Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Preliminary Final Preview - Bulldogs vs Cats

THE STATS

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    THE STATS

I found this rather curious.

With the exception of the tackle count, essentially we are right up there with Geelong on paper, and in essence we are only a couple of goals behind them.

We kick the thing more than they do and take more marks. Relentless pressure on their 'keep handballing till someone can break free' gameplan will go a long way to bringing them unstuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Everitt is a chance to come into the side?

Purely for the fact of Plan B, when they throw Mooney, Lonergan AND Ottens up forward. Certainly stretches us a fair bit, if we went into the match with the same lineup, who would oppose them when all three are playing forward for Geelong?

Ottens - Lake?
    Mooney - Morris?
    Lonergan - Hargrave/Tiller?

Could put us in a spot of bother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Purely for the fact of Plan B, when they throw Mooney, Lonergan AND Ottens up forward. Certainly stretches us a fair bit, if we went into the match with the same lineup, who would oppose them when all three are playing forward for Geelong?

Ottens - Lake?
    Mooney - Morris?

I doubt there will be any changes but I wouldn't be unhappy at all to see Everitt in the side on Friday. He looked very impressive on Saturday, and his reach could be very important.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Ottens - Lake?
    Mooney - Morris?

I think we are already in a spot of bother.

We have to go with what we have at present and hope that our midfield can do it's job.

Post Thanks / Like

Ottens - Lake?
    Mooney - Morris?

I would think that Morris would love to play on Johnson again and redeem himself for the last time we played. I think it would be worthwhile considering Everitt/Wight as we will need the tall down back.

Maybe drop Welsh or send him back and have the forward line full of whippets.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I would think that Morris would love to play on Johnson again and redeem himself for the last time we played. I think it would be worthwhile considering Everitt/Wight as we will need the tall down back.

Maybe drop Welsh or send him back and have the forward line full of whippets.
    Welsh has been very poor for a few weeks and is lucky to be playing in my opinion.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Welsh has been very poor for a few weeks and is lucky to be playing in my opinion.
    I thought he had a decent game on Friday night, and his long goal late in the second quarter was super-important imo.

He also helps make our forward line that much more dangerous because he's always a chance of popping up and kicking five goals, can take a good contested grab, has shown good defensive pressure throughout the year, can nab an intercept or two, and has probably kicked more crumbing goals than anyone else in our side.

So someone decent has to be put on him, and he is smart enough to be able to play as a decoy and take one of their good defenders away from the play.

He's up and down but we knew that before we got him, and frustrating as he can be, I reckon he's been an excellent pick-up for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I thought he had a decent game on Friday night, and his long goal late in the second quarter was super-important imo.

He also helps make our forward line that much more dangerous because he's always a chance of popping up and kicking five goals, can take a good contested grab, has shown good defensive pressure throughout the year, can nab an intercept or two, and has probably kicked more crumbing goals than anyone else in our side.

So someone decent has to be put on him, and he is smart enough to be able to play as a decoy and take one of their good defenders away from the play.

He's up and down but we knew that before we got him, and frustrating as he can be, I reckon he's been an excellent pick-up for us.
    Thats why you leave him in the side. He is a bit like Hudson or Kolyniuk in that they could be quite for a few weeks but then they will bob up with a match winning effort. He was exactly the same at Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Thats why you leave him in the side. He is a bit like Hudson or Kolyniuk in that they could be quite for a few weeks but then they will bob up with a match winning effort. He was exactly the same at Adelaide.
    He also kicked a couple in the 1999 grand final for North as well. He's a little like Richard Osborne in that regard - very dangerous player who requires attention from the opposition but when he goes missing, you need to call in the SES.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post

We need him to do all that tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

We need him to do all that tomorrow night.
    Indeed, though we'll need virtually everyone at the top of their game if the Cats turn up to play.