Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2nd SEMI FINAL - MATCH PREVIEW - DOGS v SWANS

We have to win. It's as simple as that.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great read...you will keep me sane later tonight. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I am almost certain we will play number's behind the ball again, but who fills this role is anyone's guess. I don't think Cross can fill the role again, he just isn't creative enough with the ball, but I am not sure who else we can use. We can't allow Hall, Goodes and co to have space to work.

Can I just keep screaming the name JOSH HILL at the top of my lungs. Yes the kids young but we have to take the L plates of him at some stage and to my eyes he's got all the tools to do this job. Good overhead mark, great anticipation, reads the play beautifully, brave and a good disposer of the ball via foot and hand.

We've got the right bloke in th team-lets play him in the hole.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We have sort of played on the counter attack against the swans in the last two encounters. We have had no trouble scoring when we ave managed to get the ball forward. They were both strange games this season and very similar in nature. Both times we blew them away with one quarter of dominance.

Cross and Kirk have basically nullified each other both times this season. Would happily settle for that again after seeing Kirk the other night.

I think we will stick to the same formula we have against them this season. We might have a few match up changes but thats about it. O'Keefe looms as the tough match up. Morris is needed deeper for this game and Hargrave is too valuable in an attacking sense to have him running up and down the ground after O'keefe. Ray played on him last time and while he has the engine O'Keefe still amassed 28 touches. That is too damaging from our point of view. It will be interesting to see if they stick with Ray or take a different approach. It might put Tiller or Everitt back in the selection frame even if they end up on Goodes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've given up trying to work out what's going to happen.

Win the footy and run with the ball carrier to lend support AND PLAY INSTINCTIVELY.

It's a football game so let's act like footballers and play football.

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME read RS...well done!!!!

Win the contested ball and the stoppages and we SHOULD win the match.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Just wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Swans have not been in great form this season, and other than having the wood over North, (Drew against North and beat them in elimination final)

these are the teams they beat:

Port Adelaide twice
    Brisbane Lions twice
    West Coast twice
    Essendon
    Richmond
    St Kilda.
    Melbourne
    Carlton
    Fremantle

We have beaten them twice, but we must go in hard and really attack at all costs.

The bulldogs only ever win games when they kick big scores. I said this to Rocket once and he looked at me in a funny way. If you look at all our losses this year, we kicked in those losses, 70, 98, 79, 67 and 76 last week. The only games we lost when there was a big score was the two shoot outs with North.

All our wins this season we recorded well over 100 points.
    Last edited by bornadog; 10-09-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

HUDSON versus JOLLY
    Jolly is perhaps the AFL's best performed ruckman you don't know about...
    That's as fine a line as I can remember in a match preview, a great post RS

IMO Jolly is the swans most important player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    IMO Jolly is the swans most important player
    Have to be close wouldn't he? They score so much from stoppages and put so much stock in the work they do around stoppages that he just has to be. Sydney have been good at getting these borderline ruckmen from other clubs and getting them to fit into a structure. Ball and now Jolly were both great gets by the swans. The thing they do very well is just clear a little hole around the bounce for Jolly to just drop the ball into. They will have a player hit that spot with momentum and then even if he cant grab it cleanly its going towards their goal.
    Last edited by dog town; 11-09-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Have to be close wouldn't he? They score so much from stoppages and put so much stock in the work they do around stoppages that he just has to be. Sydney have been good at getting these borderline ruckmen from other clubs and getting them to fit into a structure. Ball and now Jolly were both great gets by the swans. The thing they do very well is just clear a little whole around the bounce for Jolly to just drop the ball into. They will have a player hit that spot with momentum and then even if he cant grab it cleanly its going towards their goal.
    Sydney was the subject of ridicule when they traded pick 15 at the time to Melbourne for Jolly. And who did Melbourne get with that pick? Was it Nicholas Smith, who isn't even on the list any more? And what is Jeff White doing these days? Nobody is laughing now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Sydney was the subject of ridicule when they traded pick 15 at the time to Melbourne for Jolly. And who did Melbourne get with that pick? Was it Nicholas Smith, who isn't even on the list any more? And what is Jeff White doing these days? Nobody is laughing now.
    Interesting that they also had Troy Simmonds also isn't it

I wonder if it was Craig Cameron, who is now with the Tigers, who made those picks?