and it will be yet another weakness we need to address in the off-season.
    Agree with all that.

On watching the game 3 times and as bad as Ray was I don't think he was his worst.

We must be picking our team on the basis of last in first out and Tiller, **** me I would have Everitt and Wight well before him, but what do I know??

I'm more pissed off now than I was leaving the ground last Friday (but I had had a dozen stubbies then)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if Ray is out of contract at the end of the season?

Wonder what Freo or the Eagles could offer us in return?

Bad decision maker, too skinny, outside player, constactly puts other players under pressure...have only seen him play 1/2 dozen 'great' games. And we used pick # 4 in a national draft for him (argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sorry to bag him and be negative but after a quite a few of his displays this season, and his lack of development, I think others should be given more of an opportunuity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Does anyone know if Ray is out of contract at the end of the season?

Wonder what Freo or the Eagles could offer us in return?

Bad decision maker, too skinny, outside player, constactly puts other players under pressure...have only seen him play 1/2 dozen 'great' games. And we used pick # 4 in a national draft for him (argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sorry to bag him and be negative but after a quite a few of his displays this season, and his lack of development, I think others should be given more of an opportunuity.
    He is out of contract and was waiting for the end of season before he resigned
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is out of contract and was waiting for the end of season before he resigned
    thats perfect timing, we really got screwed with him. We will get nothing for him at PSD.

Neil Craig will pick him up because he will fit the gut running style that they are after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    thats perfect timing, we really got screwed with him. We will get nothing for him at PSD.

Neil Craig will pick him up because he will fit the gut running style that they are after.
    How about Farren Ray for Robbie Warnock and pick 60(ish) ?

Possible ?
    WOOF Member 422