Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs keen for Boyle

Is he a chance of being delisted as if we want him then we are better off getting him cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will trade for a KPP. Looking at how poor the field is, we should only put our third rounder out there for either Boyle or Campbell.

I'd like Macintosh, but i can't see how we could get him. At best i can see Ray, Wight and 2nd rounder. Wouldn't get it done though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Is he a chance of being delisted as if we want him then we are better off getting him cheap.
    Interesting point, it seems they are into ROK in a big way. Perhaps he might be? If he is still contracted, we could be offering them some salary cap relief for a lower pick?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh God Essendon are great comedic value.

Essendon coach Matthew Knights left open the option of a possible play for O'Keefe, creating the prospect of a player-for-player swap, with the Swans having showed strong interest in Bombers speedster Andrew Lovett.
    A player for player swap. My goodness. Here have a piece of crap and we'll have that All Australian back thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He is not a genuine KPP but because of his height looks like he could be. AS TCD pointed out, how would he go against the best defender each week? My guess is that he would struggle.

To me, Welsh is a smarter forward but one that does a bit better if he has someone decent alongside him.
    I think the fact that he really isn't a go to forward has to be the pass/fail criteria on recruiting any forward, and from the sounds of it Boyle fails miserably

IMO Welsh is a class act, he had a down patch during the season, but with a full pre-season could again produce another strong season, but again he is a second or third prong of an attack ideally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I should have quoted this post as well. He's OK but I don't think he will do the job for us.
    I agree that he'd struggle as the main target, as a 2nd or 3rd forward however, he would be of some value, thats why we'd need to find 2 key forwards, we did the same thing with Rawlings, we tried to turn him into THE key forward when in reality, he was a decent defender at Hawthorn, played a decent season up forward for them, but only managed 30 goals!

We also seemed to make the mistake with not checking his knee's out before trading for him, but thats all ancient history.

If we were able to grab a Hall, then Boyle would be fine, but Barry told Rocket that he wants to stay at Sydney.

So that begs the question, who do we chase? We only have a second round pick to play with, unless we dangle out one of our required players, as Geelong did to nab Ottens!

We want a second round pick for Farren Ray, but i'd imagine we might get a 3rd rounder for him.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can only geta 3rd round pick for Ray, I

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that.

I would keep Ray if we only get a third round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Sorry about that.

I would keep Ray if we only get a third round pick.
    That's ok KO-KO.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how this is any different to the discussions about Thorp ... other than Thorp is four year younger than Boyle !!!

If I had to choose between the two ... mmmm ... neither thanks !!!

Recruit youngens ... build our team !!

The only action I would be interested in this week is a striaght swap of Farren Ray for Ben Reid
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I don't see how this is any different to the discussions about Thorp ... other than Thorp is four year younger than Boyle !!!

If I had to choose between the two ... mmmm ... neither thanks !!!

Recruit youngens ... build our team !!

The only action I would be interested in this week is a striaght swap of Farren Ray for Ben Reid
    Thorp is young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think the fact that he really isn't a go to forward has to be the pass/fail criteria on recruiting any forward, and from the sounds of it Boyle fails miserably

IMO Welsh is a class act, he had a down patch during the season, but with a full pre-season could again produce another strong season, but again he is a second or third prong of an attack ideally.
    Clearly not a popular idea (and I'm not shocked) though think about it - Boyle's presence could extend Welsh's career. He got Scarlett in the prelim, he wouldn't have with Boyle there.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Clearly not a popular idea (and I'm not shocked) though think about it - Boyle's presence could extend Welsh's career. He got Scarlett in the prelim, he wouldn't have with Boyle there.
    Cool. Scarlett could take turns destroying both of them.

We're not in the business of prolonging careers unless it's in the clubs best interests.

I want someone who's going to take Welsh's position not make him look good by comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Cool. Scarlett could take turns destroying both of them.

We're not in the business of prolonging careers unless it's in the clubs best interests.

I want someone who's going to take Welsh's position not make him look good by comparison.
    Can I infer from your comments that you agree both Thorp and Boyle are a bad move ??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Can I infer from your comments that you agree both Thorp and Boyle are a bad move ??
    Boyle is a hack who would add nothing.

Thorp will be a seriously good player who I would take in a heartbeat but we won't get.