Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ashsweb Guest

Re: Bulldogs vs Bombers at Skilled Stadium

Good news that members can get in free.

Anyone know the ticket cost for non-members?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you had your membership ticket, you could get in free at Shepp too.
    I'm sure I had to pay the last two years. It was only $5 or so from memory.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I'm sure I had to pay the last two years. It was only $5 or so from memory.
    Maybe your memory is better than mine. In any case, this year I believe you can get in with your membership ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not to sure if you can get in with your membership ticket. Driving home today from work I head on SEN that the entrance ticket is $14.50 and it all goes to the drought relief in the Geelong area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    I am not to sure if you can get in with your membership ticket. Driving home today from work I head on SEN that the entrance ticket is $14.50 and it all goes to the drought relief in the Geelong area.
    I suspect that there will be a charge. $14.50 is bit rich all things considered though. I have a few friends who are think of going and I think this might actually change their minds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I suspect that there will be a charge. $14.50 is bit rich all things considered though. I have a few friends who are think of going and I think this might actually change their minds.
    Just double check before you let your friends know but that is what I heard on SEN, one bloke rang up and said he was told it was gold coin donation only, SEN called somewhere and came back and mentioned the $14.50 entrance was the fee.

Post Thanks / Like

Just found a link. It says members get in for free.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/NAB...8/Default.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

ive never been to skilled

( and ive never been to me - althought ive seen some things that a woman aint supposed to see - and ive been to paradise)

where is the doggiest place to sit

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post

( and ive never been to me - althought ive seen some things that a woman aint supposed to see - and ive been to paradise)

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?
    When the Cats are playing, they kill the first born of all opposition supporters.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?
    For a practise match, you won't have any problems getting there and parking and finding your way around. There are plenty of spots for your car as the locals park their horse and cart outside the saloon bar (social club)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just back from the game and we had a narrow win by 11 points. The Bombers were 15 points down at the end of the 3rd quarter but were in front by 3 points within 4 minutes in the last quarter.

Great to see Darcy, Murphy, Cooney and Grant back and Aker slipped into thing brilliantly well. Darcy spent some time in the ruck and played as a loose man in defence for a fair portion of time. Even went for a couple of long runs bouncing the ball a couple of times.
    No West or Griffen.

With a 10 man interchange the first quarter was player just running off all the time. I counted 12 changes.
    A quick run down on some of the guys
    Ray started well and did some brilliant things along with a few errors. Got run down a couple of times
    Murphy kicked a goal with his first possession and did very well
    Grant was solid and rotated frequently on and off the bench.
    Cross was pretty much what you would expect and his marking is getting better and better
    Boyd was solid without doing a lot more than that.
    Johnson did some very good things especially his marking in a typical display. Spent a fair bit of time on the bench in the last quarter
    Gilbee was sensational and was marking everything. His disposal was brilliant.
    Eagleton was solid a effort
    Giansiracusa got run down a couple of times but also had the ball on a string at times. Up and down game from Guido
    Power did some sensational things with his quick handballs but missed two set shots that professional footballers should get. Eade needs to do some work on the whole teams set shots.
    Cooney did some typical Cooney things which was great and he rotated on and off the bench frequently. Very good to have him back.
    Faulkner was quiet but OK.
    Higgins started well but got run down a couple of time. He got into a real pucsh and shove with McPhee at the start of the game and held his own. Got injured before half time and didn't return. Looked like a hip injury.
    Aker was very good and his kicking up forward a real feature.
    Addison did OK but wrecked his game by kicking the ball backwards which caused all sorts of problems for his team mates. He has a crack though.
    McMahon was quiet but super effective with his kicks. It was a different game from Jordy but he performed well.
    Hargrave wasn't quite at last weeks form but went well. Getting through the game again will do him good.
    Minson did some nice things today and even went for a bit of a run. Got into a scuffle or two as well.
    McCormack very quiet. Spent a lot of time on the bench.
    Everitt came on in the 2nd half and showed a bit of his athletic prowess and good disposal skills
    Robbins did his normal excellent defensive efforts up forward and was a dangerous. Missed a shot or two but land a good one was well.
    McDougall was above average. Took some good marks and went down in defence a fair few times. He is getting better and his confidence is on the increase
    Skipper did OK. A good mark and goal and was competitive in the ruck. As normal made a few errors.
    Harris couldn't take a trick in contest with Lloyd and gave away some free kicks when he really didn't do too much wrong. Went up forward for a while
    Wight battled hard and was matched up on Lloyd for a while. Provided some run
    Morris was good but not great . Better for the run
    Hughes spent most of the time on the bench but went OK for his limited minutes.
    O'Shea went to defence and was matched up on the resting talls. Didn't disgrace himself.

Talked to Griffen and he will be back next week. Street might be another week away.

Our set shots really was poor given the conditions were perfect.

I can try and answer any question you have.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

My sources are saying that Higgo had a corkie, does that sound right?

Harris on Lloyd. Is harris going to have trouble adjusting to the new rule?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My sources are saying that Higgo had a corkie, does that sound right?

Harris on Lloyd. Is harris going to have trouble adjusting to the new rule?
    Looked like a thigh but a cork isn't out of the question. He got cannoned into his hip.
    I didn't think Harris did too much wrong although occasionally Lloyd had the ball delivered laces up to him. He might struggle with the new rule but he should be able to adapt.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm just back from the game and we had a narrow win by 11 points. The Bombers were 15 points down at the end of the 3rd quarter but were in front by 3 points within 4 minutes in the last quarter.

Great to see Darcy, Murphy, Cooney and Grant back and Aker slipped into thing brilliantly well. Darcy spent some time in the ruck and played as a loose man in defence for a fair portion of time. Even went for a couple of long runs bouncing the ball a couple of times.
    No West or Griffen.

With a 10 man interchange the first quarter was player just running off all the time. I counted 12 changes.
    A quick run down on some of the guys.
    Great post couldn't get there so really good to have your usually incisive mind on the job. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report GVG, friends of mine were at the game and were all excited at seeing Darcy and Robert Murphy out on the ground.