Peter Street - Calf – Test

Robert Murphy - Knee – Available

Stephen Tiller - Foot – Test

Michael West - Knee - 1 week

Brennan Stack - Ankle - 3 weeks

Gavin Hughes - Hamstring – Test

Mitch Hahn - Knee - Ongoing assessment

Tim Walsh - Knee - Ongoing assessment

Luke Darcy - Still rehabilitating in the aim of obtaining match conditioning after being out for the past two seasons

Chris Grant - Started pre season in December and will be playing matches within the next week as part of his 2007 program

Not looking too bad especially as GVG jnr tells me that what was thought to be hamstring related back pain has improved dramatically as a result of some acupuncture.

On another related topic I'm going to put up a blog about the worst football injury that I ever witnessed occur to a Bulldog player. Have a look at the Neil Sachse Blog. Here's the link
    Last edited by alwaysadog; 05-03-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury Update

A number of players not too far away bodes well for the start of the season.
    I'd like to see Hughes available for this week.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing really major, the majority range between 1 -3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing Murphy grace the field again. I have missed watching him in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmdog View Post
    Nothing really major, the majority range between 1 -3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing Murphy grace the field again. I have missed watching him in the side.
    Murphy is well ahead of schedule and I have been told he has worked very hard to get himself right. A couple of weeks ago I saw him running and he sideways agility was excellent. The type of player that just might get back into the line up like he was just missed couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Murphy is well ahead of schedule and I have been told he has worked very hard to get himself right. A couple of weeks ago I saw him running and he sideways agility was excellent. The type of player that just might get back into the line up like he was just missed couple of weeks.
    Thats great news he seems to have really knuckled down and got himself up and running ( so to speak) very quickly and as you have mentioned the sideways agility movement he is doing says a lot about his recovery. Kinda reminds me of Libba IIRC it took him around 18 weeks to come back from his knee?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news he seems to have really knuckled down and got himself up and running ( so to speak) very quickly and as you have mentioned the sideways agility movement he is doing says a lot about his recovery. Kinda reminds me of Libba IIRC it took him around 18 weeks to come back from his knee?
    I notice that Tom Williams is not on that list. Does anyone have an update on his progress?
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

As I was listening to the radio on the way to last friday's game, the SEN team were already in their booth and said that Murph was out on the ground practising his goal kicking. I can't wait till he gets to the real thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    I notice that Tom Williams is not on that list. Does anyone have an update on his progress?
    Have emailed the source of the list with a request for news of Tom's progress.

Hopefully will have some news in 24 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like

If all the injury recovery has been as well handled as Shaggy's was then we are in for a treat. Thought he was very good first up on Friday, especially as I had been sceptical earlier in the week about his chances of playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Have emailed the source of the list with a request for news of Tom's progress.

Hopefully will have some news in 24 hrs.
    You're a legend.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy may not play this weekend according to Eade (source radio interview)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Darcy may not play this weekend according to Eade (source radio interview)
    I don't think he will play given some of the other reports I have heard. The week he will be available.

Post Thanks / Like

No response from source at club re Williams. Anyone got time tomorrow to ring the Footy Dept, get the gen. and post it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    No response from source at club re Williams. Anyone got time tomorrow to ring the Footy Dept, get the gen. and post it?
    I will have a crack at it. This cloak and dagger stuff about Williams is beyond a joke. If there is another problem they should just come out and say so.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Williams back running? What makes everyone assume he is re-injured?