Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Farren Ray has been canonised.

Bulldogs' football manager James Fantasia was told yesterday that Ray will not agree to remain at Whitten Oval under any circumstances.

"It's up to the Bulldogs to get a deal done because otherwise he'll go through the pre-season draft," said Ray's manager, Rick Olarenshaw, who spoke with Fantasia yesterday.

"Farren wants to see a win-win deal struck. He'd like to get to the club of his choice and see the Bulldogs get something in return. That would be good. If not, then he will go for nothing.

The way he and Olerenshaw have handled this is a disgrace.

I have no issue with him wanting to leave, none whatsoever. But they way he has screwed us in the process and used the media to broadcast everything is an absolute disgrace. He hasn't even had the courage to nominate a club, just said he wont stay with us, killing any opportunity for a half decent trade.

Pricks act.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 08-10-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Take on board the emotive wording, and made it more suitable.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farren Ray is a Dog (Prick)

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post

The way he and Olerenshaw have handled this is a disgrace.

Pricks act.
    Seconded...As if a bloke with Ray's credentials is in a position to pick and choose a la Judd.

But then again Olarenshaw's not really doing any more damage to Ray's value than Ray's done himself almost every time he's taken the field. If the speculation is to be believed, there's a reason Olarenshaw's phone hasn't been flooded with inbound calls, and you'd think that might encourage a slightly more reasonable attitude and tone.

Ray should be thankful for a 2nd chance to redeem himself as a footballer at this level.

I'll say this with regard to his footy, wherever he goes I suspect they'll likewise run out of patience with him much like we have.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how they feel knowing that no club is actively pursuing?

Honestly, what did they expect? The most a club would want to give up is a third rounder. Unless, of course, we saw something like Ray + 32 for Hansen + 36. Otherwise, Ray isn't whetting anyone's appetite.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame Ray at all but this all falls back to the way his manger is handling the media.

I can understand that he wants to be traded and I can understand that he wants to give the club a clear message that him returning to the club is not an option but this has been poorly managed.

If we can't get a reasonable pick, then let him take his chances in the PSD. I'd rather nothing if the best we can get is a 4th rounder.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This thread title says more about the author than the subject.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't blame Ray at all but this all falls back to the way his manger is handling the media.

I can understand that he wants to be traded and I can understand that he wants to give the club a clear message that him returning to the club is not an option but this has been poorly managed.

If we can't get a reasonable pick, then let him take his chances in the PSD. I'd rather nothing if the best we can get is a 4th rounder.
    Totally agree. I would rather let him rot in the PSD than get screwed over.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a big difference between a dog and a prick. I wouldnt go as far as saying hes a dog though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    This thread title says more about the author than the subject.
    How So?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Totally agree. I would rather let him rot in the PSD than get screwed over.
    The thing that works in Rays favour is that Melbourne have already conceded they wouldn't take him through the PSD, leaving a clear pathway to either West Coast or Fremantle - two sides he would be happy to go to.

Thus, we really are in a lose-lose situation UNLESS we can find a club interested enough to compensate us fairly. At this stage, that looks unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

If he wants to go that is his prerogative, if we don't get what we want pick wise then so be it...send him packing off to the PSD and hopefully one of the West Australian clubs picks him up even though Faz has said he would prefer to stay in Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The thing that works in Rays favour is that Melbourne have already conceded they wouldn't take him through the PSD, leaving a clear pathway to either West Coast or Fremantle - two sides he would be happy to go to.

Thus, we really are in a lose-lose situation UNLESS we can find a club interested enough to compensate us fairly. At this stage, that looks unlikely.
    Dont think he is that keen on going back to WA, regardless I would rather make an example than settle for a 4th rounder or something like that.

I think he will look after us if he possibly can.

Post Thanks / Like

"Farren wants to see a win-win deal struck. He'd like to get to the club of his choice and see the Bulldogs get something in return. That would be good. If not, then he will go for nothing.
    How the hell can that happen now O-o-o-larenshaw you stupid stuttering w-w-wanker.
    Last edited by G-Mo77; 08-10-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Dont think he is that keen on going back to WA, regardless I would rather make an example than settle for a 4th rounder or something like that.

I think he will look after us if he possibly can.
    I certainly agree - I would rather send him to the PSD than be bent over, but unfortunately, the satisfaction of playing hardball is fairly limited because he'd be pretty fond of WA. His preference may be to stay in Melbourne, but when family/friends are back in WA, I'm sure it's an adjustment he could make pretty quickly.

Hopefully a deal can be struck with West Coast, we've had a very good trading relationship over the past few years. That would seem our best bet ATM.

Otherwise though, as you said, send him to the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Ray has just confirmed what every club knew already, when a player is out of contract and asks to be traded, 99 times out of a hundred they will go through to the PSD anyway rather than re-sign, unless they are a superstar which our young Farren is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I agree with this also.

It's more the fault of 'Ricky O' than Farren that we find ourselves in this situation.

I think the thread title should be changed, I think it's pretty unjust.