Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Week 2: Open Training Session

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good to catch up with a few guys, otherwise it was a bit of a waste of time. I think the Willy players (other than Addison) were exempt or trained in doors due to playing Sunday.

Cooney just did a few drills with another player handballing back and forth. Minson and Huddo practised ball ups and Griffen sharked the ball.

Very easy session.

Despite some media reports etc and Rockets ranting I don't believe they will make many changes. Addison may be an inclusion but that will mean we will have, Higgins, Callan and Addison all not at their peak after injuries.
    Add to that list Hahn & Hudson.

Post Thanks / Like

What a waste of time that was to go, i thought training ment they were actually going to train, not jsut have a jog around half the oval, a few stretches and some handballing.

On a positive note it was bloody good to be back in the Whitten Oval, havent seen the inside since the family day, only drive past it every morning on my way to work, but to back inside, sitting in the Whitten stand was very very very good. The bulldog shop is huge as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tragically got lost on his way to a job. Had to drop into Whitten Oval to reorientate himself...
    Got a call last week from a bloke in Gordon St asking me to come out and talk about a project. I told him I was booked up but would call him back Monday. As soon as I found out when training was I called him back and told him I would be there at 9am Tuesday.

Easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minson27 View Post
    What a waste of time that was to go, i thought training ment they were actually going to train, not jsut have a jog around half the oval, a few stretches and some handballing.

On a positive note it was bloody good to be back in the Whitten Oval, havent seen the inside since the family day, only drive past it every morning on my way to work, but to back inside, sitting in the Whitten stand was very very very good. The bulldog shop is huge as well.
    Did you not read that training was between 10-10:45 ?

45min training isn't really going to be training.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing was that I saw Brett Ratten, Brett Montgomery & someone else (??) sitting high up in the EJ Whitten stand. Don't think they would have got too much out of the session.

On Monty did anyone else note that he was sitting with Westy on Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

Its meant to be skills training, handball, kicking, ruck work etc. Pretty lame session though.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Another thing was that I saw Brett Ratten, Brett Montgomery & someone else (??) sitting high up in the EJ Whitten stand. Don't think they would have got too much out of the session.

On Monty did anyone else note that he was sitting with Westy on Friday night.
    Yep, noticed Mont with poor ol Westy...

Curious to know what Ratten would be doing though...who've we got coming out of contract that moneybags Pratt has given them the green light to target?

Even more wildly...If they think they're getting nearer the mark, would they dare ink Westy for a year?...And if we tell him his time is up, would he go?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Yep, noticed Mont with poor ol Westy...

Curious to know what Ratten would be doing though...who've we got coming out of contract that moneybags Pratt has given them the green light to target?

Even more wildly...If they think they're getting nearer the mark, would they dare ink Westy for a year?...And if we tell him his time is up, would he go?
    Interesting, we were thinking the same when we saw Ratten ie who would they be targetting? What does Carlton need right now that we have? Would they go for a Ray? What would they offer?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting, we were thinking the same when we saw Ratten ie who would they be targetting? What does Carlton need right now that we have? Would they go for a Ray? What would they offer?
    They were paying particular attention to the group at Geelong rd end which conatined the midfield types (Boyd, Cross, Ray, Gia, Addison, Callan etc.).

Couldn't quite make out what they were talking about, I will need to improve my stalking skills...

Post Thanks / Like

Ratten would of been there to watch a finals side train and get fresh ideas. I think you are reading to much into it Bornadog.
    And I dont think any club would even consider taking West.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They were paying particular attention to the group at Geelong rd end which conatined the midfield types (Boyd, Cross, Ray, Gia, Addison, Callan etc.).

Couldn't quite make out what they were talking about, I will need to improve my stalking skills...
    Oh, I remember you decided to go up into the stand, now I know why

Post Thanks / Like

Well we know Ratts loves #1 Draft Picks..

Hands off Cooney Ratten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

Yes i did read that, but i did expect them to do a litle bit more than they did.

I did see Brett and Brett (Monty n Ratten) and was going to ask if anyone knew who the other guy was. Was sooo good to see Monty again.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Ratten would have been there to recruit. More likely he was just keeping his finger in the finals pie.

For the record I think Carlton need a tall defender, a small or medium forward and a ruckmen. They need another forward desperately as they will not win a flag when they are so reliant on Fev. They have the least amount of 100 goal a season players in history yet they have the most flags. That probably tells you something about the worth of having guys who kick almost all of your score. I think Carlton would jump at any mid size or small forward who is under 25/26 and has quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I doubt Ratten would have been there to recruit. More likely he was just keeping his finger in the finals pie.

For the record I think Carlton need a tall defender, a small or medium forward and a ruckmen. They need another forward desperately as they will not win a flag when they are so reliant on Fev. They have the least amount of 100 goal a season players in history yet they have the most flags. That probably tells you something about the worth of having guys who kick almost all of your score. I think Carlton would jump at any mid size or small forward who is under 25/26 and has quality.
    Higgins?