Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert Murphy – 150 Games

Congrats to Robert Murphy, this week all going well we will see him play his 150th game.

Milestone games – some say they give the team extra motivation to win – others say it makes no difference.

Bob has not had much finals action in his career and played his first final against Hawthorn last Friday night. This week a win for the team would not only forge our way into the next phase of the finals but will also be a day for Murph to fondly remember and that is his 150th game with a smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robert Murphy – 150 Games

I wish him all the best.
    Imagine if he could prowl the forward line with some serious key forwards taking the best defenders.
    Murph has been punching well above his weight division for years and doing a damn fine job.
    Robert, I take my hat off to you.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we get up like the Kangas did against us (Archer, Harvey & Petrie) when there is a milestone game.

Post Thanks / Like

He has been top perfomer. When I first saw him play I didnt think he would survive 100 games of league football because he was just so skinny but in the end his class was just so evident. He has had a top season this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Milestone games – some say they give the team extra motivation to win – others say it makes no difference.
    I say I hate it when we play an opposition team with a milestone player, because they always seem to win. I wish we could play so well with our milestone games, but memories of the 2006 semi-final don't allow me to hold much hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I say I hate it when we play an opposition team with a milestone player, because they always seem to win. I wish we could play so well with our milestone games, but memories of the 2006 semi-final don't allow me to hold much hope.
    Just think back to the amazing performance by Brad Johnson in his 300th, what a thrilling way to start a season

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe he is already playing his 150th, boy does time fly quickly. Hopefully he will fire up this week, we need his silky skills.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Having been posting much lately. Sulking really.

But I love Robert. Really - I can never figure out of if Robert or Adam is my number one.

It is a good problem to have.

Robert is a football sparkle fairy and brings more joy to me than any other footballer.

There I said it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    Having been posting much lately. Sulking really.

But I love Robert. Really - I can never figure out of if Robert or Adam is my number one.

It is a good problem to have.

Robert is a football sparkle fairy and brings more joy to me than any other footballer.

There I said it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Nathan will be heart broken .... Did you read what TwoDogs wants to do with his head, oh the horror.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't class 150 games as a milestone game.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy got back into some sort of form last week.

We need a big game from him this week, we need him to be a match winner and instrumental in many goals and goal assists.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't anyone notice him getting fairly animated while talking to the playing group straight after half time? I found it really interesting that he was doing all the talking and doing with so much vigour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Didn't anyone notice him getting fairly animated while talking to the playing group straight after half time? I found it really interesting that he was doing all the talking and doing with so much vigour.
    Yeah I saw it on the replay. Looked good that some-one who seems so care free was laying down the law (well that's how it looked).

Post Thanks / Like

Future Captain

Post Thanks / Like

He's definitely captain material, but I think the hardest person to convince would be Murph himself. Great to hear that he was really getting involved and having some voice.